Author Topic: A Wonderful Medusa Drop!  (Read 35746 times)

Offline Blondie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Blondie has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: A Wonderful Medusa Drop!
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 03:45:04 AM »
After having suggested to Trailmyx to add this forum section over a year ago, I finally have something I can post about in here! 

For the past several weeks, I have been beating up on Medusa in the hopes of getting a drop.  Weeks went by and nothing except the constant Stone Dragon's tooth (a Gargoyle Weapon, when unraveled yields one or two relic fragments) would drop into my backpack.

FINALLY, today I read the writing on the left side of the screen when she died and it stated, "A Special Gift has been bestowed upon you for defeating this creature...!"  Low and behold, I look into my backpack and there is a deed.  On the deed it says, 'A Medusa Floor tile'.  I recalled to my home and double-clicked it on the first floor of my house and a miniature version of the Medusa Floor Carving (of her face and snake-like hair) that is in her lair is now in my House!  Woo Hoo!

Congratulations Oracle! The floor design is really cool. Nice drop!

Offline Xman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Xman has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 08:50:06 PM »
Does anyone know if the floor Tile can be dyed?

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 11:08:35 AM »
Dyed?  Thats a good question as in a Tower, Keep, or Castle it might not show up as well.  I have mine in an 18x18 on the white marble floor.

Curtains can be dyed, but Virtue tiles can't be dyed, so i am assuming that this cannot be dyed.

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2010, 07:56:47 PM »
Haven't tried to dye it yet, But, this is what the medusa tile looks like in a keep!!  I got this drop tonight!!!

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Medusa Head.jpg
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2010, 08:36:05 PM »
my buddy got this first medusa he ever did today

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2010, 08:49:16 PM »
Nice C2!! I am not that lucky!  That was probalby the 200th or more that I have done.  lol

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 06:22:34 AM »
it is one of the coolest drops out there.  We ended up doing 7 in total... got that floor deed , the new fey bow, and the venom... nothing else worth mention.

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2010, 08:28:49 AM »
Jaf and I have been doing these peerless every day for a week or so now..one of the main hopes was getting this drop. Congrats to him..now I need one :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2010, 09:15:06 AM »
OK, now that's cool!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2010, 12:08:44 PM »
Jaf and I have been doing these peerless every day for a week or so now..one of the main hopes was getting this drop. Congrats to him..now I need one :)

I will start collecting the keys now Snake, be ready when you get home!

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2010, 12:58:47 PM »
My first Medusa I got the Fey slayer bow. We destroyed her with 3 sampires and a discorder. Key gathering took 3 times longer than it took to kill her! LoL I'm more of a Navrey fan personally. I've already gotten 2 Tangles off her in maybe 20 times killing her
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 01:01:56 PM »
Respawn timer for Navery SUCKS!!  I hate standing around for 10 minutes waiting to fight again.  I get bored quickly and leave lol.

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 01:16:21 PM »
We usually go back and forth between killing Navrey and Slasher, just so we don't get too bored
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2010, 03:08:07 PM »
Jaf and I have gotten pretty good at doing these peerless . Slasher..a cpl of Bush archers with the discorder on a roof. Stygian..2 Bush archers. Medusa..2 bush dexers with a discorder..all standing in a corner to avoid the spawn. The achers use the correct imbued mana leech slaying bows and the Dexers with imbued bladed staffs. LOTS of arti drops..key is to party up on the way in and then drop party once in. Multiple drops.

We have spoken about a script for the Discorder to allow one person to go in with 2 clients and "solo" it.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2010, 04:35:25 PM »
Yeah... that will most likely be a "private stock" or elite script  ;) Not that making a discorder will be that hard, but the other features we talked about would be a little more powerful than I would normally release to the public.

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Tags: