Author Topic: longest time running the same script  (Read 5911 times)

Offline luv2luvlongTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
longest time running the same script
« on: April 23, 2010, 10:22:50 AM »
4 days (and i'm not fishing) and counting. Was figuring to be in jail by now, :D but I'm not 8)
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: longest time running the same script
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 11:03:14 AM »
Client finally crashed today after eating 4gigs of mem :( 
but thats 6 days of running the same script and only pushing play once, (on main script, restarted looter every 16 hrs or so due to an issue with it slowing down).
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 05:16:24 PM »
I've had guildmates run an older version of my miner/lumberjacker for over a week straight.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 07:28:08 PM »
i ran scriptfellow's minerbot for about a year once, stopping only for EUO to update with pubs.

I sold a lot of ingots.  

;D

EDIT: oh, i misunderstood.  I thought you meant without getting caught, not without restarting.  I think my max for that is 4 days, before memory's toast.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:30:01 PM by NObama »

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 04:08:55 AM »
Ohh, I've run TMs Zoo Donator for days on end before. I think I ran it for 14 days before I had what I wanted. I still haven't been caught doing any scripting.

Now that I've said that, I will though  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 04:44:32 AM »
Just so everybody remembers the rules, you only get to hit play on the main script once. :D
When you stop the script or client crashes or you end up in jail the timer ends.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 08:17:38 AM »
Started mine a 23.00 yesterday, came back home at 17.30 and it chrashed at 17.40 :D Makes me suspicious if i have anything to with the chrash... Longest ive done is about 2 days straight.
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 08:21:52 AM »
I have found that a fresh system boot with all the extra junk turned off, is always the best way to start a marathon session. :D

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 10:08:18 AM »
Just so everybody remembers the rules, you only get to hit play on the main script once. :D
When you stop the script or client crashes or you end up in jail the timer ends.

So relogger scripts are legal?  I like this contest!

:D

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 10:47:54 AM »

So relogger scripts are legal?  I like this contest!

:D
Yes relogger scripts are legal

Tags: