Author Topic: Vampurai suit done! At last.  (Read 16211 times)

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Vampurai suit done! At last.
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 08:34:49 PM »
Since this is for an archer, I'm thinking Ranger's Cloak instead of a quiver.  5% SSI is huge on an archer.

Thoughts?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 08:51:36 PM »
Since this is for an archer, I'm thinking Ranger's Cloak instead of a quiver.  5% SSI is huge on an archer.

Thoughts?

Good thinkin'. 8)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 09:29:45 PM »
It's been a LOOONG time since I crafted any woodland armor... whats the trick, or how do you get +5 HCI on the pieces?

JaF

There is a process when imbueing woodland armor. I've been crafting them wrong way all this time and spending a fortune in doing so. I saw some pieces for sale on Ultimacodes and couldn't figure out how the hell they made a suit with that volume of resists and that many mods. Look at Hollywood's pieces in the image I posted earlier in this thread. He has 6 mods on his suit. I misunderstood the rules regarding enhancing, POF'ing and Imbueing.

I haven't taken the time to make the suits yet but after meddling around last night I am almost 100% positive that this is the process to achieve the 6 Mods suits with those level resists.

1) Craft woodland armor from regular wood with a standard non-runic saw (The key being getting balanced pieces with for example 9/9/9/9/9 to survive the enhancing process.)
2) Enhance with Heartwood (Gaining even more resists plus a "6th MOD"  such as DI or HCI)
3) POF to 255
4) Imbue with 5 Mods

I was under the impression that once you alter an item in anyway you could no longer imbue it.

Meaning I had to imbue the item first, then POF it to 255, then attempt to enhance it. That's not the case. You can craft, then enhance, then POF, and then imbue. I guess this is common knowledge to everyone but me! Why am I always the last to know. ???

I'm sure many others are aware of this but looking at many of the pieces on players and what's on sale clearly not everyone understands the process. This makes crafting a helluva alot easier than what my understanding was and your able to get even better custom fit pieces if your willing to take the time to craft balanced pieces to work from that survive the enhancement process.

Hollywood has 4 Mods in properties and 1 Mod in resists and the 6th HCI Heartwood MOD. This is the way to go!

Nobama looks like you and I imparted at least 2 mods into resists where if we enhanced a balanced piece we it would free up 1 Mod to use for Hitpoint increase or LMC if we so chose. So although we have good suits they can be a little better.

Back to the woodshed for me!  8)

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 06:29:25 AM »
You cannot imbue a sixth property onto an item, it doesn't matter how it gets on the item. (There are a couple of exceptions).  To get a sixth property, you have to enhance AFTER you imbue.  This also gives you the opportunity to get the highest possible sum of resists.  The recent change that makes a difference is that you can imbue something after it is enhanced, but this still won't help you get 6 mod items or the highest possible resist sum armor.  

For the best possible woodland items:

1. Craft from REGULAR WOOD exceptional items with minimum resists in one or two categories that you plan to imbue. I do not want balance as it costs you resist point on the imbue.  I prefer a piece as imbalanced as possible as imbue works up from the base resist for the item type and negates any points that were added from being exceptional and from arms lore.  These are simply lost points unless they are in a resist you are not going to imbue.  The points added by exceptional and arms lore do not count toward your overall imbue score or as one of your five properties.
2. PoF
3. Imbue
4. Enhance

If you are using a heartwood runic, I think your best shot is to make it out of heartwood boards.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 09:09:50 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 06:41:34 AM »
Ahh, crap.  I KNEW there was something simple I was forgetting**.  Thanks to ultima and Paul for putting me straight.  The three pieces I posted will just stand as my journeyman project.  Good armor until my masters degree in crafting is complete!

**Besides forgetting to POF before imbuing every so often.  Anyone else do that?  Expensive 'oops...'

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 06:21:40 AM »
ROFL - I finally crafted two chest pieces and enhanced them successfully.  I figure the RNG got stuck on a good number for that tile.

Unfortunately...they both ended up with the same mod: 40 Luck.

Can you believe it?  Still, these pieces aren't bad while I craft the rest of the suit:

Chest #1:
Stam +8
Mana +8
Stam regen 2
Luck 40
11/10/19/14/19

Chest #2:
Stam +8
Mana +8
Stam regen 2
Luck 40
10/10/19/15/19

:P

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 01:58:05 PM »
Two pair of woodland gloves:

Pair #1
Stam +8
Mana +8
Stam regen 2
DI 10%
10/9/19/16/19

Pair #2
Stam +8
Mana +8
Stam regen 2
9/12/19/14/19
Mage Armor

I'm burning through skins like nobody's business.  Highland bouras fear me.

Looks like Phys will be the toughest resist to build into this suit.  Fortunately, the glasses give +25 Phys...

:)

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 10:03:02 PM »
BOO!  I just got robbed of a property.  I enhanced 4 sets of arms, broke 3.  The fourth enhanced successfully, but didn't get any bonus!?

Arms:
Stam +8
Mana +8
Stam regen 2
13/21/19/10/8

BOO!

At least this suit can be built without any relics...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 10:06:44 PM by NObama »

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2010, 10:10:09 PM »
Hey - wait just one second here.  Go back and look at the woodland arms and gauntlets in Ultima's pic, then explain to me how those are possible...there are two or three too many mods on those pieces...

:o

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2010, 10:47:12 PM »
Do a search on ultimacodes for woodland and see what pops up. Below are the best two pieces I've seen so far for what suits my taste. I'm not sure how they're crafted.

I need to go back and experiment some more but I've been busy crafting elemental weapons and haven't made the time to work on any woodland pieces.

Woodland Gorget    Exceptional
(Imbued)
Weight: 3 Stones
Elves Only
Hit Point Increase 5
Stamina Increase 8
Mana Increase 5
Lower Mana Cost 8%
Damage Increase 10%
Physical Resist 10%
Fire Resist 21%
Cold Resist 8%
Poison Resist 15%
Energy Resist 11%

Strength Requirement 45
Durability 255 / 255

Woodland Arms Exceptional
(Imbued)
Weight: 5 Stones
Elves Only
Hit Point Increase 5
Stamina Increase 8
Mana Increase 5
Lower Mana Cost 8%
Damage Increase 10%
Physical Resist 11%
Fire Resist 21%
Cold Resist 8%
Poison Resist 16%
Energy Resist 9%

Strength Requirement 80
Durability 255 / 255

« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 10:50:36 PM by Ultima »

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2010, 11:30:15 PM »
Those are imbueable, 4 imbues to mods and one imbue to the resists. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2010, 06:00:36 AM »
Drat drat DRAT.

I have been crafting my pieces without arms lore, thinking that the arms lore resist bonus counted toward the five properties!  SHOOT!

Oh well.  Good thing none of these pieces has 5 HCI...

::)

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2010, 06:58:57 AM »
It is a huge amount of work, time, gold, to make pieces like that.    You have to make except normal woodland items with the right base resist then do the following:
about 2 Pof
10 essence of order
20 lumi fungi
10 boura pelts
5 relic frags
Then "try" to enhance with heartwood and watch 60%-90% of them break, then of the ones that don't break you HOPE to get the hci mod or maybe the di mod.  Even if you farm up some of the stuff to make its at least 600k per attempt.   

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2010, 03:44:35 PM »
20 boura pelts, not 10.

Also, some of those pieces are just not possible given current imbuing constraints.  Makes me wonder how they were created.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2010, 04:10:52 PM »
We're in agreement Nobama.  There is either some bug with imbuing woodland pieces that someone is keeping close to the vest or those pieces I posted got grandfathered in before certain restrictions were implemented. The woodland arms and gorget I posted right above appear to have 7 mods not 6.

I'd like to see someone explain to me how to reproduce either of the two pieces I posted. I'm all ears....

« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 04:14:30 PM by Ultima »

Tags: