Author Topic: New Player Introduction  (Read 3359 times)

Offline fluxcapacitrTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • fluxcapacitr has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New Player Introduction
« on: December 29, 2011, 10:54:36 AM »
Hi there,

I go by Flux. I've been around UO for as long as I can remember.  I started playing it as a child when it first came out. I remember being excited about the cloth map, collector pin and the manual that resembled back then what is today's version of YellowPages phonesbook.  I've grown up playing ultima and I play it even now as I'm getting to be an older guy.  I'm married, kids on the way, want to enjoy gaming for now, as I'll be taking a haitus from it all when the babies arrive. XD

I dabble in scripting. Nothing fancy. Usually simple scripts that aren't around (really simple if I'm making from scratch.) I try to modify scripts others made to do things I like them to do. One such example is the Confidence always on script I submitted here a few minutes ago based on Scriblet's LS always on.

I'm Italian living in Canada.  I speak Italian, English and French. I play on Yamato now, whereas I played Atlantic for most of my time spent on UO. Why?  Latency makes it a little more challenging, and it's a good way to practice talking Japanese. I focus primarily on PVM as I'd get blown away in PvP.  I can't play as much as I used to when I was a kid, so I focus on things that are a little more realistic as far as competitive edge goes.

Two things I love in this life so far; My wife, and a black ford mustang convertible.  Everything else is just gravy.

Looking forward to learning a few tricks from you master scripters. Anyone playing on any of the JPN shards, hit me.

-Flux

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: New Player Introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 11:03:46 AM »
Welcome to ScriptUO Flux!

Congratulations on soon becoming a father. :)

I like the seclusion some of the Asian shards have to offer. 

Enjoy the site and the community!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 12:42:34 PM »
Welcome to the site.  Thx for the great intro.  I'll get ya unrestricted.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 12:43:54 PM »
Already beat ya to it ;) Welcome Flux and kudos on the reference to a great 80's movie!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 12:45:38 PM »
WELCOME!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 12:46:19 PM »
Already beat ya to it ;) Welcome Flux and kudos on the reference to a great 80's movie!

X

Nice timing, I kept looking for his name and scratching my head so I refreshed to post to see if it wE done while I went to groups.  Sure as ________. You beat me there.

Offline fluxcapacitrTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • fluxcapacitr has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 06:39:04 AM »
Thanks Everyone! :D

Tags: introduction