Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Producer's Update - May 2010  (Read 7319 times)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: [UO Herald News] Producer's Update - May 2010
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 08:40:05 AM »
It flat out mentions afk scripters...

Well, AFK scripters should get what they deserve.  ;)

I personally never want to go back to the days when I have to evaluate loot by hand.  That's so 1997...
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 08:45:50 AM »
It flat out mentions afk scripters...

Well, AFK scripters should get what they deserve.  ;)

I personally never want to go back to the days when I have to evaluate loot by hand.  That's so 1997...

Plenty of other games worth playing that are more up to the times where I have to click to play.  :)  EUO is what makes UO great.  Without it, the appeal is gone.

Offline captainsparrow1882

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • captainsparrow1882 has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 11:56:22 AM »
What I would expect to see in those statistics is a strong correlation in use between EUO and the classic client. Wouldn't it be the easiest for them to pull the plug on the classic client? .. wouldn't solve the speedhack problem though.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 12:14:57 PM »
What I would expect to see in those statistics is a strong correlation in use between EUO and the classic client. Wouldn't it be the easiest for them to pull the plug on the classic client? .. wouldn't solve the speedhack problem though.

Heh, well that won't happen.  Not too many people use the "enhanced" client.  I suspect more people use EUO than use their spiffy new client.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 01:30:12 PM »

Heh, well that won't happen.  Not too many people use the "enhanced" client.  I suspect more people use EUO than use their spiffy new client.  ;)

Indeed.  There is no reason for the continuous outcry on stratics over 'ruining the look and feel of the classic client' - other than ending access to EUO...

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 02:17:59 PM »
its funny, I would of thought they would of fixed all the things you can walk through by now, but when you play enhanced, you can walk through them anyways. Lol no hacks needed, because half the crap from classic isn't transferred over to the other client.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: