Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Producer's Update - 9/10/2010  (Read 3510 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    2.4%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
[UO Herald News] Producer's Update - 9/10/2010
« on: September 10, 2010, 05:17:02 PM »
Producer's Update - 9/10/2010

This week I’d like to follow up on some questions asked during the Town Hall as well as continue to clarify what a booster pack means, and what you are paying for and what you are NOT paying for.
  What is the plan for the next Booster? When will we see it?
  Booster packs are geared for semi-rapid dev cycles plus testing. The goal is to release two per year.  We have several ideas right now. But in the short term we are going to focus on completing the current design, delivering arenas to test center as soon as we can, and fixing bugs in game.
  The booster went into Alpha testing Wednesday (September 8th) and we have an aggressive bug schedule we are digging into, to get players hands on it and to an external test center in the not too distant future.
  Most importantly, the cost of the booster pack does not include “the cost of labor.” This means that we fix bugs and core systems that EVERYONE will have access to. What you pay for is the content surrounding those updates. For example, with the current booster in production everyone will receive the benefit of smooth boat movement. It is core functionality we cannot actively separate from the game. What the customer pays for are new ships, new quests, and access to “cool stuff” like new recipes and boss battles.
  As for all content, the booster is available for both clients. Smooth boat movement was initially developed and tested in the Classic Client, and later developed and tested in the Enhanced Client.
  Players do not pay for the Ultima Online clients. You pay for the content.                

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=1087

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: [UO Herald News] Producer's Update - 9/10/2010
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 07:26:34 PM »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Scrripty

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 09:50:47 PM »
Nope. :)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 10:11:51 PM »
*Achooooooo*

I'm allergic to bull *bleep*.

Anybody else been approached by a gm recently?
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 10:16:50 PM »
Came back to sensor my language, sorry guys... .Long day... looks like someone beat me to it!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 10:34:12 PM »
It be borderline suicide on their part! I mean let's face it...the players complaining more than like are the ones holding one account. Where as people who script I'm guessing are holding multiple accounts because the want to be able to play the game and run scripts of their choosing on another account.

Thus far I think their approach on the subject has been what is should be. Scripting has been going on for almost 10 years now. It's an integral part of the game whether one likes it or not. I'm all for them going after serious cheaters that are exploiting, Duping, Speedhacking etc...

If I'm paying for an account I should be able to do whatever the hell I want when I'm paying for that account regardless of whether or not I'm attended.  I paid for the time. Who cares what I'm doing as long as it's within the confines of the game. Bugger off says me....

I remember the topic come up on Stratics about using the Help Command "Stuck" option to get out places.  Stratics members cried about how is was foulplay and an abuse of the game mechanics etc.... Someone I don't remember who replied  "I pay a monthly fee for my account and I'll use that stuck option as many times as I want". Those Stratics dingbats gave him all kinds of flack. His comment stood out to me and I got a kick out of it  because he was spot on.

I think the anaolgy applies to scripting. We're not doing anything in the game we couldn't do otherwise. It's our perogative what we want to do with our accounts and how we want to spend the time. We're paying for it.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 08:09:50 AM »
Nah, we're good.  The letter says bannings are based on frequency of use.  Most of us only use EUO once a day...granted, it starts at server up and ends at server down - but it's still just once!

:P

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 08:40:10 AM »
that was one of the dumbest things they ever said.  it was so clear that nothing has been done.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 09:54:44 AM »
Indeed.  If they're targeting EUO users, my 3 accounts running on multiple shards 24/7 have to have been at the top of the list.

Of course, maybe skill development isn't on their radar...

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 03:47:33 PM »
It is  all about show the small few who are complaining that we are doing something and then they will go GOOD and shut up for a awhile.  The squeaky wheel almost always gets some oil.  No one ever said what kind of oil it got or how good it was :)

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »
I know of one duper that got the ban stick.

He was using some dupes and some bugs to get relic frags.

He also does multi-shard stuff.  Billions of Billions of business

Scrripty

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 04:18:20 PM »
Yea that stuff is what's ruining the economy.  And Cerveza undercutting everything I sell.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »
The name of the place is Undercutters... what would you expect LOL.

Now I have to check your silly broke vendors any time I want to put something out just to make sure I'm not cutting the home team.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: