Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Producer's Update 09/23/10 - High Seas Open Beta Begins!  (Read 5972 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    2.4%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Producer's Update 09/23/10 - High Seas Open Beta Begins!

At last, Beta for High Seas is now entering Open Beta - Rogues, sailors, merchants, and all adventurers who have been waiting for days of smoothly sailing Sosarian seas or brandishing scimitars against bandits or pirates will now have their appetites sated!
  You can experience High Seas on Test Center 9 starting 24 September, 2010. The interim play guide for High Seas can be found here, and will walk you through the High Seas experience. Starting tomorrow, please provide your feedback here.
  You can get a head start by downloading the clients here:
  Classic ClientEnhanced Client 
  With the start of Beta we present an interesting challenge - scallywags need not apply! Your first task is to focus on the boss encounter against Scalis’ might.  If you’re still up for more death and mayhem visit the island of Corgul the Soulbinder.
  Internal testing shows that Scalis may be too powerful; however, I am of the mind that the extremely capable warriors of Britannia should make short work of him …
  As we continue  internal testing and development, and provide updates on the external test center, we’ll want your input on ship-to-ship combat, fishing, and quests at the sea markets as well.  
  When Ultima Online™: High Seas releases this fall all players will benefit from:

Enhanced boat movement system and three new ship types with customizable colors, weapons and ammunition

For $14.99 USD you can also enjoy:

Brand new NPC Ship Combat with enhanced ship-to-ship combat and damage states
      Bank/Character Storage Increase, Sea Markets, new fish, fishing buffs, and recipes, paintable boats, Level 7 Treasure Chests and new boss encounters: the Scalis and Corgul the Soulbinder
      All new ship combat! Features include new ship to ship combat,  ship weapons and ammunition, and NPC Ship Combat (Pirates and Merchants)

And finally, stay tuned as we get closer to our Hall of Fame Award this Fall at GDC Online in Austin, Texas.
  More exciting news to come for Ultima Online!

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=1092

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: [UO Herald News] Producer's Update 09/23/10 - High Seas Open Beta Begins!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 05:14:30 PM »
Yay - time to start breaking the new toy!  Keep all the juicy tricks under wraps for a bit, chaps...and, as always, focus on multiaccounting!

We now return to Disneyland.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 06:00:54 PM »
I love how they release this after mass bannings....$50 says they cut their potential revenue by 25% just from the bannings
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 06:46:22 PM »
I love how they release this after mass bannings....$50 says they cut their potential revenue by 25% just from the bannings

Yea it is kinda ass backwards...  left hand dont know what right hand is doing
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 01:16:08 AM »
who was banned... I didn't hear of anyone actually getting the hammer.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 04:58:29 AM »
look at the shoutbox history.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 05:41:41 AM »
Lets all think about this for one second?  What are they gaining by banning people? Are they thinking that if they ban a few people that the other ones are going to now buy more accounts? or that this will draw more people into UO? This is what advertising would do or store boxes would do. By banning people they are just alianating(wrong spelling) certain play styles from the game and lowering the players per shard ratio? I mean what are they thinking and then release an add-on that has fewer people to by the add-on now? I see an issue in the logic behind this or I am to bright to see it from there perspective?

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 09:43:58 AM »
I know of some dupers that have been banned. They are watching the main areas of afk macroing hardcore like.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 10:21:40 AM »
As I've said many times before, I believe most of the bannings have stemmed from people using Cheat Engine moreso than EUO. But that's just my personal insight
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 11:58:52 AM »
Lets all think about this for one second?  What are they gaining by banning people? Are they thinking that if they ban a few people that the other ones are going to now buy more accounts? or that this will draw more people into UO? This is what advertising would do or store boxes would do. By banning people they are just alianating(wrong spelling) certain play styles from the game and lowering the players per shard ratio? I mean what are they thinking and then release an add-on that has fewer people to by the add-on now? I see an issue in the logic behind this or I am to bright to see it from there perspective?

This is marketing not talking to game development.

EDIT:  In fact, I'm betting someone gets fired over it.  Let's watch for a "Farewell to UO Community from Dev X" letter in the near future.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 12:01:18 PM by NObama »

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 11:59:56 AM »
They are watching the main areas of afk macroing hardcore like.

Shenanigans.  They should have banned me a half-dozen times on each of three accounts over the last two weeks, then - and Ultima should have been hog-tied and tattooed across the forehead with "CHEATERSESES."  This was cheat engine, pure and simple.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 12:02:22 PM by NObama »

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 12:01:27 PM »
I know of some dupers that have been banned. They are watching the main areas of afk macroing hardcore like.

assumed dupers or real.

I am with maddog on this.  I think there was something to cheat engine that was doing more than we thougth and they got snagged.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 12:05:06 PM »
i did have a chest and a bone pile appear in my backpack last night.  i have afk macroed fishing for 40+ days straight and never had that happen.  So I macroed the rest of the night after tossing it on th eships deck and nothing happened to me.  I say - not hardcore macroing

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 05:54:18 PM »
Go ahead ...throw me in front of the Bus!

All 4 of my accounts have been going 24/7 for months on end now.

I'm not doing anything the client wouldn't otherwise let me do. I have no desire to mess around with any programs that would allow me to do something I couldn't do myself in the game. There is certainly a line I draw between scripting and then hacking/duping/exploiting. Of the latter I want no part of...

I Mine, Train Skills, HW and do some BODs. Granted I'm guilty of what TM refers to as "Scripting Abuse".

I just don't look at it like that. I paid for the time...for a month. Whose business is it what I'm doing or how long I'm doing it for? I paid for the time.

I don't hurt anyone else by any of the things I do scripting in the game. If anything I try and help people in game when I can. I love UO and I don't want to see any harm come to it. Scripting only enhances the entire gaming process.

It's not like we all run scripts and then get burned out. It's the opposite. We end up wanting more accounts and want to create/test out new scripts. That's all good for the game.

Unfortunately I seem to be in the minority but that's how I view it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:10:12 PM by Ultima »

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 06:17:43 PM »
Well said Ultima and I agree and am guilty of all the above :)

Tags: