Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Official Response to Multiboxing  (Read 12738 times)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: [UO Herald News] Official Response to Multiboxing
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 11:03:26 AM »
If I see someone running 20 accounts at once - I will page on him.
I am afraid 1 guy can ruin it for all of us.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 11:11:19 AM »
If I see someone running 20 accounts at once - I will page on him.
I am afraid 1 guy can ruin it for all of us.

Well im pretty certain the search sites are multiboxing across many machines and probably in that region of accounts
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 11:17:24 AM »
But they dont run EUO or at least they say they dont.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 11:17:50 AM »
Don't confuse multiclient with multibox.

Multibox is the software that sends the keystrokes to the various areas on the screen, or separate window applications.

If you have like 9 clients running

[1][2][3]
[4][5][6]
[7][8][9]

Multiboxing allows you to send keystrokes to any number of those 9, or all 9 at once, or one after another with a delay. Multibox is just the keystrokes going out to the different clients.

That's what they are saying is "macroing". Being able to address multi-clients all at the same time. If you were to open 9 clients but click into each one to perform actions, then it's entirely allowed.

By their "Multiboxing is not illegal" statement they really messed up. Saying that means that it's allowed to send mutliple commands to multiple clients. I think they wanted to word it differently.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 11:46:04 AM »
my bad didnt read the thread... thanks for clarifing Cerveza. 
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Scrripty

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 12:39:43 PM »
The unofficial word on multi CLIENTING is that as long as you're attended, you're ok.  I've been paged on a number of times, and have only been approached by a gm once.  I responded on all clients, and he left without a word.  And when I say paged on a number of times... I'm sure it's a NUMBER of times.  Soon to quadruple in number.  I think it helps if you're actually in control of all characters involved tho in such a way that you can move them around, and respond to gm requests.  Just make sure all clients are in a spot you can see them. :)  I know a couple tamers that page on me non stop for killing their pets. heh

Scrripty

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 12:50:04 PM »
I just read through this post on Stratics, pretty hillarious actually.

http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/240984-%5Buo-herald%5D-official-response-multiboxing.html#post1952279

Just gave me a few ideas to make a better mouse for their trap. heh

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 01:07:18 PM »
I just read through this post on Stratics, pretty hillarious actually.

http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/240984-%5Buo-herald%5D-official-response-multiboxing.html#post1952279

Just gave me a few ideas to make a better mouse for their trap. heh

Yea that was some pathetic wining over their... if the 10multibox is bothering you gather up some friends and take them down guard zone or not...

Scrripty

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 01:10:58 PM »
The thing I find most funny is no one in UO has a backbone anymore.  When I first started playing, no one complained about cheaters that I played with.  We banded together to take them out. :)  Course I was a dreadlord, and all dread lords worked together back then... heh  I miss those days when not ONE red attacked another red.  That was fun.  You could be out roaming through the woods and run into another group of reds, and you all stopped and shot the *bleep* for 15 minutes until you got bored and wanted to kill more blues. haha  And we all had our little "slice of UO" where other reds knew you'd be if they wanted to contact you/needed help. :)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 05:52:31 AM »
my bad didnt read the thread... thanks for clarifing Cerveza. 

Yes thank you very much for clearing this up for me also Cerveza.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 08:06:42 AM »
Yeah, I read the original thread a few days ago and about fell out of my chair laughing. Some noob is running some pathetic setup and people are complaining about it.

My god, If Twinkle McNugget, cerveza, and I were all on one shard with all of our combined powers, THEY WOULD SEE WHAT A REAL SETUP IS!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 08:22:50 AM »
ROFL, with just a couple of multi-client setups running you would completely dominate a shard.

Multiboxing like this dude was doing really isn't that good of a way. How do you get everyone onto the same target? If I understand it correctly, it's not mouse movement or clicking, but keystrokes. I guess you could use "next hostile" or something to get them all synced.

With EUOx and multiclienting you can have information shared between all clients. If I target someone that information is sent to the other clients as well and #ltargetID is shared.

Like MW said... a few multi-clienting people who know what they are doing could hold off a VERY large group of attackers. Heck I held off 4 guys and they were using EV's also... I lasted like 5 minutes with only TWO guys!
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline A Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • A Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 10:02:56 AM »
I would not want to be on the other side of a bridge with a few people who knew how to really milk this for all it's worth.  That said I do think it would be darn funny to open a few newb accounts and just see how much one could do.  GL on the GM's finding you if you just logged on, raided, took the champ and left.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2011, 10:13:06 AM »
I've often thought that a large enough group of noobs could accomplish some pretty amazing things.

If you had say 20 temp accounts with 50 magery and 50 eval, you could buy up 40 med/focus and take them all to Yew gate. It doesn't seem like Fireball would do much damage, but 20 of them... all on one target?

Scrripty

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2011, 10:29:46 AM »
I guess you guys are too young to remember the Bob and Fred shard raids then? :)  Those were a BLAST.  Hundreds of noobs would logon to shards and just raid major pvp areas.  Was fun.  They'd all be named Bob or Fred.

Tags: