Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Discussion of UO Changes  (Read 4545 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    2.4%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
[UO Herald News] Discussion of UO Changes
« on: June 04, 2012, 08:17:01 AM »
Discussion of UO Changes

Associate Producer Bonnie “Mesanna” Armstrong is discussing plans for the near future of UO on UOStratics:
In approx 2 weeks we will be putting the following on TC1, I hope you guys have time to go check out the changes and give us your feedback.

Faction armor distribution - Faction Armor will now cost silver and we removed faction rank restrictions for wearing faction artifacts
Faction point system distribution – Points will now be distributed to multiple faction members when participating in killing faction enemies via healing and direct damage.
Three (3) new ways to gain City loyalty.
A new craftable improved version of the communication crystals.

To find out what other players think of the changes and join in on the discussion, check out the thread here.

http://www.uoherald.com/node/608

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: [UO Herald News] Discussion of UO Changes
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 09:31:38 AM »
So, just curious, doesn't faction armor ALREADY cost silver? What's the difference here?

Also, what is the purpose of faction ranks and points now?

Maybe I've been away from faction play for too long, it's been since MBS on Origin.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 10:09:08 AM »
Sounds like there is no rank requirement for say wearing the orny.  Anyone with enough silver can buy a faction orny and wear it. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 10:22:45 AM »
That's what it sounds like. Rank requirement wasn't too much of a pain, then they changed things recently. By only allowing a small percentage of factions to be Level 10 you really limit who can have the gear.

Now it seems they are going the other route.

I'd like to see one of two different things.

1 - If you are in factions, you are a target no matter where you are in the game. NO SAFE ZONES for factions.

2 - If you are in factions and using faction gear, it drops into your pack if you enter a non-faction zone (trammel rule set).
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 10:33:03 AM »
Those are the reasons for my questions. First, faction arties used to cost silver. Now they're saying that faction arties are going to cost silver. What's the difference? Does this mean my threads will be worthless now? I can't think of anything else.

On the rank, right, if I can wear my faction orny without any worry now what is the point of rank and points at all? I could see if they are somehow directly related to town reputation, etc but otherwise why do I care?

And I like both those ideas Cerv, too bad they make too much sense to ever get any play ;)

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 10:55:12 AM »
Unfortunately the trammy voice is the one heard loudest.

When they made it more difficult to maintain higher faction levels, and way more difficult to get the points, a LOT of trammies who had been using the faction gear were no longer able to run their Orny + Crystalline ring combos any longer. Like any parent knows, the whiners and criers usually get what they want.

So now you will need silver ONLY to have faction gear, and there will be no rank requirement.

I do love killing silver farmers... heh.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 03:12:35 PM »
The comment about gear needing silver is confusing. Perhaps it will use silver to insure instead of gold?

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 12:26:57 PM »
I haven't played with Faction stuff lately, but let's closely examine the comment:

Faction Armor will now cost silver and we removed faction rank restrictions for wearing faction artifacts
I see two important points:

- Faction Artifacts are currently restricted by Faction Rank.  This is being removed.
- Something called 'Faction Armor' is going to be introduced to the game.  It will cost silver.

Yes, some Faction Artifacts are pieces of armor.  I read this as more faction armor will be added to the game.  If they were the same thing, I think she would not have mentioned it twice in the same sentence.

~shrug~

Might just be me, though.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 12:53:58 PM »
But if it's going to be added to the game in the future then why say "will now cost silver" which implies that there is some type of faction armor that currently doesn't cost silver?

I agree with your interpretation, also that most of these updates are typed by monkeys.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 01:13:44 PM »
Monkeys, indeed.  These are the same people who cannot even spell the facet or shard names correctly.

I'm hoping for some new additions to faction armor, though.  I like collecting shiny things.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 05:19:15 PM »
I like collecting shiny things.

Mes likes collecting shine things alsos. Missss Preashussssse.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 07:11:28 PM »
I think no faction rank requirements brings more PvP to the table than there is currently.  I know quite a few people who've been on the line with Skyrim / BF3 & now Diablo 3 that haven't been PvP'ing in UO simply bc current shard populations make rank 10 a pita or just impossible & they don't have the time to update suits.  I actually like the idea of SILVER being the primary requirement for Faction Items intead of Rank.  Perhaps 10k silver or even more for Rank 10 items etc.. means I'm able to now catch Faction people at the prime silver farming spots now too.  Rank 10 Faction items were a GIVEN for PvPing for years & suddenly removing that put alot of people into the "Build a new suit" category...  Anway, just my 0.02 Cents.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 08:05:57 PM »
The only real option for this stuff IMO is to pass the pvp into tram, or just get rid of the items.  I can think of 20 people who seem to have stopped playing after this change was made.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 04:24:26 PM »
Where are the prime Faction Silver Farming Spots?  I only know of the one in Blighted Grove...

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 06:49:19 PM »
Where are the prime Faction Silver Farming Spots?  I only know of the one in Blighted Grove...

deamons at fire temple or hygloth are also good.

Tags: