0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • alaskan has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Tutor?
« on: April 27, 2014, 08:46:16 AM »
Looking for an easyuo tutor  :D, someone who has the free time to help me learn scripting in euo. I've gotten to the point of giving up hope on reading the euo documentation and trying to learn from it. I know everyone says it's best to learn from looking at other scripts as well but I understand that they work I want to know how they work and why they put some of the variables in where they did, you know? I understand the flow of a script very well but I get lost at what to put into the script hehe. I'm on ICQ and team speak as well. Any help would be much appreciated  :)
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: Tutor?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 03:39:05 PM »
You can always icq me 122478100
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline alaskanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 05:11:28 PM »
Ok cool thanks so much and hopefully I can become good enough one day to make some contributions to this site  :D

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 08:14:13 PM »
You may want to look into Stealth if you're going to take time to learn anything, Cheffe seems to be one midlife crisis away from dropping EUO. (Can't say I blame him, really. Nearly everything over on easyuo.com goes vastly unappreciated by the users)

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 08:19:39 PM »
(Can't say I blame him, really. Nearly everything over on easyuo.com goes vastly unappreciated by the users)
Exactly.  But, this is just the way things have been in the scripting world since the dawn of time.  If this was something he's been sensitive about, then he would have dropped the project years ago.  Must be man-stration again.  ;)

My time of the month is over a couple days ago.  hehehe
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 09:57:37 AM »
You may want to look into Stealth if you're going to take time to learn anything, Cheffe seems to be one midlife crisis away from dropping EUO. (Can't say I blame him, really. Nearly everything over on easyuo.com goes vastly unappreciated by the users)

Aye I would love to learn Stealth, I've watched Orich's tutorial and I've been watching some education videos as well on C# but I think Stealth might be out of my grasp as of right now. I've been told EUO is fairly easy to learn and I think I'm grasping it for the most part so far. I appreciate every script/snippet that anyone has ever made, it has helped me to learn a lot about EUO but when I'm writing my own I still get a little stuck on what exactly to put. I have the base outline but can't seem to make the code work properly sometimes, trial and error are my closest acquaintances right now while learning/writing hehe. 

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 10:12:39 AM »

Aye I would love to learn Stealth, I've watched Orich's tutorial and I've been watching some education videos as well on C# but I think Stealth might be out of my grasp as of right now. I've been told EUO is fairly easy to learn and I think I'm grasping it for the most part so far. I appreciate every script/snippet that anyone has ever made, it has helped me to learn a lot about EUO but when I'm writing my own I still get a little stuck on what exactly to put. I have the base outline but can't seem to make the code work properly sometimes, trial and error are my closest acquaintances right now while learning/writing hehe. 

Learning Stealth with Pascal Script is easy like easyuo:)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 04:00:33 AM »
Learning Stealth with Pascal Script is easy like easyuo:)

Can you write in pascal with Stealth itself or would you need a third party software? I know you don't really need visual studio for C# but I got it anyway just because I feel like it's easier to write with. Also I don't even what pascal is but if it's as easy to learn as EUO then I might have to check it out hehe, though I'm still learning EUO as is  :). I'm kind of one of those people that once my mind is set on something I'll try to my best to do anything I can to achieve it.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 05:19:18 AM »
Pascal Script doesnt require anything. We have an integrated Editor wich hase a lot of features similar to an IDE (SyntaxHighlight, Debugmode, Auto Intended, Script Compiler {Yes you can make compiled scripts!}...)
Ask Pearls, he currently is learning pascal for stealth :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 06:43:05 AM »
I will definitely look into once I feel competent enough with EUO that way I have a better sense of script flow and where and what to put in the script. I will also contact pearls at that moment as well hehe, thanks once again  :)

Tags: Easyuo