Author Topic: Not killing stuff is extremely profitable!  (Read 1556 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Not killing stuff is extremely profitable!
« on: September 29, 2015, 10:22:35 PM »
As you've probably guessed from my other posts I enjoy a bit of danger while trying to get rich in UO. I prefer fel idocs over tram and I roleplay the pirate style using a character with a template that can not kill anything. I just wanted to share with you how incredibly profitable that is.

Basic skills
- Hiding
- Stealth (freedom to move anywhere is essential)
- Magery (primarily for heals, marking and recall but also for telekinisis/unlock on chests, etc, many uses)
- Snooping
- Stealing (if I get beat to an item I really want I generally try to lift it from the player, useful in other places like doom)

With just those 5 skills you are having a blast already, the thief guild disguise kit is awesome fun. At fel Idocs you can actually LET others loot good stuff and just target them, use them as a filter to find good items. It's a bit risky but with some practice there is rarely an idoc in which you don't get *something*. Not killing stuff gets better... a lot of activities require two skills to use properly so you can pair them up in sets and add them via soulstone to fit what you're doing... example

Extra skills - stored on soulstones for use when you need em
- Carto and Lockpick, you can do all of your fishing tmaps and just hide while examining loot. You can kite the mobs away and hide to leave them there if they become pesky, I find this the best source of alacrity/trans scrolls since the time involved is minimal since you're not fighting stuff. You don't need GM carto or lockpick to handle any fishing tmaps.

- Detect and tracking, great for uncovering and marking other stealthers at fel idocs, it's fun to eliminate some competition by revealing them for someone else to kill. Loot them both with stealing if you spot something good but people rarely bring good stuff to idocs.

Other characters
You can always bring in your "other" characters if you must fight something but if you haven't tried it yet I definitely recommend building a no-fight character as well, they cause more mayhem than fighters sometimes.

*note* when doing tmaps or dungeon runs to kill off time between idocs I recommend TMs claw scripts, most items in chests are junk and it's a huge timesaver.

*BONUS*
if you're going to do your fishing tmaps quick and dirty for max time efficiency(hiding, leaving junk behind etc) then by all means build out a full luck suit!  Wait, what? Full luck on a character that doesn't kill anything? Yes sir - http://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/player/stats/luck/    Shhhhh! Suit building is much easier when you don't have to worry about pesky fighting stats, full luck/resists/defence/regen is easy without offensive stuff.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 11:18:06 PM by Gemviper »

Tags: