Author Topic: So I started this new taming script...  (Read 6154 times)

Offline OMGBurgersTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
So I started this new taming script...
« on: July 24, 2008, 01:28:28 AM »
I wanted to make it badass, well I have one screen completely done & functional!  I think this was more so the harder part IMO lol.

The screenshot at the bottom shows the rail options/creation screen.  Basically when you enter the rail options it loads up all saved rails in that combo box.  You can then choose one to delete it, create a new rail, or restore default rails (If you deleted them).  If you deleted a default rail and hit the restore button it will just cycle through all the default rails, check if they exist, if not then add them back in.

If you choose to create a rail you punch in the rail name first, then you click set waypoint to create the "start" location.  After that as you walk the two distances will change from green/red (Greed-valid, red-invalid).  If it is valid you hit set waypoint again.  If it is close enough to the first waypoint it will ask if you want to make it the final waypoint (Then you have a completed rail that is loopable).  If you choose no it makes it a standard waypoint and you continue creating it (I guess if you want to make a figure 8 lol?).  If you choose to close it it saves, hides the rail creater part, refreshes the list, and you can remove it if you dont want it for some reason, create another, or go back to main menu.

My goal with this script is to basically make it fully customizable for training animal taming.  The user isn't really limited to just want the script already has & can create more rails, more animals (Will have ability to edit the animal database) along with custom routines for killing the animals (meele/archery, magery, necromancy etc.) & custom healing routines (Bandages, magery, spiritspeak, chivalry).

So far it is a pretty fun project, I hope I feel like completing it :X

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
autotamer.jpg

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: So I started this new taming script...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 07:19:00 AM »
Wow, that'll be a crazy script when you start applying meat to it.  I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 10:08:23 AM »
That sounds quite in depth!  I'd be game for playing with it that is for sure :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 10:21:20 AM »
I'm just jazzed because I don't have to finish my taming script now.  HURRAY!!!
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 03:37:07 PM »
Well I went a lil crazy and coded most of it & ran it to test it shortly before going out.

Rail editor is mostly done & functional.  I'm sure it may not the the greatest ever created (lol), but it works with relative ease imo.
Creature database is done & functional, very compact.  You can add, remove or edit creatures.
I had a seperate options menu, but it was quite small & I woulda had to load/set all the options twice if I made it two times, so I made the 'general' options on the main interface.
I thought about creating advanted kill methods & healing methods, but I didn't see too much of a benefit for that except to try to make things fancy, or possibly more confusing to some lol. So I added in the following methods...
Kill methods:  Harm, Fireball, Lightning, EBolt, Flamestrike (If you want to try your luck with magery gains while training lol), poison strike, Meele/Archery.
Heal methods: GHeal, Spirit Speak (Makes you pause 10s before being able to tame... boo), Close wounds, Confidence or bandages (4-11s heals).

I would like to add in the gift of renewel I think SW spell & killing the tames w/ a mounted pet (Like a mare/frenzy/cu'), but those are easy additions, just things I didn't think of.

It scans the journal using the #jindex for any messages about your equipment being damaged.  If you have it set to stop on damaged equipment it will just halt & stop.

You can set a taming/lore skill to stop scripting at.  I just set mine like 9999 for now lol.  I guess if I ever get close to being complete I will set it correctly before bed so it don't tame all night needlessly :P

Logs the following statistics (Current/lifetime):  Attempts, Taming Gains, Lore Gains, Run time.

I like it a lot so far.  I did cheat and buy a advanted token because I'm impatient & had gold to spare, but I know there will be a time when I or my friends will need to do a lot of training, and it will be nice to have everything 100% done without using the chopped up script I wrote before lol.  It was like 3 seperate scripts, and most of my friends didn't know how to run three at once... lol.  Don't ask why it was make into 3 scripts to do one thing before, I don't understand what I was thinking myself.  I musta coded it like a LONG time ago haha.

I'm currently 89 taming, I'm going to run it until about 94 which is where I cap at because of control chances for pvp and my jewelry.  But once I find better jewelry to replace my current, I will be running it again to around 108.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 03:45:08 PM »
Here's screenshots of the menus generally blank.  I reset the statistics like 900 times cause I made a few spelling mistakes in the code the kept track of it and it kept adding up all crazy lol.

I also took a few shortcuts on the run time (Only shows in minutes) and I would like to make it show hours & minutes, but figured this worked for now haha.

Any suggestions are welcome.  I would like to add in more options but I'm not sure what.  I suppose something to detect other players and halt/recall would be good, since that's what my old one did so I could start it each night I slept.

I'm also not sure about the main menu, I may redo it heh.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
autotamer2.jpg

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 08:44:50 PM »
Wow, this is going to be one helluva script!
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: