Author Topic: Movement with cancelation.  (Read 7536 times)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Movement with cancelation.
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 07:20:28 AM »
Didnt read eaverything above .. but my tamer does something like that heres a stripped out to basics version

Sub Moveit  ; Timeout , Movetox , Movetoy, Movetoz
  Set !TimeOut ( #scnt  + %1 )
  Repeat
     event pathfind %2 %3 %4
     For !x 1 10
        gosub  Checkforwhatever  ; Warning changing values of %2-4 will affect movement

set !Moved  ( #CharPosX = %2 && #CharPosY = %3)
  Until !Moved || !TimeOut < #scnt
Return !Moved
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Hardyz

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Hardyz has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Movement with cancelation.
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 05:42:18 PM »
I just like the use of pathfinding a small bit at a time then checking.  That is what i do for some of my personal scripts.  I don't see why you wouldn't do just that unless you just don't want to list that many rails.  If that is the case then I create a method that will take one location and break it down into subsections automatically.  But on those I have to account for the fact if that path cannot be walked

Tags: