Author Topic: Moving items  (Read 9177 times)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Moving items
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 09:14:37 AM »
Ya, as long as you don't have to refer to it again, you can leave it ignored.  Just remember that you will have to reset your ignore list at some time.  It's always annoying to forget this and then you wonder why you can't find anything...  lol, I do it all the time... :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline talkmillTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • talkmill has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 09:59:08 AM »
Yeah thats true.

If you are just moving to another container you could check the target container for the item to see if the move was successfull, if you move to a bood book or a stack or something you should be able to check if the number of bods/in stack increased. Seems like to much work and special cases to be needed though.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 10:09:57 AM »
No that's a good idea.  There's been a couple scripts I've written where I wanted ULTRA reliability, so I have done exactly as you suggest.  Works good and really doesn't take much more time.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cstalker

• Google Slut
  • ScriptUO Beta Tester
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cstalker has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 04:58:31 PM »
I havent seen ghosting in a long time. I use to get it when I put the wait between the exevent drag and evevent dropc command. I talk with Snicker7 a lot and it was him that got me off of useing that exta wait. Ever since then all has been ok. I run at a avarage 90 ping and do bods non stop and run a leather farming script at the same time and dont have any ghosting issues.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 05:04:22 PM »
got me off of useing that exta wait.

How do you normally do your exevent stuff then?  I'm interested in your findings.  I'm wondering if there's different ways to handle it for where your target container/object might be.  For the quester, the only way to handle it was to wait a tad more because we were dragging out of a pack instead of dropping into a pack.  Would be nice to determine the parameters and the best methods.

We had to come up with something that's reliable for the quester because literally 100s of people are using that one and I personally didn't want to be handing constant, "Your script sucks" messages.  lol.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cstalker

• Google Slut
  • ScriptUO Beta Tester
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cstalker has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 08:12:06 PM »
The main question is are you playing on the pay shards or a runuo shard? I have heard that EA has added in event delays and that may be a problem. This is my typcial code for loot searching

Code: [Select]
;---------------------------------
; %1 pack to search
; %2 pack to move to
;---------------------------------
sub search_bag
  Finditem * C_ , %1
  If #findkind = 0
  {
    For %moveloop 1 #findcnt
    {
      Finditem %loot C_ , %1
      If #findkind = 0
      {
        exevent drag #findid #findstack
        exevent dropc %2
        WAIT %MSwait
        set %attempt %attempt + 1
        If %attempt > 3
        {
          for %S 1 10
          {
            Sound
            Event sysmessage The packie is full
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }
  set %attempt 0
return

On runuo there is no delay when picking up an item and droping it. There is a delay after words and normaly i can get away with a wait 9. When i do scripts for guildies i have to up that to 12 to 15 most of the time. Guess i am just blessed with a good connection. :)

I gave up on EA for all their anti scripting attempts. Its nice being to script with full support of the staff :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 12:18:19 AM »
Ah yes, there is that.  Unfortunately, all my scripts are made to first work on EA/OSI.  If they happen to work on a free shard, then marvy. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: