Author Topic: My beetle lumberjacker is coming soon.  (Read 5636 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
My beetle lumberjacker is coming soon.
« on: June 14, 2008, 11:33:12 AM »
I've finally decided to post this.  I've been able to keep my heartwood addiction fully fed with this script.  Generally I can get 12K/hr boards with it in trammel and nearly 20K/hr in fel, so it's uber fast.  It keeps track of the progress of each individual tree it chops, and will tell you when a tree changes its resource kind.  It will also track this change from day to day, so you can watch resource spawns change.  At one time I was experimenting by not chopping the final resource from a tree with the hopes of "promoting" the trees I chopped, but that was just a hollow dream.  This version does that if you want to play with the feature.

But anyhow, I do have to do a bit of clean up of the code, so I'll be posting it soon.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 11:11:40 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: My beetle lumberjacker is coming soon.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 07:59:35 AM »
Would this mean, I could almost abandoned my adopted script? Lots to do, so little time, if I didn't actually have to work at work.

Offline Knight

• Activity:
    0%
  • Knight has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 08:55:06 AM »
cant wait to see how this script will work.. if you need testing let me know

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 10:39:55 AM »
Well I do have a bit to do yet with this one.  The setup routine is borked, but should be easily fixable.  I haven't wanted to post it just because I liked the anonymity of having a really good lumberjacking script that doesn't look/act like everyone else.  When I release this one, you'll see 100s of blue beetles in the forest aside their masters as they whack away.

So I don't think you're off the hook with your project.  That one has way more features for survival in the wilds.  Mine has no protection from creatures, players, etc.  It just chops, beetles, banks, secures, gathers data, tinkers, logs out.

It's all kinda relative now.  I have lots of RL stuff going on and I just haven't had time to do much scripting or SUO mods.  For the next 2 weeks, my spare time will be limited.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 06:50:17 PM »
Understood. I guess I should post up the one I have somewhere for people that want it. Or might post in private sections. There was one person trying to post problems with it, but never gave me enough info, think it was lag issues more, not sure if i want to post it  :)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 08:30:35 PM »
Understood. I guess I should post up the one I have somewhere for people that want it. Or might post in private sections. There was one person trying to post problems with it, but never gave me enough info, think it was lag issues more, not sure if i want to post it  :)

"dude, your skripz suk.  Whenya good be fix'en it!!!"

Yeh, really useful feedback.  heh.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 04:22:28 AM »

"dude, your skripz suk.  Whenya good be fix'en it!!!"

Yeh, really useful feedback.  heh.

Hey don't be makin' fun of my cousin/brother/uncle/father/grand daddy.  he's a good man. ;)
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline demonicwolf9

• Activity:
    0%
  • demonicwolf9 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 05:21:24 AM »
cant wait for it to come out

Tags: