Author Topic: Question about Python tile functions  (Read 3878 times)

Offline slyoneTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • slyone has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Question about Python tile functions
« on: January 19, 2014, 07:35:07 PM »
I read a couple posts about getting started with Stealth and they talked about writing a mining script as a start.  I set out to try and write a simple mining script using Python.  I found a couple examples in the Stealth forum which gave me something to start with.  But when I started testing my script, I noticed that all of my calls to functions referencing tile info were returning empty.  Then I took a look at Boydon's Python wrapper and saw the in the comments at the top:

Code: [Select]
# TO DO LIST:
# Tile wrapping is not complete yet. DO NOT USE THEM!

I take it that this comment goes for not only the wrapper but also the embedded Python in the Script.dll.  Anyone know if this is true?  If the tile functions are still in development then I'd definitely be interested in helping in any way I can.

Thanks,
S
Started playing back at the Second Age

Offline Boydon

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Boydon has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Python tile functions
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 08:48:59 AM »
In standard embedded Python tile functions are fully working, if not please let me know and I will check it.
The same apply to the wrapper, that comment is not there if you get the latest version all the tile goodies are working fine. ;)
Member of the Stealth development team.

Offline slyoneTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • slyone has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Python tile functions
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 07:04:22 PM »
In standard embedded Python tile functions are fully working, if not please let me know and I will check it.
The same apply to the wrapper, that comment is not there if you get the latest version all the tile goodies are working fine. ;)

Thanks for the reply.  I'll make sure I'm using the latest rev.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong in my code.
Started playing back at the Second Age

Tags: