Author Topic: External Journal window w/filter  (Read 1617 times)

Offline KawTopic starter

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kaw has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
External Journal window w/filter
« on: June 09, 2013, 03:27:33 PM »
Hi all,
 Just found this site and excited about it as a resource.

I've looked though what is posted her and don't see what I've been looking for either in EUO or OpenEUO. and that is an external journal window(plain text) that has filtering and possibly logging to file that work with a RunUO server.  I can't imagine that someone hasn't done this but also could see where they might not think it was a big deal and not post it.  It is a big deal to me!

We'd like to establish a live player auction on the free shard I play and really want this sort of journal logging ability to be the final arbitrator on close bids and amounts being bid.

One of the guys on our shard wrote one in EUO but it does command windows that contently pop up and interrupt the auctioneer's texting ability. This of course is death to a live auction.  So wanted to post here and see if someone maybe had something that they might want to share and/or get some pointers on doing something like this on my own.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Kaw

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: External Journal window w/filter
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 04:15:42 PM »
Thoughts?
Sure. Dunno if you will like them.

First thought is to take yourself over to our New Member introduction thread. Take the time to read the examples of what constitutes a good intro post and give us a good introduction to you. Until that time you can count on us to ignore any requests you make. Not trying to be a jerk but that is the way this site works.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L.