Author Topic: Vendor Search script, does one exist?  (Read 14873 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Vendor Search script, does one exist?
« on: November 20, 2014, 07:17:43 AM »
+1
I monitor vendor search occasionally for specific items on my "wish list" but this is becoming tedious as my list grows and so a script is in order! I did find a lot of scripts designed to check vendors but none that actually perform searches on UO's vendor search gump, did I miss one if it exists?

3rd party sites like searchUO help in finding some items but not as well as vendor search could because searchuo is limited by the fact they don't monitor ALL vendors and don't update as quickly.

If you know of an actual vendor search script that I can feed a list of items I am looking for into I'd be grateful if you could point me to it. Thanks.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: Vendor Search script, does one exist?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 07:58:37 AM »
+1
I monitor vendor search occasionally for specific items on my "wish list" but this is becoming tedious as my list grows and so a script is in order! I did find a lot of scripts designed to check vendors but none that actually perform searches on UO's vendor search gump, did I miss one if it exists?

3rd party sites like searchUO help in finding some items but not as well as vendor search could because searchuo is limited by the fact they don't monitor ALL vendors and don't update as quickly.

If you know of an actual vendor search script that I can feed a list of items I am looking for into I'd be grateful if you could point me to it. Thanks.
Doesnt SearchUO just use some Bots to check vendor belongings?

I havnt seen that gump but i prolly know it would be easyier to parse via Stealth then easyuo.

You may show me a screenshot and i may have an idea via stealth ;-)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 09:01:33 AM »
+1
Yes, I think searchuo just uses bots to go around looking into packs. It covers all of Luna as well as some vendors outside of Luna. I wouldn't be surprised if searchuo is omiting known rares however since they want to get/sell/collect those themselves. If you search atlantic's vendor search for "catskills" for example you see a bunch of catskills EM event items but searchuo does not show you these items.

Anyway, right now I've got a wishlist of items in notepad++ and am manually using UO's "vendor search" to check them each one by one. Items like a "secret chest" are rarely on a vendor so if one shows up I want to know as fast as possible. That chest is from an Asian shard event and so isn't common on Atlantic(it allows 500 items to be stored in it, not 125).

So there isn't a search script that works with the default UO "vendor search" feature? I really don't want to wander around from vendor to vendor with a script since the vendor search feature already has that info.

I don't have a screenshot, just an idea, a script to run through a list of items I am looking for to tell me if yes/no the item was found. Since I'm going to use it to search for rares a simple found yes/no is enough since there won't ever be a lot of them.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 09:03:55 AM by Gemviper »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 07:45:07 PM »
+1
Ive been off for a while so how do you activate the "vender search"  ??
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 09:14:01 PM »
+1
context menu

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 12:14:04 AM »
+1
If someone can lend me an account, i could try to check it with stealth and look if i find a simple way to parse it.

This also could be via Teamviewer and a Stealth client located at the owners place.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 01:39:03 AM »
+1
So i had a chance to check the Vendor Search out via Stealth. Thanks to a Contributor...

I must say the Broadsword Devs should be fired.

Gump Sniffer Information as Attachment...

Now comes the Data Analysis :
- All ResizePics are stupid.They used to DRAW the Whole Gump Background with single sized Pixels instead of using the Background Component. This a) Increase the amount of Data to handle for Client and b) is the worst way of designing a Gump.
- The Container Type for Stealth is $F3EC8. With this you can staticly decide if Gump is Open and attach to object.
- The ReplyID for Start a Search is 1
- The ReplyID for clear a Search is 2
- You can Access to all Fields of the Gump. You dont need to click ANY single Button to access to informations
- The ReplyID for Sort from Low to High is 234
- The ReplyID for Sort from High to Low is 235
- I hadnt looked but guessed the Enties are generic added. With 10 Minutes Math you could point out an object Type for all Content.
- The Offset for the First Search Selection is 1235. Based by the Generic Design you could parse the Text behind very easy.
- The Generic Type for the Queue Gump is $F3ECB. With this information you could "wait for results"
- The Generic Type for the Results Gump is $F3EC9. Based on the Design it should be very easy to read out the informtions. Against the SearchGump, the Resultgump is properly written(lol) You need to parse 1 Page then flip page and reparse next. Little bit time consuming but nothing to worry.
- Now comes the real fun : The Vendor Map is coded as TreasureMap. This can be easy parsed to waypoints via Stealth Events. Means if you write a Recall to a Moongate. a World Changer Code for changing moongate, you could walk via code to any spot and auto buy the item....

I guess a dataparsing of this Feature would take a good dev ~ 2-3 hours to get a stable version in stealth. Including the Map Parsing and all else you could solve this in 4-5 hours with testing maybe 8 hours of efforts...

For Runuo Devs who like to clone the Gump : Use AddBackground with the GumpID 30546 instead of drawing hundres of resizeable pictures..

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Gump Data.txt
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:41:23 AM by Crome969 »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 10:42:20 AM »
+1
Holy Data Analysis Batman!

Actually that gump info is pretty useful.  The CLAw needs a bit of a refreshing on the attributes it looks for by default.  Thanks for it!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 10:54:27 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 11:03:31 AM »
+1
Holy Data Analysis Batman!

Actually that gump info is pretty useful.  The CLAw needs a bit of a refreshing on the attributes it looks for by default.  Thanks for it!

Sure thing..lol.
I currently writing a Delphi API Extension and i may write up a module for this stupid Query Gump to handle it. Who knows ;)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 11:11:40 AM »
+1
I just started playing around with the gump stuff for the wrapper btw.  Progress is slow now that most of the low-hanging fruit is gobbled up.  :(
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 12:25:07 PM »
+1

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 08:29:07 PM »
+1
I know this thread is a year old but I started it then and I find myself needing it again, I loathe vendor searches as they are now. I'd really like to check a list of items to see if any are for sale but manually typing them out becomes a huge pain with 50+ items on the list.

I noticed that copy/paste from a text file works, which speeds it up just a little, but not much :)

Did a working script ever get posted to check vendor search against a list of "most wanted" items? Oh and yes I have used sites like SearchUO but find them to be problematic at times since they seem to only search luna and a lot of the time don't display Items at all that I know are on a vendor.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 08:31:25 PM by Gemviper »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 05:22:22 AM »
+1
Although this would be immensely easier in stealth... it shouldn't be hard in EUO either

Psuedo code...

Code: [Select]
set PRice: low to high
define list of search phrases
For x=1 to total-search-phrases
    {
     paste in search phrase click submit
     wait x time of for gump to change (wait gumpsize 414_214 - result gump size 780_570 )
     if gump = initial search size
           nothing found
     if gump = result size  500_550
          ORC the first price position  
          If price less than desired price  get map
     }
display I found X items with lower price...

On review this is pathetically easy to write in EUO.    Glemviper  this would make an excellent script to learn how to script ... then you will have the power to make what you want... the community would help when you get stuck.... ...

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 05:31:22 AM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015, 06:14:06 AM »
+1
Considering how messed up SearchUO has been lately you would definitely be onto something spectacular if you could eliminate the need for relying on them :D
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2015, 06:19:45 AM »
+1
I know this thread is a year old but I started it then and I find myself needing it again, I loathe vendor searches as they are now. I'd really like to check a list of items to see if any are for sale but manually typing them out becomes a huge pain with 50+ items on the list.

I noticed that copy/paste from a text file works, which speeds it up just a little, but not much :)

Did a working script ever get posted to check vendor search against a list of "most wanted" items? Oh and yes I have used sites like SearchUO but find them to be problematic at times since they seem to only search luna and a lot of the time don't display Items at all that I know are on a vendor.

If there is a particular interest on doing automated Searchs I could write something in c# with Stealth where you have a subform for queries and import\export them and then execute queries.

Tags: