Author Topic: Rune Marking Script and Idea  (Read 2974 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Rune Marking Script and Idea
« on: September 30, 2015, 07:29:41 AM »
Hey fellow scripties,

I came looking for a rune marking script to mark a bunch of runes to my shop but alas, I found none. If I missed one could you point me in the right direction? If I didn't because none really exists yet... well that's a problem that needs fixing and I might write it up myself! (eventually, not as much play time as I'd like).

What it should do
Ideally I would simply buy a bunch of blank runes, mark them in my shop and drop them in a bag when marked so they are ready to hand out.

Best Use: I've been searching for Idocs using TMs locator script and it dawned on me that I should be dropping a rune to my shop in the mailboxes I pass, it's better than dropping them all over the ground. Also, I do mean marking IN my shop, not out front of it. If you mark a rune INSIDE your shop it automatically puts the name of your shop on the rune and, the best part, it makes that name permanent on the rune so people don't just remark/rename it. Well, they can remark it if they like but can't change the name after :)

*tip* Change the house name to be whatever you want written on the rune before marking, advertise rares etc, and change it back after. Also, set up a Steward in your house and name it "Ask For A RUNE" or some other suggestive name so that it hands out a rune if anyone says rune(or whatever word you use). Stewards double as mannequins so at least one is worth having just so that it hands out runes.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 07:33:31 AM by Gemviper »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Rune Marking Script and Idea
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 08:55:16 AM »
Rune marking is an easy script to write.. i am pretty sure all the code is in my librarys aready.   

but here is an outline

Code: [Select]
finditem  <runetype>  c_, #backpackid
if #findcnt > 0
   {
   for #findindex 1 #findcnt
     {
      ; event macro  ?     ?    ; Cast the mark spell
      ; target the rune  #findid
      ; Move #findid to %dropbagid
     }
   }
halt
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 01:01:36 AM »
Thanks Endless Night, your example gave me some ideas for a fel side runebook rail marking script. I'd like to mark runes near housing areas, run through them on a rail and mark a rune if an idoc is found then recall to the next area. I just feel it would take too long to run the entire map each time when houses are clumped in areas with a lot of trees in between in many places. I could also write/fix any rail problems in sections.

Does something like that exist already before I spend time working on it? I don't see anything being used for rune to rail idoc purposes but some resource gathering scripts come close.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 06:16:57 AM »
Thanks Endless Night, your example gave me some ideas for a fel side runebook rail marking script. I'd like to mark runes near housing areas, run through them on a rail and mark a rune if an idoc is found then recall to the next area. I just feel it would take too long to run the entire map each time when houses are clumped in areas with a lot of trees in between in many places. I could also write/fix any rail problems in sections.

Does something like that exist already before I spend time working on it? I don't see anything being used for rune to rail idoc purposes but some resource gathering scripts come close.

Yes its been done before .. to varying degrees of success.   But you will not find it anywhere scripts like that tend to be closely guarded as they require alot of work to create and can be very profitable and thus tend not to be shared.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 11:35:30 AM »
Yeah I've gotten used to that, if I know it's possible I don't mind trying to figure it out on my own. I just don't particularly want to work on something that is ultimately not possible and to find that out the hard way  :o

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 09:50:50 PM »
We got off topic there, I solved my runebook/rail script and can check an entire shard extremely quickly now but prefer to keep that to myself since I'm not Elite or likely to find better for now.

As for the topic of this thread, I decided not to re-write the wheel so to speak and instead re-purposed an awesome script - http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=165421

After making a few changes it marks runes where I stand and drops them into a runebook without recalling anywhere, I just needed to create one full runebook of shop runes to get started. I like this approach better for creating shop runes to hand out because when in a book the runes are automatically blessed and only take one spot in my bag, no need to insure them etc.

When I need one I can just pop one out, now if only I can get my personal recall/rail idoc checker to stop and pathfind to mailboxes when it sees them to drop off a shop rune... might be a bit overkill though :)

Tags: