Author Topic: House Placement Script - Looking for  (Read 10745 times)

Offline rickjames00Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • rickjames00 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
House Placement Script - Looking for
« on: May 01, 2009, 09:37:33 AM »
Hello all!!

I am new to the scriptuo community and i was wondering if there is a script out there or if anyone has a script that will try to place a house of your choice and keep trying on every tile until its either placed or after its checked every tile and the home cant be placed the script stops.
I have seen the IDOC scripts and tried those out but they seem to only try and place the house once and not over and over again and they dont fail safe check for the tiles.
If anyone knows of anything out there that might help please let me know.  Or if u need further clarification on what im talking about please message me.

Thank You!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: House Placement Script - Looking for
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 09:42:43 AM »
I have a couple:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?board=22.0

With the recent placement changes, they might not work very well on OSI because of the placement timer.  I haven't had much time to go back and determine if they'll still work.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 09:58:10 AM »
TM,

Thanks for your quick reply i have tried all those so far with no luck.  the smart and repeating one is the one i had high hopes for but it just keeps opening the placement tool and gumps to the house u wanna place and u gotta try and do it yourself.  i was looking for one that will try to place it and keep trying to place the house automatically for you on each tile.
so basically i can just stand there start the script and it will do all the work for me after i select the house type i wanna place.  i was able to find one that will do it but only for the 7x7 house type and i have no clue how to script or change it to the house type i want.  seems to be the best one i could find but it doesnt allow for any other type or size of house so its not helping me any :P
here is the script i found at easyuo.com maybe someone can take a look at it and help me out or point me in the right direction.  i am looking to place a small keep.  i think i found the spot for it, but not able to find the right tile to place it on.  so i just wanna know if it can be done or not so im not sitting there for hours "hehe like i have been" trying to get the house to sit.
any help will be appreciated!!
Thanks in advance

[modbreak]Please don't post code from other.  Thanks. TM (post a link instead)[/modbreak]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 10:02:45 AM by TrailMyx »

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:04:40 AM »
The smart repeating one you do have to try and place where you want once to calibrate where you will be clicking.  However with the changes to placement, I'm not sure how it will be handled.  I may have to hopp onto Test Center to play with it.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 10:10:27 AM »
hehe sorry about that i should of known better!!! my bad
here is the link to the script that i found over at easyuo.com
maybe someone can take a look at it and point me in the right direction on how to make it select a small keep instead of the 7x7 it only chooses.
Thank you
http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=73330&sid=55589f95c63df9cf79f9a8e9b6ae0cab

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 09:57:58 AM »
Really there isn't any script out there that will do what you are looking for, that is easier done by hand as the human is much more intuiatve to play with house sizes and everything like that.

TM....last time I Played around with the repeating script it was giving me some sort of error as it was failing with the gump, not sure what exactly it was as it was a while ago but it was after the IDOC changes.  I always used your simple placer anyways, now of course you gotta do it all by hand :(

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 03:19:41 PM »
BTW, I have a new one I'm working on.  It's specific to EA/OSI however.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 04:50:45 AM »
I hope it's OK to reply to this older thread too, it comes up #1 in Google for the subject. Better to continue than to create duplicate threads?

Anyway, I was just at a small keep idoc on OSI. I clicked on my tool to place a 7x7 manually and got the message that housing was not allowed yet and then no more than 1.5-2 seconds later *poof*, 6-7 smalls popped up all at the same time, and I mean the SAME time... after a 45 min wait that's impressive.

And it's also a script, but where is this script? I googled it and...   here I am. :o

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 05:54:35 AM »
most be a private script,  with the new change of IDOC, we have to wait before we can place a new house after it fall.  If you try to place to often, your tool will stop working.  You need a 12 sec( not 100% of the delay)  delay between each try.   Most of the IDOCer run multiple account ( sometime 6 to 10) to beat the time and once one toon get the msg you can place a house, it send acros all the account to drop a house.   I see it in Luna a while back.  I since give up on IDOC.  I'm happy with my house location and the Pixel I own :)

Tags: