Author Topic: Fishing up SOS'S  (Read 4447 times)

Offline KandieTopic starter

• Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Kandie has no influence.
  • a.k.a "Granny"
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
Fishing up SOS'S
« on: August 19, 2018, 11:25:54 AM »
Can someone plz plz plz fix this script, 
SOS Master (alpha) version 3.0 by Kal In Ex (Approved Script)   
useful script for SOS  its on easyuo, under fishing.
its been abandoned and is broken, I use it all the time but not doesn't work.
I love fishing but if this doesn't work guess I won't fish anymore :(
So am hoping someone can fix it for me......Thx

Offline ErwinEUO

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ErwinEUO has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing up SOS'S
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 02:39:22 PM »
I posted a fixed version back in November, it should work...whats the issue?

Offline the surface

• Activity:
    0%
  • the surface has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 10:24:20 AM »
What's the Link ErwinEUO?

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023, 04:28:26 PM »
You can try this link

http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11099&start=690#p434009
; P 47
;==================================
; Script Name: SOS Master (alpha)
; Author: Kal In Ex, Gaderian (PandoraUO mods), others
; Version: 4.3g

Offline the surface

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2023, 08:51:21 AM »
Im taking it upon myself to try and get this work on a free shard. Plotting the dots has been the goal before I see if the boat logic still works....Currently using the RunUO option. Since it pulls the SOS up by the number and counts them down its just not transferring the coordinates successfully into plotted dots. I have read the entire thread with the updates without much luck trying to figure it out. Embarrassing to say its been days looking it so if someone knows much better than I would appreciate it. If I get it to work Ill post my fixes. Cheers!

Update -- My issue is I was running Ultima Online with my Mac through Wine. It seemed like I got nowhere with the plotting. As soon as I spun up a virtual system windows7 same version of EasyUO...and it plots! Now the plotting doesn't look quite right so im going to see if I can adjust from set !offsetx !contposx + 27

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Screen Shot 2023-09-01 at 11.47.04 AM.png
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 10:03:19 AM by the surface »

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2023, 02:24:07 PM »
I would be curious what version of the script you are trying to use.
I definitely fixed everything with it after the EasyUO updates which changed the menu code.
I have it working on many freeshards and the production servers as well.

There are many reasons why it may not work. You need a valid version of the script though to handle the gump when the SOS is opened. OSI/Production, RunUO2.0, ServUO (versions 57.x and 58) have all been working for me, but the gump can be different.

Plotting the dots is independent of being able to sail to the proper location. The data is stored that gives the coordinates of the map location. Your person has to be on the map location and then can fish it up from anywhere around it. The important part is that your specific tile location match the MIB/SOS location. Which direction around you doesn't matter when fishing.

Is it plotting points for your maps?
The script will calculate the location based on approximately 4 quadrants: NW, NE, SW and SE (it is a little weird at the right most edge of the map, because you end up with NW and SW crossing over to the far right). There is an issue where some of the gumps have the map location within the text of the SOS, while others have it fixed on the SOS gump. Then there is an issue where some gumps always have some additional text and seem to force all maps to be pinned either North or South (I forget, but I suspect it is plotted and calculated as North) which leaves some correct and others wrong.

Maybe you would like to share which freeshard and a description of what is happening?
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline the surface

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing up SOS\'S
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2023, 04:43:47 AM »
Hey Gaderian!

Im using
 ; Script Name: SOS Master (alpha)
; Author: Kal In Ex, Gaderian (PandoraUO mods), others
; Version: 4.3h

After going to a windows OS. Ive set %sosSize 350_340 to match and it does attempt to plot the points. It sailed there successfully (well somewhat I took on some water elemental hitchhikers -- terrible company) and it got to the dot. The only issue is the dot that was plotted what looks like successfully and accurate, but on Automap and the coordinates are off. The shard is uo renaissance

Boat hold when facing West ZUX
Boat hold when facing North UVX
Boat hold when facing East ZNX
Boat hold when facing LWX

Post Merge: September 02, 2023, 05:17:08 AM
When I sailed to the correct coordinates it looks like this on the script (second picture).

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Screen Shot 2023-09-02 at 8.05.06 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-09-02 at 8.16.01 AM.png
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 05:21:34 AM by the surface »

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2023, 08:51:39 PM »
So your pics look like the display of your boat position is 1 pixel too far left.

In any case, it seems to be cosmetic. The calculation for where to sail to is done in tile locations on the map. It translates the map degree locations into absolute tile number locations (seen as your #CHARPOSX and #CHARPOSY values). If your server is doing something different with the map degree locations and is off by a tile position, then sailing to the marked location and fishing off the side of the boat will miss the SOS (You would fish up fish and not the pre-chest loot or the chest...).

If it is after 'sail[ing] to marked' location and fishing retrieves the chest, then it is simply the display of the dot for your boat. If this is the case, then adding 1 to the display of the dot that indicates your boat looks like it would be correct.

When the menu commands changed, the alignment of the graphics changed by 5 or 10 pixels (I do not remember which...) and I probably missed the count and adjustment.

"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline the surface

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2023, 03:38:27 AM »
Yes when I found the SOS it was in the second image closer to 3 than 1 off by a little bit. I fished it up manually and confirmed the coordinates on UOAM and attached it as the second photo. Sorry for any confusion.

Tags: