Author Topic: Heya all!  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Alex MarsTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Alex Mars has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Heya all!
« on: April 30, 2012, 08:46:00 AM »
As 12TimesOver pointed already out, one can post here without introduction, but that thread gets locked.  ;D Well, I'm a technician irl and as you all know, we never read any instructions, operating manuals, user's guide and such things. We just do it. Sooo... I'm sorry if I made a mistake here and will try to introduce myself now.

Playing UO since the very beginning, not beta, but joined as soon as atl opened. I still remember my phone bills from that time, uhoh, really over the hill. After AoS I left the original for a freeshard. I still maintain one OSI acccount, but I rarely log into my old shards. The old friends are long gone anyway. :(

Over the years interests change, for me it was pvm, pvp, and is now rp (on freeshard). Strange enough, the few hours on OSI shards I dont really play, I test several scripts, snippets and such. More fun for me.

Currently dabbling with LUA, new thing for me. OEUO looks promising so far, we'll see.

I'm well over 40 (sshhh!) and work as maintenance technician for ndustrial robots.

And as you may have already noticed: English isn't my first language, not even the second. So if you find any spelling errors, you may keep them :P

So, thats enough boring stuff from me, back to UO. Public holiday tomorrow here, and hopefully enough time to test some things out.

Bye for now,
Alex

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Heya all!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:59:36 AM »
Thanks for the intro..there are a LOT of us over 40! Restricted status lifted...enjoy!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 09:04:35 AM »
Nicely done, thanks for following up ;)

I'll head on over and get that thread unlocked for ya!

Welcome to ScriptUO.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cooms

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cooms has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 09:16:54 AM »
Welcome!!!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 11:12:59 AM »
As 12x^ has already stated there are a lot of us that are over 40, but welcome to the site. Where are you from if english is not your first language?

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 01:04:11 PM »
Welcome !!!  if you need help with anything please let me know!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 01:13:49 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Alex MarsTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Alex Mars has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 12:18:09 PM »
As 12x^ has already stated there are a lot of us that are over 40, but welcome to the site. Where are you from if english is not your first language?

Austria, Masscre. Alps, to be exact.

Post Merge: May 01, 2012, 12:24:45 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome! Good to see that many people have kept their passion for that old gem uo over the years!

Alex
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 12:24:45 PM by Alex Mars »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 12:34:59 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome! Good to see that many people have kept their passion for that old gem uo over the years!

At least our little nefarious spin on UO anyhow.  ;-)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: