Author Topic: beginning fishing  (Read 15332 times)

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
beginning fishing
« on: August 22, 2008, 02:14:20 AM »
what the best way to train fishing?
I started at 0 ;(
I started fishing out in the ocean I got up to 25 points then it died.....
I read on uoguide that I can only fish in shallow water until I hit 75 real skill.
any scripts out there that walk me along the shore line and fish?

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: beginning fishing
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 04:49:39 AM »
Ive tried a few on Easyuo but all seemed not to work for me thou :( So i basically did it manually up to 65 skill. Then go to the serverline, train it there using TM's fisherman. Once u reach 80 skill u could think of going into deep water to train. But its a pain to do it manually from 30-65 believe me. I did it in two days, but its annoying as hell. But once u gm, oh my god, sweet sweet TM heaven ;)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 09:48:53 AM »
It's been a little time since I've trained a newb fisher on OSI, but can't you do serverline training anytime upto 70ish?  It's just like standing on a dock, just need to be sure to place your boat so a random elemental or serpent won't find you.  Flipper is fine.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 11:13:44 AM »
I believe you are correct TM, last time I did it was the same thing. I've never used a script for training fishing in fact, always done it with a UOA/Razor macro down in "8x8 alley" off Moonglow or 4x4 off Magincia docs.

Used to be that you could hire a NPC, tell it to guard you, and deep water fish off the Mag docs. Anytime an aggro popped up the NPC would guardwhack it and the SOS's ended up at your feet. They've since changed it to shallow water and, as I mentioned above, you can 4x4 off it at a few spots so, set it and forget it! Go to bed, be 70 in the morning.

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 11:37:49 AM »
I believe you are correct TM, last time I did it was the same thing. I've never used a script for training fishing in fact, always done it with a UOA/Razor macro down in "8x8 alley" off Moonglow or 4x4 off Magincia docs.

Used to be that you could hire a NPC, tell it to guard you, and deep water fish off the Mag docs. Anytime an aggro popped up the NPC would guardwhack it and the SOS's ended up at your feet. They've since changed it to shallow water and, as I mentioned above, you can 4x4 off it at a few spots so, set it and forget it! Go to bed, be 70 in the morning.

Oh lol, didn't know about the NPC thing.  That's hilarious.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 02:41:01 PM »
ok so fishing at a serverline will act like I'm fishing in shallow waters???
thats great I'm going to test that as soon as I get home :)

Offline talkmill

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • talkmill has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 07:44:22 AM »
I think it did when i gm'd fishing a few years back :)

A slightly OT-question. Do you get any advantage fishing in felucca instead of trammel? (like mining/lumberjacking etc giving twice the amount)?

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 08:21:10 AM »
I think it did when i gm'd fishing a few years back :)

A slightly OT-question. Do you get any advantage fishing in felucca instead of trammel? (like mining/lumberjacking etc giving twice the amount)?

Double hides from serps.. about it.. risk of being pk'd....

Offline talkmill

• Activity:
    0%
  • talkmill has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 08:49:30 AM »
Ahh ok, no difference in mib/net/t-maps? (except the t-maps are for fell i guess :)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 09:29:22 AM »
I would say that a number of shards are much quieter in Fel so you have less of a chance of being found and paged on.

That's about it.

X

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 09:34:19 AM »
That's one of the reasons I started playing on Alexandria again.  They are very friendly to fishermen there.  8K per chest, chance of unique artifacts, better spawn rates of stuff in Fel, paragon sea serpents in Fel.  Snicker7 has done a good job on those things.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 09:36:35 AM »
Risking yet another thread derailment but I have to ask - what is the player base like over there? Good population? What is the primetime, EST?

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 10:28:51 AM »
Risking yet another thread derailment but I have to ask - what is the player base like over there? Good population? What is the primetime, EST?

Oh man, the player base is pretty small there.  I'm still surprised it's so small for all the work they put into it.  It's a shame, but it works for me because I'm not a social creature in UO, so the low population works for me.

Normally there's 30-45 people online.  I've seen it up to 100 for special events.  But primetime is standard US primetime since the server is here in the west coast.

CStalker would know more since he's an icon over there.  I'm just a shadowy figure.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: