Author Topic: Aurora Colorado  (Read 13024 times)

Offline MasscreTopic starter

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Aurora Colorado
« on: July 20, 2012, 10:57:51 AM »
My prayers go out to all the families involved with the tragedy there in the aurora Colorado shooting. Things like this I do not understand or I have a stronger mind set and a better grasp on reality than some people. I hope and pray some good can come of this and we as a world can learn and be closer and more loving of our neighbors.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora Colorado
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 11:41:10 AM »
I can't understand why people who are pissed off at the "World" have to take so many other innocent people out with them when they decide they no longer want to live.  Hell, just do everyone a favor and kill yourself in peace.  This guy in Aurora not only shot a bunch of people in cold blood, but he was prepared up the yin yang as well.  He booby trapped his apartment, he was wearing a bullet-proof jacket, and he came armed with smoke grenades and fire starters.  Oh my God!  There is no rational explanation for someone who acts like this!  Then they have to go show his smarmy smiling face on the news...

On top of all this, the News said that when they interviewed his Mother, she said, "Oh yes, you have the right person!"  When I first turned on the news and ever since, I have been sick to my stomach...Tears go out to all those people's families and friends. Prayers will not be enough.  Seems though after tragedies like this (911, Columbine, Waco, etc.), that People come together and become Human...Unfortunately, it comes at the cost of innicent lives...

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 02:18:24 PM »
Horay! Something for the news to leech until the next big thing.

I wish I had time to rant this up, here's my quick notes:

Yes, it's a bad thing that happened.

WHY examine this guys entire life? In the following weeks we will know more about this guy then any of us would ever want to know. Media :P

You are an idiot if you take a 3 month old to the 12:30 AM showing of ANYTHING especially something LOUD with lots of EXPLOSIONS.

You are an idiot if you take your 6 year old child to a 12:30 AM showing of ANYTHING.

God Bless America.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Xanderyum has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 05:20:48 PM »
I love how they describe his "AR-15 assault rifle, which can hold upwards of 100 rounds" The Media is going to make this a mess, bigger then the theater.  And all said and done, More people will think I'm a threat because I open carry.  I digress.  I sure am glad places like movie theaters are "Gun free zones"  Give me a break.  If you didn't get hasseled for using 2nd amendment rights in places like shopping malls, movie theaters, or parents, and teachers at schools, how many places would a psycho feel they could effectively carry out things like this? It's a shame that so many people died, and so many more were injured. I'm guessing a bunch of those injuries came from the mob of people all running for the exits.  Reacting with a "save your self" gut instinct is almost as dangerous as the gunman.

I agree with Cerv, who takes kids to late night movies?

I'm curious to hear how he got his guns. It's a heck of a lot easier these days to get your hands on a nice rifle under the table then over the table.

Offline MasscreTopic starter

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 05:32:36 PM »
I love how they describe his "AR-15 assault rifle, which can hold upwards of 100 rounds" The Media is going to make this a mess, bigger then the theater.  And all said and done, More people will think I'm a threat because I open carry.  I digress.  I sure am glad places like movie theaters are "Gun free zones"  Give me a break.  If you didn't get hasseled for using 2nd amendment rights in places like shopping malls, movie theaters, or parents, and teachers at schools, how many places would a psycho feel they could effectively carry out things like this? It's a shame that so many people died, and so many more were injured. I'm guessing a bunch of those injuries came from the mob of people all running for the exits.  Reacting with a "save your self" gut instinct is almost as dangerous as the gunman.

I agree with Cerv, who takes kids to late night movies?

I'm curious to hear how he got his guns. It's a heck of a lot easier these days to get your hands on a nice rifle under the table then over the table.

The reports say that he purchased all 4 weapons at local stores and with in the last 3 months (Rifle, shotgun, and 2 40 caliber glocks)

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 06:01:57 PM »
OK, Yeah I was reading the Yahoo updates, and hadn't seen that.  Thanks for the updates.  Well, then it was just a Semi-auto.  Imagine if he had got his hands on a full-auto AR. Sheesh!

I wonder if he will ever feel remorse.......If I were in LE I think I'd have had a hard time not pulling the trigger on him when I found him.

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 06:05:34 PM »
Also, remember the DC snipers?  Those guys bought the guns from near my neck of the woods. (about 80 miles south of me)  Hope the guy running the gun shops followed protocol for selling the guns and didn't "feel" in his gut this guy was ok to sell guns too.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 06:18:20 PM »
I doubt this topic will remain here much longer as we kind of have a "no politics" policy.

But before that happens....

If more people open carried, there would have been a lot less people killed in that theater... (pssst, gun control people, don't be scared of the gun I carry out in the open. Criminals hide their guns. If you see my holstered weapon you don't have to worry, I got yer back)

The media beast begins it's feed....

God Bless America.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 06:39:00 PM »
Thankfully Colorado re-instated the death penalty back in 1975.  So hopefully some slimey 2-bit lawyer doesn't figure out an ingenious way to spring him just to fluff up their legal resume.  Some people just don't deserve to live any longer.

Will be interesting to see what the motives may become.  I never understand what drives some people to do things like this.  If you're unhappy, just end it for yourself.  Don't drag others into the darkness with you.  12 innocents died today that shouldn't have to be involved.  Hundreds will be mentally and physically scarred for the rest of their lives.  That part just sickens me.  Society today creates individuals that have such an overinflated self image that they feel to make an impact they need to affect as many people around them as possible. 

It's times like this that I miss carrying a pistol.  Living in CA was hard to get used to not having it near me at all times. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline freddy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • freddy has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 06:53:32 PM »
The state of Colorado hasn't murdered anyone since 1997.  I'm not gonna get off a politcal tangent here, but if the state decides against capital punishment, dude will get his in prison.

I don't know why dude did what he did, and none of us will for the next few weeks. Regardless of his motives, he was wrong. People went to the theater for a good time, some ended up dead and many others hurt. Also, with the above posters, who brings their kids to a midnight showing? That seems like irresponsible parenting right there.

Cali has ridiculous gun laws. My stepdad had to wait 3 months after ordering his pistol to receive it. My brother, who is a prior corpsman, who certified with pistols in the navy, was denied the right to own a gun because of a crime he committed at age 14 in another state. Sometimes I miss living in Alaska where damn near everyone has a gun, and you don't need a permit to open/conceal carry.

Even if people had access to guns in the theater, dude entered through the emergency exit and threw smoke grenades and started firing. I think if people were shooting back, there would be more collateral damage and deaths than there were. All i've been hearing about this is stupid political messages. This is a tragedy, and it's easy to put a spin on it. Point is, it happened and now we need to figure out how to deal with it. Some say gun control, some say better access to mental health facilities, but I am not going to comment. I'll leave that for people who are actually in a position to make a difference.

I feel bad for the people murdered and wounded, and all families affected by this guy's choices. I guess all we can do is wait and see what we can do to help (if anything) .
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 06:55:27 PM by freddy »

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 07:10:43 PM »
That's an interesting question though, freddy.  Assume that instead of a theatre without any people packing guns, there might be 20% of the people able to defend themselves because they're also armed.  If I was a gunman wanting to kill a bunch of people, I would definitely have to think differently knowing that I might die within 5 seconds instead of standing there unimpeded for over 2 minutes.

If people are intent on killing a bunch of people, they'll do it.  If you know you're going to get shot by other people, but still have a need to kill, you'll just adjust your approach.  A bomb perhaps?  So controlling the guns really doesn't help when a nutjob decides they want to kill for the sake of voices in their head.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:15:08 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline freddy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • freddy has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 07:17:33 PM »
Apparently the guy was wearing body armor. Kind of reminds me of that bank robbery in LA i think in 96. The 2 guys were wearing armor and hopped up on phenobarbital. Cops couldn't do any damage because all they had were pistols. If dude went in expecting to get shot at and was wearing body armor, pistols wouldn't be enough to stop him fast enough to prevent many of the deaths, unless they got a head shot. With all the chaos, the smoke, noise, and confusion, i really don't think carrying wouldn't have done too much. If i was in that theater, I wouldn't have ran, i would of hit the floor. But you know, it's easy to say what I would have done because I wasn't actually there. I can't even imagine how terrified those people must have been.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 08:05:13 PM »
Sure it would have made a difference.  He was basically playing BF3 without a care.  But even being threatened by the impact power of 9mm (or .45 ACP in my case), that's going to change your focus.  At least it would have given the innocents time to get out of there instead of being hosed down.  At the very least, it would put doubt in the mind of a gunman and possibly make them think twice about that approach.

I just put myself into that position in my mind.  Take away all the guns, and the guy is still going to figure out a way to kill.  They'll always be able to take it one step more. 

People just need to look at their family and friends to see warning signs.  Then people can't be afraid to reach out to others to help those that may need assistance before things turn out like this situation.

I'm pretty sure the gunman is wondering why he's still alive at this point.  We are a compassionate and silly race.

Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 09:09:17 PM »
Without getting into the politics of it...

One thing that stood out to me when I saw the CNN report early in the morning was the headline. "Dark Knight" Movie massacre... or something alone those lines. I think Fox has a similar tagline.

They..the Media...can't just say there was a despicable event...a "massacre at a movie theatre.". They trump it up like it's a rollercoaster ride that everyone must see and listen to...

Who the eff cares what movie what bleepin' movie was playing. I don't mind them mentioning the title of the movie that was played within the story but the way headline is presented it's done in a fashion to drum up and garner even more attention... which obviously the event doesn't need. Everyone I met and talked to today was talking about it.

I'm no huge Batman fan or a stockholder in Paramount or whatever company made that movie but something about that headline rubs me the wrong way. To me those type of headlines are really poor taste and signify the degree of shamelessness which the media operates at.

The Media disgusts me almost as much as nutjob who perpetrated these unforgivable acts...may he burn in hell.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 10:06:39 PM »
The media today seems to try and put a political spin on news issues these days.  I long for the days when news outlets report the news without any political spin.  It's up to the masses to spin the news based on their own beliefs.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: