Author Topic: EUO forums pet peeve  (Read 11129 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
EUO forums pet peeve
« on: August 26, 2009, 10:13:31 AM »
Besides the hypocrisy... the condescending attitudes... the lack of support... etc...

People who post requesting an update to a script that is 5 years old, written by an author who last posted 4 years ago, where the last reply was 3 years ago, and mentioning a much better CURRENT script in the reply.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: EUO forums pet peeve
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 10:41:48 AM »
Details man, we need details!!

:P
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 10:42:29 AM »
I agree!  That's why I very seldom will even visit EasyUO.  Usually it is only to get that latest patch update, so I can continue to use EasyUO!   ;D
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 10:49:55 AM »
Some fool posted their FIRST post about "nice to have a menu" in a trainer that's about 5 years old.

Just another reason to stay over here. The posters are way smarterer.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 11:00:19 AM »
LOL!

Are there actually recent additions to the PSL over there anymore? Seems like everytime I go over looking for something new I end up with the same stuff I downloaded years ago.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Scrripty

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 11:17:58 AM »
LOL!

Are there actually recent additions to the PSL over there anymore? Seems like everytime I go over looking for something new I end up with the same stuff I downloaded years ago.

What are we gonna do when they stop updating EUO and switch to OPENEUO? :)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 11:55:38 AM »
Love the avatar Cerveza !!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 11:56:29 AM »
Hopefully TM will get us a client intereface for SUO by then lol.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 11:56:53 AM »
What are we gonna do when they stop updating EUO and switch to OPENEUO? :)

Cross that bridge when we come to it...   At the very least its prossible to just put a new front end on OPENEUO one that does the same as the old front end .. ie make openeou understand current euo script.   That is if Scriptuo not 100% functioning by then or one of the other 2 projects.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 12:04:30 PM »
Hopefully TM will get us a client intereface for SUO by then lol.

If UOAI can get a bit more stable, or I can figure out a way to plug Xenoglyphs UOMachine project into SUO, then it's a possibility.  Those two projects are open sourced and I'd feel more comfortable using instead of the potential of having the carpet pulled from the feet of this project when someone over at EUO has a bad hair day.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 12:07:59 PM »
Have you decided to not just do your own interface?  Not saying I woudln't love to see UOAI or UOMachine working but I have the concern that we then become dependant upon someone else just as we are with EUO.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 12:13:48 PM »
That's the thing about both of those projects; since they are TRUE open source, I can actually maintain them in the future.  That's why I can't/won't use OpenEUO.  I've all but given up with my own interface; I just don't have the time to devote to reverse engineering everything.  RL house payments in San Diego area kinda creates that issue.  :)  So I have to look for viable alternatives.

I don't mind a good C# project, but when it gets down to the packet nuts and bolts and client memory locations for underwear removal, I kinda turn off at that point.  
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »
Ahh that makes sense.  Hopefully they can get to a point where they are stable enough for use in the near term so we can really get involved with one or the other and help them along in their "beta" stage.  I will give both of them a download tonight to really play with them and see how they go.  Any particular one that you are leaning towards yet?  I ask so that I can determine which one to focus the bulk of my efforts playing with.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 12:21:56 PM »
I've had better luck with Xenoglyphs project to date.  It seems more stable to me; I haven't been able to crash it for a while. 

They are a bit different in intention.  UOAI is really meant to be plugged into your .NET application.  UOMachine is actually pointed more to being able to script directly from C#.  The cores are similar in that they give packet level interaction and client memory access.  I haven't done a direct comparison feature to feature yet, nor have I compared what they both do to what's required to make a true EUO clone.  UOAI was well on the way to be the choice, but the author has gotten busy with RL again.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 12:23:27 PM »
I have to say that UOMachine has been pretty fun to play with; scripting directly in C# is kinda cool!
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: