Author Topic: Time Travel  (Read 9008 times)

Offline jtw1984Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Time Travel
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 04:59:27 AM »
Only once before? lol

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 07:26:02 AM »
These are things that interest and fascinate me. It's amazing how far we've come in such a short time especially in the last 100 years...

Technology is compounding in on itself and growing exponentially.

I just finished my World Archaeology class, and a line in my book really made me stop and ponder....

"65 million years ago, dinosaurs went extinct. 2.6 MYA we found the first stone tools. 800,000 years ago was the first evidence for fire. The Pyramids were built 2,625 BC. It took millions of years to get from the first signs of bipedal evolution to fire, and only a few thousand to get from fire to putting a man on the moon."
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010, 08:50:24 AM »
All I can think of is....

Onlyindreams stop posting pictures of Nobama it's against forum rules. :P

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010, 10:20:57 AM »
If possible, traveling to the past could be a very dangerous thing. What if a terrorist organization went all the way to the origin of mankind and destroyed them with nuclear bombs?

Of course, that creates a paradox in itself. How could something from the future kill something from the past if the person from the future never existed?

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2010, 10:25:48 AM »
Science now believes that you could never travel further into the past then when the time machine was made. So going back to distant pasts would be impossible (according to science) Time travel into the future could already be close to existing. If you could accelerate somebody to near speed of light, and keep em accelerated for 10 years they would come back to earth and 1000 years would have past..unfortuantly for the "time travelers" this is a one way trip...they would never get back to thier own time, and would have to live 1000 years into the future.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010, 12:12:09 PM »
Science now believes that you could never travel further into the past then when the time machine was made. So going back to distant pasts would be impossible (according to science) Time travel into the future could already be close to existing. If you could accelerate somebody to near speed of light, and keep em accelerated for 10 years they would come back to earth and 1000 years would have past..unfortuantly for the "time travelers" this is a one way trip...they would never get back to thier own time, and would have to live 1000 years into the future.

I have read into this some. I think this is a very fascinating idea. I have a hard time believing that you could freely travel to the future like in the movie "Back to the Future". However, the idea of accelerating us to the speed of light seems almost as possible as Back to the Future. There are just some technologies, although possible, might never be realized because of lack of resources.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2010, 02:52:37 PM »
Yes this does sound plausable, enough even I want to do a little research into. read an entire book once on speed of light an how it could be done but what it would take to do it and if not done correctly it would destroy us and also about warping and bending space and formulas to go along with all the above.

jesterboo

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2010, 07:21:11 PM »
the thing is who would want to go knowing that you would never be able to come back. Put it this way, just think of all the stuff you would miss even if you could go to the future. no one would know who you are and even if your a goody to shoe now, who's to say that in the near future your ass isn't sitting in prison for something ridiculous. You would have a hard time explaining this to yourself also and the family when you got there. Personally I want to just think and wonder what if's. like what if i was the only guy to survive on earth, that would be another mess to deal with. anyway I'm just ranting on. Again It would be awesome to go to the future, but knowing i no return sucks. Just remember there's no Marty McFly in the Future

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 09:48:28 PM »

Totally worth it.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 11:56:41 PM »

Totally worth it.

Good luck figuring this out!!!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 05:09:53 AM »

Good luck figuring this out!!!

Ah, the three sea shells from Demolition Man ...Great Movie! 
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Ozzy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ozzy has no influence.
  • My Boys
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 09:03:22 PM »
Sept 7th 2008 .....

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 08:31:34 AM »
Sept 7th 2008 .....
Word Ozzy; I imagine no other date in history would really matter to you.

For me it would be simple - other than going into the future far enough to make myself rich in the present of course, I would like to go back far enough to kick my own ass for being such a moron fucktard at the beginning of the relationship that is now my wife. I would do it in a heartbeat. That puts me at about 1993.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 08:34:58 PM »
If I could go back in time and make as many stops as I liked Roswell New Mexico July 3, 1947 would also make the list. I would like to have been a firsthand witness and see what in fact actually transpired. :-\

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 10:28:46 AM »
If I could go back in time and make as many stops as I liked Roswell New Mexico July 3, 1947 would also make the list. I would like to have been a firsthand witness and see what in fact actually transpired. :-\

Also would have like to be in the supposed building when kennedy was shot, just to see what actually transpired and the water gate fiasco and a few others ...

Tags: