9 (56.3%)
No :(
5 (31.3%)
Not Yet
1 (6.3%)
Whats football?
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Did your football team win this week?  (Read 7616 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Did your football team win this week?
« on: September 13, 2010, 07:56:31 AM »
Well?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Did your football team win this week?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 08:19:23 AM »
My NFL team (Bears) won, but I think they are not that good.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 08:31:06 AM »
The Bears? Really? heh...

Yeah, not too impressive for them. Early in the season though.

My Seahawks showed up in the second quarter, ready to play. Dominated a team ALL critics predicted to win the west.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 09:07:12 AM »
PATS FTW!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 09:14:37 AM »
PATS FTW!

Just felt that this was worth quoting - truth Wilk...truth!!
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 09:44:25 AM »
Steelers won without there Number one string QB, but they did have to do it in OT and there where playing my home team the falcons :)

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 10:04:26 AM »
My NFL team (Bears) won, but I think they are not that good.

Your team "beat" my team, the lowly Lions!  I missed the game (working), so as a Bears fan, can you tell me if that was a catch/touchdown?  I'm sure you know what play I'm talking about!
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 10:10:30 AM »
It was a td imo.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 10:11:39 AM »
The call on the field was correct as well as the replay. NO CATCH.

According to the completely f-u'd rules that are in place currently.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 10:13:44 AM by Cerveza »

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 10:25:06 AM »
It's a catch everywhere but in the NFL, but the call did follow the rule.  It really makes very little sense to me the way its currently written. You can drag your feet falling out of bounds as long as you don't drop the ball when you hit the ground, but if you catch the ball in mid-air and land with your whole body in bounds and the ground forces the ball out on impact, it's not a catch.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 01:07:57 PM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 10:41:43 AM »
I'd rather not talk about it. My Volunteers got manhandled by Oregon.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 02:56:36 PM »
Did the Bears win the game? no.. will we take the win.. yes...

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 05:48:27 PM »
What's football?

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 01:18:41 AM »
It's a catch everywhere but in the NFL, but the call did follow the rule.  It really makes very little sense to me the way its currently written. You can drag your feet falling out of bounds as long as you don't drop the ball when you hit the ground, but if you catch the ball in mid-air and land with your whole body in bounds and the ground forces the ball out on impact, it's not a catch.

my problem with that rule is this...  if you catch the ball in mid-air and land with your whole body in bounds and the ground forces the ball out on impact. 
in my opinion.. the ball did not pop out... he let it go because he thought it was a touch down. anywhere else on the field it would have been a good catch, but because it was behind the Line different rules apply... the rules need to be changed... the Bears got away with a unfair win.. it will come back and bite them in the ass later trust me.. its a Chicago team, and yes.. we are used to it.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 03:58:42 AM »
Your wrong Kham. It was not a catch by definition. They have a new rule regarding ONE football move AFTER possession. That should be called incomplete no matter where it occurs on the field.

Last year that's a touchdown. This year it's not.

Agreed that the rule is wrong and needs to be changed, but as written now, no TD and game lost.

On a side note... the one hand thing looked to me like he was trying to get up quickly so he could begin his celebration dance/posing. If he had maintained two hands on the ball the entire time he fell then there would be no question, no replay, touchdown and game won. It's my opinion that HE lost that game.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 04:00:28 AM by Cerveza »

Tags: