Author Topic: I laughed a little...  (Read 13033 times)

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: I laughed a little...
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2010, 06:31:36 AM »

??? ??? ???Whoa slow down there... I never said anything bad about cops,

I never said that you did say anything bad about cops.

AND I think you are being  very assuming by the statement  >:(;

"People in general need to pull their heads out of the sand and respect and appreciate the people who protect their sorry asses from this type of carnage and mayhem every single day and night while they are laying there sleeping peacefully.
As I said.... nothing about you.... read "People in general"... society et al!

Actually by your entire statement.. You know nothing about me..
Once again, I never claimed to know anything about you, nor was I implying that you were a bad person.  Perhaps my discourse here has you feeling a little like I was pointing a finger at you or a little guilty.  I dont know, again, I dont know you.  I do know people though, and people typically get upset and defensive when something hits a little too close to home for them.

I have met many good cops, and never have been disrespectful ever. I also have quite assuredly thanked many and in fact I am always gracious to them.  I have also met some crooked cops too.  But they are the minority.  I have no idea where you live, or who you meet everyday, but where I live, unless its the lowest trash, and druggies and criminals, no one says anything bad about cops.  In fact they often get things for free in deli's coffee shops etc or discounts to show appreciation to ....  :(

And during Xmas I make it a point to drop off goodies at police stations and firehouses just on an extra non necessary added point  >:(

Good for you!! If that is actually the truth, then you sound like just an all around good guy..........Some may even say a little too good to be true.  Or as we cops usually would wonder....."what is he trying to hide". It also sounds as if you may live in the only "Mayberry" city left in America. Or possibly you just walk around with blinders on, as most of society does now a days.

I am not saying I wouldn't have done the same thing--it is just what was reported to have happened....
Again, as I said before, I suggest you not believe everything you hear, and for sure not believe everything you see on TV.  My questions still stand....Did you personally witness it?

As I previously indicated, the point of this was for people in general, society et al.  If you read my original post any other way, you took it out of context. This one however is directed at you specifically.
Have a wonderful day!

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2010, 06:37:08 AM »
Something else to consider is that law enforcement officers have families as well. I'm sure that when a disaster hits a lot of officers will look to their own family first, ala Katrina where officers "fled" but came back. My dad is a retired officer of nearly 20 years and he has said that many officers would look to their own first before "returning" to duty.

JaF I agree with what you say. LEO don't get the respect that they (most) deserve. On top of that the majority are highly under-paid for what they do..........

/derail

And yes, a spoon made Rosie fat :P

Good point OiD!  Of course we want to take care of our families as much as everyone else wants to take care of theirs. 

And thank you for your agreement. :)
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Paradise

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Paradise has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 08:34:01 AM »

??? ??? ???Whoa slow down there... I never said anything bad about cops,

I never said that you did say anything bad about cops.

AND I think you are being  very assuming by the statement  >:(;

"People in general need to pull their heads out of the sand and respect and appreciate the people who protect their sorry asses from this type of carnage and mayhem every single day and night while they are laying there sleeping peacefully.
As I said.... nothing about you.... read "People in general"... society et al!

Actually by your entire statement.. You know nothing about me..
Once again, I never claimed to know anything about you, nor was I implying that you were a bad person.  Perhaps my discourse here has you feeling a little like I was pointing a finger at you or a little guilty.  I dont know, again, I dont know you.  I do know people though, and people typically get upset and defensive when something hits a little too close to home for them.

I have met many good cops, and never have been disrespectful ever. I also have quite assuredly thanked many and in fact I am always gracious to them.  I have also met some crooked cops too.  But they are the minority.  I have no idea where you live, or who you meet everyday, but where I live, unless its the lowest trash, and druggies and criminals, no one says anything bad about cops.  In fact they often get things for free in deli's coffee shops etc or discounts to show appreciation to ....  :(

And during Xmas I make it a point to drop off goodies at police stations and firehouses just on an extra non necessary added point  >:(

Good for you!! If that is actually the truth, then you sound like just an all around good guy..........Some may even say a little too good to be true.  Or as we cops usually would wonder....."what is he trying to hide". It also sounds as if you may live in the only "Mayberry" city left in America. Or possibly you just walk around with blinders on, as most of society does now a days.

I am not saying I wouldn't have done the same thing--it is just what was reported to have happened....
Again, as I said before, I suggest you not believe everything you hear, and for sure not believe everything you see on TV.  My questions still stand....Did you personally witness it?

As I previously indicated, the point of this was for people in general, society et al.  If you read my original post any other way, you took it out of context. This one however is directed at you specifically.
Have a wonderful day!

JaF

Number one I'm female--which shows how little you know about me.

Secondly Every other sentence, from the beginning of your post was "you" "you" "you"

not "a lot of people" "a lot of people"

So of course it looks like it is directed at me.  Especially when you did this whole rant of an article based on one post that was meant in an entirely different context than you took it.  

Of course cops have families and they are their number one priority--It is mine and would always be mine, and I'd kill for my family period let alone leave them in a crisis.  ---Which is my point on why we all need guns to protect our own family because it is only human for cops to put their families first--esp when they are outnumbered by far.

I don't live in Mayberry, I live in the suburbs of a major metropolitan area.  Forgive me to jumping to this conclusion, but I'd have to say you have gotten overly bitter and cynical.    I and many others are not blind to society.  Society sucks on a whole.  But your statement
here...

"Good for you!! If that is actually the truth, then you sound like just an all around good guy..........Some may even say a little too good to be true.  Or as we cops usually would wonder....."what is he trying to hide". It also sounds as if you may live in the only "Mayberry" city left in America. Or possibly you just walk around with blinders on, as most of society does now a days."

shows that you might have blinders on.  You are focused on all the bad, you don't see all the good.  Do you think you are the only "good" person out there?  If that is so, who are the volunteer firemen?  who are the volunteer shelter runners?  Who are the volunteer donators?  Oh I forgot--they ALL MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE.  

I am not a saint--never claimed to be one.  Most people aren't.  If chaos hit, I would try my best to help society, but if it came down to whether my family ate over another. who knows what I'm capable of.  Hopefully I would never have to find out.  

However, I try to be honest to death, have gotten burned for it many times, but refuse to change.  I have never stolen anything in my life.  I teach my kids everyday to be polite.  When I tell my kids to hold the door open for strangers and they walk through without a thank you as if I or my kids are the bellhops, I tell them be nice anyway--it may rub off on others.  I face rudeness everyday--but i would not assume that someone who tries to do goodness in the world is "trying to hide something"

As for the goodies.... here is what I am HIDING;  I am an extreme asthmatic, not the asthmatic that says they have asthma and puff on an inhaler once a year.  I suffer on a daily basis.  It prevents me from volunteering to homeless shelters, animal shelters (I love animals I am allergic to most)  and many other things I would like to do.  So I try to do other things that I can to contribute, since I can't contribute in physical ways.  The local fire stations and ambulances have brought oxygen to my house on several occasions and have saved my life.  I do little things it isn't much.

Stop asking what the people who are genuinely trying to do something nice "is hiding".  

Cops fleeing their posts during Katrina made national headlines... was I there? no did I see it? No, however many cops lost their jobs and many were under review.  Did I say I agreed with any of this? No --it was a post in the thread having to do with why we should have gun rights.  I never said my statement on whether I even thought these cops should lose thier jobs or be fired etc.  When you leave your post without permission, and are later fired for it or under review, or punishment, it is called fleeing.  Would I have done the same thing or could I blame them?  Hell no. Family comes first.. My point is that people with guns--good people--should be able to form a militia against all enemies foreign and domestic.  Than perhaps the cops needn't feel the need to flee.  But my point in that was if only cops had the right to have firearms, and they did what was human and left a chaotic scene, the families not allowed to have guns would have little protection (once again in a thread about guns)

Anyways... I have been insulted repeatedly for a simply innocent post.   Yes you semi apologized for my misunderstanding that this was about people in general and not ME in particular--than you go and say I have blinders or am of questionable character because I do what you "dare" people to do.  Well I dare you to stop focusing on only the bad, and open your eyes up to some of the people who are trying to be the best they can be, and want a better society.  And I dare you not to hurt someone's feelings simply because you are too cynical to believe anyone is any good, and generalize everyone as a whole.  I dare you to stop being so bitter .  Oh and hurting people's feelings is NOT one of the GOOD traits I see in society  >:( >:( >:( >:(

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 08:39:32 AM by Paradise »

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 09:02:44 AM »
A little debate is fun. Please keep it civil.

The only real rule is NO PERSONAL ATTACKS. Follow that and we'll let things go along pretty nicely.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 09:06:31 AM »
Yep, my "gonna lock this" twitch was starting to wiggle...
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 09:56:51 AM »

Just throw an empty gun at this thread... wait that only works on zombies .. wait no it doesnt im confused...  I think ill stick with my 36" matchette...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2010, 10:04:53 AM »
I concede....

I'm done with this debate. You are obviously much more informed on Police and society than I am.  Who could have thought it? Live something for 15 years and know nothing about it... oh well, You win... Have a great day

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2010, 10:35:10 AM »

Just throw an empty gun at this thread... wait that only works on zombies .. wait no it doesnt im confused...  I think ill stick with my 36" matchette...

CROWBARS PEOPLE! CROWBARS! (preferably with sharpened tips)
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Paradise

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2010, 11:45:05 AM »
I concede....

I'm done with this debate. You are obviously much more informed on Police and society than I am.  Who could have thought it? Live something for 15 years and know nothing about it... oh well, You win... Have a great day

JaF

*sigh* you say you concede but throw in something snippy anyway.  I never said you weren't informed on Police or society, nor did I say that you hadn't had bad experience with idiots making snide remarks or being rude.  I completely agreed with you, I just defended myself, of which you attacked, and defended others out there and pointed out that there are in fact people who respect cops, and people who do try to be good for no hidden agenda.  That is the last i will say on this... i will concede as well and not add a snippy remark to keep it going (although my comment about not adding a snippy remark could be a snippy remark? )

So anyway here is my peace offering "throws a Messana pie at you" thank you for being a cop for many years and I'm appreciative for putting your life on the line to help protect people... :D

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2010, 11:53:59 AM »
So anyway here is my peace offering "throws a Messana pie at you" thank you for being a cop for many years and I'm appreciative for putting your life on the line to help protect people... :D

Hmm... wonder what she wants? LOL! Just kidding, lighten up! :P
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Paradise

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2010, 11:59:13 AM »
lol didn't want anything =) just wanted to get away with throwing a pie in the face of a cop and not get arrested  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2010, 12:33:54 PM »
I prefer a sharpened 36" Chain saw they work wonders on zombies and if you place on on each end of a 3" pipe and tighten them down and crank them and lock them at full throttle you have a super dooper killin stick !!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »
I prefer a sharpened 36" Chain saw they work wonders on zombies and if you place on on each end of a 3" pipe and tighten them down and crank them and lock them at full throttle you have a super dooper killin stick !!

But you can run out of gas! And they're heavy to swing around!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2010, 02:01:51 PM »

But you can run out of gas! And they're heavy to swing around!

But if you cut off your hand and then attach the chainsaw to it!!! Then you'd build up some huge ol' arm muscles and would be the chainsaw king!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2010, 06:26:31 PM »
You'd still run out of gas, unless you can power it with the electrolytes in your blood stream!!!

Tags: