Author Topic: Playoff Argument  (Read 11535 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Playoff Argument
« on: January 10, 2011, 11:17:47 AM »
Having a fun argument with a co-worker about the fact that the division winner gets to host an NFL playoff game.

He doesn't think the 7-9 Seahawks should have hosted the 11-5 Saints, and blames the fact that they played in Seattle on the Saints loss.

LOL.

All 4 teams who traveled this last weekend had better records then the guys they played (well... technically, the Packers and Eagles had the same record, but I think the Packers win the tie breaker).

He's just p.o.'d cause the Hawks brought it!
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline lolsmileyfacelol

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • lolsmileyfacelol has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Playoff Argument
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 11:31:45 AM »
They did have the worst record of all time to get into the playoffs, id be po'd too.  ;D

they did play extremely well tho and deserved the win.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 11:44:39 AM »
It was a very good and entertaining game to watch. 

How often has it actually happened that a sub-500 team has made it to the playoffs?  Possibly never?  So I have to agree with standing by the rules as they are.  No need to revamp a system that has worked since the merger because of one fluke season.

And yeah, the Hawks absolutely brought it to the Saints..twas a beat down.

That run by Marshawn Lynch was the best thing that I've seen since the days of Barry Sanders.. He walked all over the Saints defence!

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 12:23:43 PM »
There's really not much of an argument to change the rules.

I told this guy that if they change the rules so that the team with the best record is the home team throughout the playoffs.... then why not just change the rule and take the 12 teams with the best records for the playoffs? Eliminate divisions all together if there's no real benefit to winning your division.

It's funny that you only hear about Seattle's record... when EVERY GAME this last weekend had the team with the better record traveling. Haters gotta hate.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 12:49:53 PM »
Yes I have to agree. If a team can get in under the system that has been in place for some time and work it to their advantage more power to them. I was actually glad to see an underdog take the last breath out of the Saints and their brees. Pun intended :).  Now one of my teams will hopefully go to the super bowl. My home team Falcons or 2nd most liked team the Steelers or third most liked Patriots. We will see after the 1st round playoffs this weekend.  Would have liked to see the Colts win last week but they could not get it together completely in that 4th quarter like they have been known to do in the past.

My predictions for next week are just on my over all thoughts on the games their players and the overall stats and also who they will be playing.

Pitt 17 - Bat 14        (31 - 24)
GB 21 -  ATL 33       (48 - 21)

Sea 10 -  Chi 14       (24 - 35)
NY  14 -  NE 39        (28 - 21)

Post thoughts, comparisons or even flames :)

I am rooting for Falcons, Steelers, Patriots, and Seahawks.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 04:00:24 PM by Masscre »

Scrripty

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 01:21:07 PM »
I'm gonna have to say the Hawks take that game.  We got a quarterback that is gasping his last breath, and he just proved he's got it in him, he's fighting for another high paid season with the Hawks. :)  If he doesn't at least give it all he's got, he wont be here next year I bet.  There's some life in the old Hawks yet.  Don't count them out cause of their record. :)  If they can keep that fire alive a few more games, we might have a fun season ahead.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 01:29:42 PM »
I'm pulling for an Atlanta vs. New England Super Bowl myself.

I've always found games that have one smash mouth, ball control team facing a wide open type of team to be extremely fun to watch.  And while NE isn't exactly the vertical team that the have been in the past, their spread offence is probably the most open of the teams in the AFC.

The Falcons are my adopted team from with I lived there for a number of years, and I would really like to see them finally bring a title home.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 01:43:31 PM »
@ Twinkle McNugget I would like to see the SeaHawks win that game also just the data does not show them to be able to do it and The bears data show them to be a more defense team than the seahawks.

@MeWonUO I want to see atlanta take home a title also and they have been playing a good game this year and they can do it if they dont make any mistakes but the ball is in their hands litterly.

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 01:46:32 PM »
I don't think the rules should be changed. That's what the divisions are about, creating intense rivalries for ratings. Look at it this way, if they're 7-9, shouldn't you be happy you got to play a lesser team?

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 03:38:14 PM »
I'm a Bears Fan and proud of it!
(I'm also a cubs fan - so what does that say about me!)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 03:48:34 PM »
I'm a Bears Fan and proud of it!
(I'm also a cubs fan - so what does that say about me!)

That you are faithful even if your team is not going to the superbowl :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 06:59:10 PM »
I like foozball.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 07:02:27 PM »
I like foozball.

But that requires you to stand up..  Ick!!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 08:41:34 PM »
My predictions:

Pitt 24 - Bat 17
GB 23 -  Atl 24
Sea 17 -  Chi 14
NY  27 -  NE 34

My Giants (with a better record than the Seahawks and the SAME record as the Eagles) didn't make it, so I'm rooting for Pitt, GB, and Seattle
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 10:36:05 PM »
I don't think the Jets will score that many points, I'd take the Bears to beat the Seahawks, and I think the Pack will win on the road.

Tags: