Author Topic: Closing my Netflix account for the last time.  (Read 12765 times)

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Closing my Netflix account for the last time.
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 05:07:22 PM »
Back when Netflix raised their price by $1, I shut down my account for several months.  But now that they are GREATLY raising their subscription prices, I've shut my account down for good.  I guess their stock price of $250/share just isn't good enough.  Hmm.

Anyhow, I hate when companies forget about what got them successful in the first place.

Goodbye Netflix.
I feel you on this one.  We shut ours down the second we read the story.  I wonder if it will change after the massive group of people close their accounts.

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 07:44:31 PM »
If it wasn t for netflix the past two months id probley gone crazy being laid up in this hospital bed.  But with the price increase comeing i plan to drop them before it goes into effect I just hope i have this fixator off before that time gets here.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 07:56:03 PM »
I am streaming using amazon.com now. It comes free with my Amazon prime membership and I find much of the same crap.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 10:11:53 PM »
One word:  CloneDVD

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 01:20:36 PM »
Boom! Looks like you guys put a dent in Netflix afterall. Their stocks took a nosedive and data seems to indicate they may have lost around 1 Million customers : http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/1161582248001/are-the-best-days-behind-netflix/?playlist_id=161980.

I guess me signing up for the free trial didn't do anything for them.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 01:40:57 PM »
Take that, ya greedy bastages!!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 05:21:22 PM »
Boom! Looks like you guys put a dent in Netflix afterall. Their stocks took a nosedive and data seems to indicate they may have lost around 1 Million customers : http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/1161582248001/are-the-best-days-behind-netflix/?playlist_id=161980.

I guess me signing up for the free trial didn't do anything for them.

I loved that on CNBC today that the goldman or morgan(can't recall who it was) analyst downgraded his price target from $340 to $240...what crap those guys offer.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 06:36:39 AM »
they lost almost 2 million customer based on this but posted teh same profit margin and sales.  this is only temporary until folks dig deeper and see they are just as stable as they were.  heven though i dumped mine too

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 06:54:16 AM »
I still voted with my feet.  I'm amazon prime and am getting nearly the same streaming content for free really since I do Prime for the cheap shipping.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 10:33:51 AM »
I still voted with my feet.  I'm amazon prime and am getting nearly the same streaming content for free really since I do Prime for the cheap shipping.
Prime here too although I haven't messed with it much. I dropped Netflix DVD but kept the streaming but I really need to get out to Amazon a bit more to see if I can justify ditching Netflix alltogether.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2011, 07:37:31 AM »
My Western Digital Live Plus Just upgraded and I know have the Hulu+ app...  I'm gonna check out out soon since they release television shows a day or two after they have been aired unlike Netflix you have to wait until the whole season is over then you still don't know when its going to be available to stream.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 07:26:14 PM »
 I just read Netflix is spliting the company in two now. Netflix will only do streaming content while the branch off will be called Quikster, that will do the mail order DVDs.

Did i mention you'll have to pay for them seperate?

Ive never had any experience with Netflix nor do i rent movies. When i do rarely watch a movie i get it from my cable On-Demand.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 07:47:58 PM »
I'm so glad I'm done with their money-grubbing service.  I'll stick with Amazon and a company that really looks out for the customers first. 

I liked Netflix disks and their lame internet streaming, but they are going to have to really outperform to ever get my business again.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 07:50:27 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 08:12:49 PM »
I signed up for the free trial 1) Because I cancelled Direct TV and their just as bad if not worse than Netflix and 2) Because I wanted to start archiving movies.

Is there a better place I should be going for DVD rentals that I'm not aware of?

Wonder what this  Quickster is going to be like!?

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 04:55:21 AM »
I signed up for the free trial 1) Because I cancelled Direct TV and their just as bad if not worse than Netflix and 2) Because I wanted to start archiving movies.

Is there a better place I should be going for DVD rentals that I'm not aware of?

Wonder what this  Quickster is going to be like!?

Here's the story. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Netflix-says-its-sorry-then-apf-1912482126.html?x=0

The way i read and understood it, Quikster will only do DVDs and be a branch off company owned and ran by Netflix with a catchy new name. But to get DVDs and streaming you'll have to subscribe to both.

I think they're doing too much changing too soon to keep the business up. I look for the whole thing to tank in 6 months. There's just too many other stable options to go with a company that's going to be completely unpredictable on service with little to no notice.

Tags: