Author Topic: Closing my Netflix account for the last time.  (Read 12766 times)

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Closing my Netflix account for the last time.
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 05:34:57 AM »
I think they're doing too much changing too soon to keep the business up. I look for the whole thing to tank in 6 months. There's just too many other stable options to go with a company that's going to be completely unpredictable on service with little to no notice.

I agree... But I am very intrigued by the offering of games to compete with Gamefly.  I cancelled my Gamefly account because it took a full week or more on turnaround to get a game back.  So I was paying a fee for a week or so that I didn't have a game because their shipping is horrible.  If these guys can deliver games as quickly as they do their movies I might give them a shot.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 05:51:38 AM »
 I'd really like to see a Redbox type system for games. I think it would do well.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011, 04:03:39 PM »
I'd really like to see a Redbox type system for games. I think it would do well.

http://www.redbox.com/games

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2011, 04:27:49 PM »
That's pretty neat. I've never seen a game one. Our town has 2 movie Reds and that's it.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2011, 03:00:30 PM »
http://money.msn.com/stock-broker-guided/article.aspx?post=adbf739e-2f2c-418c-a40c-f9e8d19f82e5

They've lost 800k accounts.

The good news: they're reverting plans of splitting the dvd services

AND their stocks dropped 25% today!! Might be a decent idea to buy a little stock?

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2011, 03:54:18 PM »
what alot of ppl are not talking about is netflix's contract with Starz... and Starz Contract with Disney...
what I have heard is Disney doesn't want there movies hitting Streaming World so fast resulting less DVD sales.. so disney told startz that they were going to end the contract unless they did something about it.. so Starz will not be renewing the Netflix contract coming up in the next few months.

Link

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2011, 06:37:35 PM »
I think Starz will rethink everything the same that netflix is rethinking some of its ideas.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2011, 04:56:02 AM »
what alot of ppl are not talking about is netflix's contract with Starz... and Starz Contract with Disney...
what I have heard is Disney doesn't want there movies hitting Streaming World so fast resulting less DVD sales.. so disney told startz that they were going to end the contract unless they did something about it.. so Starz will not be renewing the Netflix contract coming up in the next few months.

Link
There have been some other, similarly major setbacks for the Netflix streaming service. I think we can all expect Netflix streaming library options to become slimmer and slimmer at the rate they are going thus they will continue to lose market share and will need some major overhauling in order to get things shifted. They will eventually get the deal for the Sony and Disney content but it will cost more. I predict that we will see a cost increase in the near future.

I would hold off on that stock because I think it's going to get worse before it gets better! Personally, I'm considering Hulu Plus.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2011, 04:57:34 PM »

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2011, 07:39:59 PM »
My free trial expired with Netflix that means no more streaming for me and I get DVDs sent to my house. I'm fine with that I'm not really big on the whole streaming thing. I prefer to have the hard copy.  ;)

Thus far 3 outta the 4 Blu Ray DVDs have been duds...lots of scratches, fingerprints and grime all over the Blu Rays. What the hell is going on? No one checks the shape of the DVDs before there sent out? Apparently not....

In conclusion I'm not happy with the Blu Ray DVD service from Netflix batting at 25%. If the trend continues this direction I will be cancelling after my first paid month and be signing on with Blockbuster.

Any other Blu Ray DVD Rental Entity's out there besides those two I should be looking at?

Offline J E T S

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • J E T S has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2011, 09:47:55 PM »
I don't like hulu. For what I need their selection is pretty slim. I purely stream. I have netflix set on a blue ray player at my living room then I have the WII set up by the family room. I have 2 little ones and they are allowed to watch one movie before bed. Netflix has a lot of leapfrogs, babyfirst, worldword etc. I'm an avid indie fan too. I didn't see much of that genre in hulu.

Did blockbuster got streaming yet? I read somewhere they are about to have that service.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2011, 10:57:57 PM »
Blockbuster has streaming. I might check them out if Netflix keeps up their great service. ;)

Offline J E T S

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • J E T S has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2011, 02:05:52 AM »
Oh I didn't know that. Thank you.

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2011, 07:18:33 PM »
LOL Netflix Strikes again!

https://onlinedvdclass.com/

wal-mart and Netflix are being Sued.....
if you have had a netflix account between 2005 and 2011... You could get a wal-mart gift card for free!
Wal-mart is smart and they just did a quick settlment, while netflix is going to fight the current lawsuit....
I'll post a picture in 10 years when I get my wal-mart gift card...

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2011, 08:27:38 PM »

Tags: