Author Topic: C2's Play that Funky Music Multi Skill Trainer (Provo, Disco, Peace, Music)  (Read 41531 times)

Offline darian

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • darian has no influence.
  • Legendary Noobie
  • Respect: +10
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Check out my guild City of the Damned
+1
Well, leave it to me not to listen to people, Just had one of my older accts banned for 7 days for having animals trapped in my house, working provo with this script. suxx but lesson learned, pay attn to what ppl like C2 say and stay outta trouble. lol

Beware of Dragons, For thou art crunchy and taste good with Catsup

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
+1
Hi,

a good thing to do ....
for the lower Lvl of skill training ....
is just go to a safe area in trammel and use the "Follow" mode...
so the Char will wander around and play his music ... for peace or provo....

cu
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 03:51:55 PM by rana70 »

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
+1
It pains me to hear that another person got busted in their house.  That is my discomfort with pulling from secures.  two boats in the middle of nowhere or a small island with a boat.  Just no really good reason to take that risk.

Offline Inspektor

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Inspektor has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: C2's Play that Funky Music Multi Skill Trainer (Provo, Disco, Peace, Music)
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 08:08:42 AM »
+1
Script works fantastic. Gracias! Now to find the Swamp Dragons I have been searching for on Atlantic. I have only found 1. Seems like they have disapeared. Haha.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 06:26:25 PM »
+1
i need to post an update for hiding.  there is a glitch in the hide part.  invis works perfectly

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 06:30:28 PM »
+1
fixed issue that related to using hiding skill.   1.3 version

Offline Inspektor

• Activity:
    0%
  • Inspektor has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2010, 10:06:11 PM »
+1
I am using the invis. It's working phenomenaly. I know that's not spelled right. I don't think anyways. But great fricking job. I'm still gaining slow but I'm up to 75 and I'm super happy about it. :)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
+1
C2,

I'm pretty sure there is a snafu in the discordance Sub. Not in the code...we all know I don't know squat about code. :-X

Code: [Select]
sub disco
finditem %animal G_10

Discordance gains are based off of distance so you need to be as far away from the target as possible if you want to maximize your gains. So this needs to be bumped up to 16 which would be the maximum number of tiles/distance for a player who has reached 120.

You receive a message "You are too far away" if your distance from the target is beyond your skill level which is really helpful in determining where you should be standing while training. If anyone ever trains discordance and wonders why they aren't gaining....this is the reason...your too close to the target. Bump G_10 to G_16 and get as far away as your skill level will allow.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
+1
C2,

I'm pretty sure there is a snafu in the discordance Sub. Not in the code...we all know I don't know squat about code. :-X

Code: [Select]
sub disco
finditem %animal G_10

Discordance gains are based off of distance so you need to be as far away from the target as possible if you want to maximize your gains. So this needs to be bumped up to 16 which would be the maximum number of tiles/distance for a player who has reached 120.

You receive a message "You are too far away" if your distance from the target is beyond your skill level which is really helpful in determining where you should be standing while training. If anyone ever trains discordance and wonders why they aren't gaining....this is the reason...your too close to the target. Bump G_10 to G_16 and get as far away as your skill level will allow.

this is totally new to me.  i have never ever seen any documentation on distance.  can u show me some documentation on this.  i am very interested in seeing more

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
+1
I am not sure that distance affects difficulty.  The only documentation I have seen is that a discorded target will go out of discord if you go out of range.  I have trained up 4 legendary discord bards and never seen this in effect.  Unless its relatively new, I don't think I can verify.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Krusty The Klown

• Activity:
    0%
  • Krusty The Klown has no influence.
    • View Profile
+1
Congrats on this wonderful script ive been using it sinve v 1.1 and have worked  disco wonders multiple times with it
thanks for the badass scripts u always make

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
+1
I originally thought it was posted over at Stratics in the Bard Forum under "Poo's Disco Primer"  but I talked to Poo today who is one of the leading Authority on Bards and he refuted my claims which was based on his primer along wirh my own personal experience.  According to Poo distance is not correlatve to skill gain.

This will be my 9th and 10th characters I will be 120'ing Discordance on and I do believe it to be a factor simply though my own experience. There have been times when I went days without gains but when I moved back farther from the target gains picked up again.

Take it or leave it...if distance isn't relative then it's not going to hurt you to keep your distance.

Offline Katu

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Katu has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
+1
Im quite sure, that on RunUO, distance wont matter. I even checked the code, but did not find anything to support your theory. Could be OSI thing ofcourse, but havent noticed that kind of effect.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
+1
For all the fans of this script... disco and peace just got 12x faster!!!
Why 12x faster???

because 12xover told me about the fact that when u fail on disco u can retry in 6 seconds in stead of 12
and
for peace, every success allows u to try again in 6 seconds instead of 11 for a fail.

so in short, my script now addresses fails and successes to increase the gains.  12x is already seeing the difference on disco!!!  Multiple animals will help you benefit even more again.

Offline voodoo

• Activity:
    0%
  • voodoo has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
+1
was running 1.1

came in while it was running just to check up and see if there was anything interesting.

saw your post.
upgraded to 1.4

LOVING IT!

Tags: