Author Topic: C2's Build a Thief Multi-skill Trainer (Stealing, Stealth, Hide, & Tracking)  (Read 40153 times)

Offline kenshin87

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • kenshin87 has no influence.
  • Respect: +35
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
good call on the following! never would have thought about that one. tahnk you!

Offline kenshin87

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
hey c2 so i noticed something during the stealing process. when you steal and sometimes you are successful it will only take say 5/6 or 4/8 bottles instead of all of them which of course cannot be helped. however i noticed that after that point the script doesnt put back the number that you would need to get a gain. or do you actually get a gain off of the last porton of unsuccessful stolen goods? if not you can run a check to see how many bottles are in the packys pouch and drop the required number of bottles back into. correct me if i am wrong on this assumption

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
you know u can gain off them, yes.  when the pen trick was still there it was faster to steal the rest than move them.  the other issue is when u steal the bttls it flags them differently for a while and there is a issue stacking the stolen ones with left overs.

Offline kenshin87

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
hey C2 so i was running the stealing portion of the script. there seems to be to quick of steal time. every other one it says you must wait to use the skill. i just added to seconds to after the steal part

Offline darian

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • darian has no influence.
  • Legendary Noobie
  • Respect: +10
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Check out my guild City of the Damned
Well, i finally decided to continue training my thief, i chose this script. i have never used a stealth script that trains and DOES NOT make you walk walk around aimlessly, i have to say though, IT EFFING AWESOME!!! I love this, thank you so much for all you do!

Beware of Dragons, For thou art crunchy and taste good with Catsup

Offline aibandit

• Activity:
    0%
  • aibandit has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
here's some old snipplets from a stealth advisory i found somewhere years ago:

0 - 25.8 No armor needed or you could buy it from an NPC

25.8 - 57.4 Leather Gorget, Leather Gloves
Resists = Phr-4, Fire-8, Cold-6, Pois-6, Energ-6

57.4 - 65.0 Ringmail Glove, Leather Sleeves, Leather Gorget
Resists = Phr-7, Fire-11, Cold-7, Pois-11, Energ-9

65.0 - 84.5 Ringmail Gloves and Ringmails Sleeves,Leather Gorget
Resists = Phr-8, Fire-10, Cold-5, Pois-13, Energ-9

84.5 - 95.0 Ringmail Gloves, Ringmail Legs, Leather Tunic, Studded Sleves, Studded Gorget
Resists = Phr-12, Fire-18, Cold-11, Pois-19, Energ-17

95.0 - 100 Leather Legs, Chain Tunic, Ringmail Sleeves, Studded Gorget, Leather Cap
Resists = Phr-14, Fire-19, Cold-14, Pois-15, Energ-15 [See below in Tips/Tricks for training above 100].

This is still applicable but I've been moving to the next group about 5.0 early and having much better success

Post Merge: June 06, 2010, 05:49:24 PM
Well I'm averaging 1.2ish gains per hour. This is painfully slow 15 hours to go!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 05:49:24 PM by aibandit »

Offline aibandit

• Activity:
    0%
  • aibandit has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
K I verified with a crystal ball of knowledge 5 points early is good. It was "Very easy" before going to the next set.

Offline JesterDev

• Activity:
    0%
  • JesterDev has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
+1
Trying to train stealing, and I have everything set up correctly. Packy, bottles in a bag in my pack. But it keeps saying that I need bottles.. Tried them stacked, and separate with same results.

Offline voodoo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • voodoo has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
here's a question.

running this with the stealing section.
ive run it a bunch of times.
but ive noticed acter a while that it gets mucked up.

it will move a couple bottles over to the steal bag (say 9 @ 90 skill)
it will try to steal that for a couple times, maybe pull 3 or 4, then another 2 ect ect ect.
then it will go to reload them so it will restack all the different ones it stole then plop them into the bottle bag to get the stack back up to 12.

now here is where it sometimes messes up.
it will pull the entire stack over to the packy instead of the 9.

ive had to make a couple thieves for factions so ive had to run this 3 times now in a row to 80 or GM and this has happened im gonna say maybe 30 times over the last week or so.

and that seems to effectivlly stop the script.
the script will keep trying to steal the pile of 12 but since its past our level it will fail at it forever with no gain.

now, im guessing that this is probablly a lag issue of some sort? ya?
so before i go in and start to play doctor i thought id come and ask the real doctor, hehe.
what do you think?
so i go in there and add a bit of longer of a pause in the pull between the drop into bottle bag and the pull bottles to put into the packi?

or do you think there may be something else going on here?

thanks for taking the time to have a look.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
C2 - was playing with your script and noticed that for hiding i get a you must wait error at 10s but works fine at 11.

Also the wait on stealth is 5 sec.

So i modified your code to

Code: [Select]
sub stealth
repeat
gosub menubuttons
gosub SkillCheck
if h notin #charstatus
  {
   set %macro 21
   event macro 13 %macro
   wait 11s
   }
if h in #charstatus
   set %macro 47
event macro 13 %macro
wait 5s
until #charghost = yes
halt
return

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
just thougth on training stealth wouldn t the satyr trick work here would take little fanagaling but i think it could be done

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
Thanks c2 .. 3more stealthers trained. well almost trained dam rot.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline yucka

• Activity:
    0%
  • yucka has no influence.
  • Where's the Any Key?
    • View Profile
Another great script! I used it to train tracking, I had it pretty much running non-stop for about 3 days starting at 33 skill. I did the newb quest in New Haven to help get to 55, then just set in Luna. I did use the Saytr trick a few times when I had a chance, but this skill is so slow gaining even in the 70's didn't seem worth it most the time except when I was at 99.3 and used a scroll of Alarcity went got discorded and got a .5 gain. Anyways, Thanks for another great script!

-edit- @Outlaw Josey Wales, It does work as I tried it yesterday. The main problem you run into is you would have to hide, stealth, the unhide beause if you are hidden for too long, even if standing right next to the satyr you will lose the discord.

-yucka
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:46:09 AM by yucka »

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
could use smokebombs to rehide i think u could work it out to gain good with it

Offline yucka

• Activity:
    0%
  • yucka has no influence.
  • Where's the Any Key?
    • View Profile
Or Eggs which are a lot easier to make hehe. But yeah, or you could hide, take one step to activate stealth, do something to unhide, repeat which I think would be more effective with using the satyr trick. Problem is, would need another script to make this happen.

-yucka

Tags: