Author Topic: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer  (Read 153213 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 12:45:32 PM »
+1
Im getting an issue when I have placed a trap that did not bob but instead disappeared, the script seems to not releize that it is gone.  Its a nice script though makes Lobstering easier specially since they fixed the move around the box bug making you have to go out and get the real thing.

I would imagine u missed a set in the directions about name parts.... check there

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 09:53:08 AM »
+1
C2,

The Lobster and Crab Farmer ran all night, with no problems at all.  I see where you are going to add the possibility of allowing you to use a Legacy Ship where you can place 4 traps on each side of the ship for a total of 8 traps.  You cannot mark a rune on the Legacy Ships, but need to target the ship key in order to recall to it. 

Also, if I am not mistaken, the regular Lobsters and crabs do not get used by the Quests, just the named ones, so I have been tossing those away.

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 03:19:00 PM »
+1
C2,

The Lobster and Crab Farmer ran all night, with no problems at all.  I see where you are going to add the possibility of allowing you to use a Legacy Ship where you can place 4 traps on each side of the ship for a total of 8 traps.  You cannot mark a rune on the Legacy Ships, but need to target the ship key in order to recall to it. 

Also, if I am not mistaken, the regular Lobsters and crabs do not get used by the Quests, just the named ones, so I have been tossing those away.

already done, recalls off key or rune based on menu.  need to make the menu and btw u can run 9 traps of a legacy boat.  tinker with that puzzle for a bit!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 11:35:35 PM »
+1
Ah --- that's great!  9 traps!  I will have enough Crabs and Lobsters to do 100 Quests soon!  I just have to watch TV or something while I deliver them.   I especially hate doing the Papua ones.  I am almost tempted to cancel those, but I am afraid that might hurt my chance for my first 105 Power Scroll.

So what do I need to do in order to use a Legacy Boat and target the key?
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 05:59:09 AM »
+1
Ah --- that's great!  9 traps!  I will have enough Crabs and Lobsters to do 100 Quests soon!  I just have to watch TV or something while I deliver them.   I especially hate doing the Papua ones.  I am almost tempted to cancel those, but I am afraid that might hurt my chance for my first 105 Power Scroll.

So what do I need to do in order to use a Legacy Boat and target the key?

when i release it it will be a check box on a menu or drop down.  like i said, i need to design a menu for the new version.  i also want to work with someoen on saving values before it comes out.  so it saves your favorite farming spot and will load it when u select that

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 06:08:32 PM »
+1
just curious will the new addition have a bug fix if you accidentally place a trap to close to another one it will let you choose a different location? currently if you mess up it will keep trying to place it even though you get the it is to close to another trap, or you are not close enough to throw it there....
also the current version only allows 3 traps..

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 07:52:09 PM »
+1
just curious will the new addition have a bug fix if you accidentally place a trap to close to another one it will let you choose a different location? currently if you mess up it will keep trying to place it even though you get the it is to close to another trap, or you are not close enough to throw it there....
also the current version only allows 3 traps..

i totally hate that it does that.  i will add a something that releases the repeat or asks you to try again during the initial placement...  ugg that sux when it happens.  it is on the list to address.  i will probably work that out this weekend
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 09:59:03 AM by _C2_ »

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 07:57:16 PM »
+1
i'd really like someone that is slick at saving and recalling variables to work with me on saving locations to place them bobbers.  I never really worked on it before.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 01:27:41 AM »
+1
Tm's save file sub is really slick :)

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 05:09:43 AM »
+1
Tm's save file sub is really slick :)

just need to learn to use it... have u?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2010, 11:06:26 AM »
+1
12X and Twinkle McNugget have gotten my NGFS working pretty well.  You might try that one since they can also give you some pointers.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2010, 09:57:30 AM »
+1
Alright 1.2 is released

is menu based now and has a pause (you have to pull all traps if pause is super long)

it has legacy boat option (ten traps)
land option... seen folks find some creative locations beyond bucs and papua
new boats option (not too efficient)

it has shortened code as mentioned it would after the initial test

will allow replacement after a missplace of a trap

should not miss any dumping of lobsters and crabs... added fail safe to find dump bag

leaves traps in when it refills and dumps since the last patch change has bobbers working differently

has SJ and more flexible naming and rune locations
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:00:16 AM by _C2_ »

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2010, 10:54:15 AM »
+1
other notes..
it auto finds key for legacy boat... if u have multiple keys for some reason it will prompt u to target the correct one.

also if you select legacy boat.. it defaults you to 10 trap locations regardless of menu

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2010, 11:33:39 AM »
+1
minor change made in drop and refill subs.  may save you 22 seconds in drop off runs 1.3.  nothing major at all

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2010, 12:58:58 PM »
+1
seems that the legacy trap placement does not work  if initial placement is messed up due to not having enough traps for the initial set-up.  it is in directions to have enough but future versions will do an initial trap check.

it has been tested with medium regular boat... not rested with dragon versions.  plz post results for your boat sizes.  they all should work fine
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 01:05:05 PM by _C2_ »

Tags: