Author Topic: C2's Dungeon and Shore Fisherman Public Version  (Read 37593 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
C2's Dungeon and Shore Fisherman Public Version
« on: May 22, 2011, 03:15:39 PM »
+1
C2's Dungeon and Shore Fisherman Public 1.1c

This script has been a private script of mine for some time now.  I actually made some tweaks to make it a easier set-up for public by not hard coding locations.  I feel like it is time to share it just like I shared the crabber.  There is a test script to play that will respond with the word valid or invalid.  Use this script to decide where to mark runes.  
   It will do both shore and dungeon fishing for you.  The tile scanning starts at one tile away and moves away up to four tiles away as it scans 360 degrees around you.  It will only fish one location out per rune.  The public version does not do multiple locations at each rune.
   It has an auto defend mode through magery but I cannot guarentee that it has all the monster ids needed.  It has a lot!  If you find one that is needed, please post the name of the monster and the id that it has.  Note that some monsters have multiple ids so check several in the spawn area.  That is feedback would be appreciated.  Auto defend mode will use super slayer books.  Do not carry any minor slayer books (ie air, fire & snow).  It does not and will not loot corpses.  I will not be adding that for the small amounts of gold it could scrounge up.
   This script allows you to set the big fish size that you wish to keep and should handle any big fish that fall to the ground.  I have really only set it up to handle the fish that I have come into contact with the most during past fishing sessions so the most common big fish are in there (Koi, fire, regular big, summer dragonfish, yellowtail...etc)
   I use an arming macro that places the item on the paperdoll.  It may or may not work for gargoyles.  I do not have a lot of time to fuss with that ATM.  If you have a gargoyle fisherman, I am sorry that this script may not work for you with slayerbooks.  I have not tested that out yet.  If this is the case, the alternative is to not put any superslayer books in your backpack.
   I hope that this makes your life easier as it has mine.  The set-up and directions are at the top of the script!  Please read the directions and suggestions carefully.  A common misunderstanding is how to use banking mode.  Banking mode requires you to get a third book with 16 banking runes (Only bank runes) and to name it banking.  Do not name fishing or dump books banking; these books are not for bank runes.  If you choose bank mode, it will ignore secure rune numbers.  Banking uses random select to select runes 1-16 out of the banking book to help reduce your impact on bank visits    

Q&A:

Q:  Will you make this use fishing baits?
A:  No, this is intended to farm fish to complete quests.

Q:  Will you make it so I can use pets with it?
A:  No

Q:  Will you be adding fighting skills instead of magery?
A:  No

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
C2's Dungeon Fisher 1.1 public.txt
C2's Spot Tester for Fishing Script.txt
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:53:40 AM by _C2_ »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: C2's Dungeon Fisherman Public Version 1.0 Beta
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 03:21:18 PM »
+1
I started playing seige because i was losing interest on GL but i now have a fisher on seige! So I'll get ya somefeed back this summer!

Thanks

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 03:25:03 PM »
+1
I started playing seige because i was losing interest on GL but i now have a fisher on seige! So I'll get ya somefeed back this summer!

Thanks

Thank you.  I have not used this version a lot.  I use my other version but it is similar in many ways.  Not a lot of changes will be going into this code but I will fix ids and bugs that were unintended.  I am just in share mode ATM.  If folks like it, they can feel free to use it  ;D.  If they don't dig it, there are other options out there for them.

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kane12 has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 04:19:17 PM »
+1
I will report back once I get a fisherman high enough to test it (next week or two).

Thanks C2!!

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 05:05:56 PM »
+1
I will report back once I get a fisherman high enough to test it (next week or two).

Thanks C2!!

enjoy, dungeon fish are actually lower skill level to fish up than deep sea fish are.  you can train skill up at any level with this by shore fishing.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
Re: C2's Dungeon and Shore Fisherman Public Version 1.0 Beta
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 08:46:41 PM »
+1
Sheesh, I had made one little change before posting and it glitched it up.  all set now.  seems to be back to normal.  1.0b posted

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 05:09:01 PM »
+1
Very easy set up. The script you set up to check the spots before marking was a great idea. Worked like a charm. Just started and been running for approx 30 minutes or so (early stages still) but offensive attacking and fishing spots and recalling working like a charm. When it drops off the fish and goes to drop the shoes, boots, etc, it is not picking up the trash barrel that is on the front block (the stair area). It says "cannot access".  I checked to see if you had an option for hard coding the trash barrel. Did not see it. I wanted to do this for a short time to collect the shoes, sandals, etc. Figured could use them to fill my footwear bods... Also kinda thought it would be a little extra gold for a new fisherman looking to make gold on a new shard (just another option for wanting to keep the footwear). Then I was going to change back to the trash barrel so I didnt get overloaded lol...

I will update more as I test.

Thanks again....loving it so far!

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 05:29:18 PM »
+1

Sorry message is saying "Cant reach that" for the trash barrel.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 07:21:41 PM by _C2_ »

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 07:23:01 PM »
+1
so,  it was using the trash barrell and then stopped or never used teh barrell.  i have a feeling it is a case of not having the id in there.  i got as many as i found over time.  you may have a diff id.  if u can id it for me that would be great!

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 07:27:03 PM by _C2_ »

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 08:04:23 PM »
+1
*Yoink*

Added to my folder of scripts I always wanted, but will probably never get to use.  Darn the depth of this game, anyway.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 08:22:37 PM »
+1
yeah, there are a few monsters that you just wont beat in hand to hand as a mage.  i'll do some testing tomorrow but it shouldnt try to drop off shoes every single trip home.  it has to have around 15 footwear pieces to kick in unless that was a chain reaction error based ona change i made to make it public. 

BKF is in the list.  thx for checking.  is your recall spot for the trash can next to the can?  i don't have a pathfind trash can feature in there so if it is up in the house, that will be an issue or if you cannot drop the shoes in from wher eyou recall in, thta will also be an issue

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 06:02:59 AM »
+1
i ll give it try when i get out of hospital

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 09:34:53 AM »
+1

Sorry message is saying "Cant reach that" for the trash barrel.

we figured it out and it was not a trash barrell issue.  odds are no on will run into this unless you place the secure on a blockable item.

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 05:14:29 PM »
+1
I ran this all day today. Only had one hang up with my character in front of my house casting e bolts. I think it was the result of lag as it only happened once (and I literally ran this all day from 8am to 6pm). There were a few instances in which the script tried fishing some spots in front of my house also from a drop off but it continued on to the next fishing spot with no problem (again I think the result of some lag).

I did set up 2 more accounts to try to run from the same PC but they were to run from a bank. I got everything set up to run and started them. They both ran for the first 2 fishing spots and then just stopped fishing. They didnt freeze up. Just stopped. My main character mentioned above continued to run as it had been.

Not sure if the script has points that it directs the mouse/curser and thus has problems running multiple scripts on the same PC or if there may be a problem with the bank setting on the script.

I will play more with it tomorrow to see what I can find further.

So bottom line one account full day run using house option with no problem at all. The two other accounts both using the bank function stopped functioning after the 2nd or 3rd spot.

PS - I just found where the two bank option scripts are hanging up....(see below line).

set %selection #Random % %bookspots

Wierd both scripts hang up on this line and the script is just stopping. Again this is only for the two accounts I am running with the bank option.

Resolved - set-up issues & a missing line in set-up on my side!  Boy we make a good team lol C2
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:21:29 PM by _C2_ »

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 08:22:52 PM »
+1
1.0c posted.

thank you Kane for finding a banking issue.  i did not copy over a line from set up when adding banking subs into the script causing a loop.  the issue is fixed in 1.0c

Tags: Fishing