Author Topic: C2's Auto Reloger  (Read 38017 times)

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: C2's Auto Reloger
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 04:33:50 PM »
+1
I think this has potential as a char logger to collect all your gifts on every shard...or does it already do that and i just can't see it in the code?

Either way, I think I have a weekend project.

:)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 05:15:13 PM »
+1
nobamma use my character toolbox .. inventory option .. just needs the gumps updated.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 05:41:02 PM »
+1
Someone said they were going to update theirs around when we had the 12th Anniversary Tickets, then again at Halloween, and now we have Christmas Tickets...   :P
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 06:12:10 PM »
+1
Someone said they were going to update theirs around when we had the 12th Anniversary Tickets, then again at Halloween, and now we have Christmas Tickets...   :P

Haha this is getting off topic here.. and i did update i got all of those tickets what you didnt haha what can i say sad very sad.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline camotbik

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • camotbik has no influence.
  • Hello! I'm a UO addict.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 03:32:19 PM »
+1
Code: [Select]
until #contsize = 640_480 || ( #scnt > %safety_timer ) || #contsize = 203_121
worked for me.
What you witness -- is whatver..
uogamers hybrid.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 02:40:26 AM »
+1
C2,

Tried to add this to 12x Mining Script and when the shard goes down, the Script does not auto-log back in when the shard goes back up.  I actually want to add this so that I can re-log four miners in with wait statements in-between, so that they do not all log in at once.  I have tried adding this to the beginning of the Script and then also to the end with the same results?  Do I put the set-up at the top and the main loop in the bottom?  What I am asking is, where do I add this as a sub to the Mining Script?  Please help...I am feeling less intelligent.

ORACLE

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 05:03:11 AM »
+1
C2,

Tried to add this to 12x Mining Script and when the shard goes down, the Script does not auto-log back in when the shard goes back up.  I actually want to add this so that I can re-log four miners in with wait statements in-between, so that they do not all log in at once.  I have tried adding this to the beginning of the Script and then also to the end with the same results?  Do I put the set-up at the top and the main loop in the bottom?  What I am asking is, where do I add this as a sub to the Mining Script?  Please help...I am feeling less intelligent.

You really should ask 12x as it is his mining script and he knows where the key cycle points ate.  My script is a matter of adding a couple lines to the right point in his main loop so it won't halt and tell you out of resources etc.  If you place at the beginning, odds are you placed it in set-up and it will never be read again.  the rest of my script goes off in the subs.  oh yeah... the set %shard stuff does go in set-up of mining script.  I don't run the mining script and he could tell u 12x faster where the breaking points are.  I would think multiple spots could do the gump check without doing harm but when u lose connection it is sitting somewhere and looping in script.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 03:56:04 AM »
+1
Hehe...12x faster... *snicker*

Actually for something like a mining script there really needs to be a check for the Disconnected gump every single time there is a response to a failed check for something. For example, the 12xMiner looks for stuff in the pack every single time you a) dig, b) recall, c) empty resources, d) make a new shovel, d) make a new tinker tool, etc, etc. At any one of these spots if it isn't happy it spits out an error. Furthermore there are many places where this or any other script can get hung up in a loop when the "disconnect" gump pops up if there isn't correct error-checking.

With that said, I think it would require many calls to the login sub throughout the script in order to check for the correct criteria to be met. Also, there needs to be "recovery" logic in the script so that it picks up where it left off correctly. For example, the shard could go down when you're in the middle of digging and when you log on it's reverted 2 minutes back to the bank in the middle of unloading but the bankbox isn't open. That requires more code logic.

I guess what I'm saying is, long story short, it could take, ummm... 12 times longer (hehe) than what you might think to get this working efficiently. I'll take a look at it though, auto-login has been on my list for the ever-elusive, Duke Nukem 4Ever, version 3.0.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 01:51:51 PM »
+1
That is perfectly understandable.  I spent a week trying to add the sub-routines in the different sections of the Mining Script.  Sometimes I could get it to re-login, but no Mining, and other times it just sat there and nothing happened...as I am not familiar with all the intricacies of the Script I went back to my saved version with the variaables added and started shoveling away...   ;)
ORACLE

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2010, 02:05:01 PM »
+1
That is perfectly understandable.  I spent a week trying to add the sub-routines in the different sections of the Mining Script.  Sometimes I could get it to re-login, but no Mining, and other times it just sat there and nothing happened...as I am not familiar with all the intricacies of the Script I went back to my saved version with the variaables added and started shoveling away...   ;)

Hehe, you found exactly what I was talking about!! Recovery is always a scripts worst nightmare IMO, there are sosososososo many things to error-check for in a script; any program at all for that matter. We used to say, all code is 10% functional logic and 90% UI!

Anyhow, I'm still at it so it could be interesting, just may take a bit.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 02:37:27 PM »
+1
it would be nice if someone started to build a script to shut down before the server shuts you down.... hrm... I think I already started that script and Is in testing phase for release... that's until I found the shards been down all day.

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 10:06:11 PM »
+1
Real Basic newbie question.

How do I adjust the timers for the situation of running several clients so that they all do not log in at the same time?

Offline nikki

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nikki has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 12:55:33 AM »
+1
not sure if anyone else has had this problem but when i try and use the script it enters account name and pass and gets to the shard select screen for about a millisecond before returning to the loggin screen. any help would be appreciated.

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 06:34:31 AM »
+1
not sure if anyone else has had this problem but when i try and use the script it enters account name and pass and gets to the shard select screen for about a millisecond before returning to the loggin screen. any help would be appreciated.

It is not recognizing the shard you typed in.  It could be:
A free shard
A misspelled shard
Or a shard with two parts to its name not entered correctly like lake Austin /lake_austin

Offline nikki

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nikki has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2012, 03:40:48 PM »
+1
ok Im on OSI Atlantic, ill try retyping and making sure the spelling is correct this time, Thanks for the help

Tags: