Author Topic: new to script running  (Read 4933 times)

Offline zoot55Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • zoot55 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
new to script running
« on: July 30, 2011, 05:10:30 PM »
ok i just looked through all the q and a and rules and i just becam a member. i am new to everything about script using i now that im a newbie i got the script that i want to use i want to know what now i know i probly got to download something and post it on there? alittle help would be nice plz and thanks

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
Re: new to script running
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 05:26:30 PM »
Well, If you haven't dowloaded it yet , your going to need EasyUO,www.easyuo.com. Once that is installed, place the script you want to run in the same directory as EUO and open it in euo, hit play and hopefully away you go.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 06:00:06 PM »
im copy and pasting it into the box and hitting play and nothing happends. Its saved in same folder as the EUO

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 06:14:01 PM »
What script what shard etc we need more info. By the way you really dont need to cut and paste - just open

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 08:02:48 PM »
remember that scriptuo doesn't run scripts its just a development environment.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 04:29:30 AM »
i tryed it with razer and it started working thanks everyone

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 07:25:35 AM »
I remember the days of watching my first script run and thinking OMG... why have I been doing things the slow way for so long.  This is a miracle!!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 07:51:56 AM »
yea that kinda how i was :) im sure the more i use it the more ill learn how to use it and the better ill be a it

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 11:33:46 AM »
I remember when I learned how to first use it.  Mining script was the one to bust my cherry!  I was amazed and probably watched the guy mine for a good hour in amazement.  Then I later learned how to run multiple scripts on different accounts at the same time.  WOOT!  Oh the madness ;D

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 08:36:04 AM »
if you use SUO to read through the script you will find it way easier to understand. the ability to go to all the subs and the gosubs, was invaluable to me to understanding the coding and structure.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 09:20:15 AM »
if you use SUO to read through the script you will find it way easier to understand. the ability to go to all the subs and the gosubs, was invaluable to me to understanding the coding and structure.

Glad someone liked that little feature.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 09:26:50 AM »
1.start SUO
2. under file select load file
3. find script u want to READ ( please note SUO defaults to .txt and some files are .euo)
4. as TM said SUO will not run scripts. but it will allow a better development and understanding just by being able to use the right hand pane to bounce around subs, gosubs, and tags.

edit and almost forgot one of my most favorite features the syntax checker for when you have missed a stupid bracket or mixed bracekts and braces.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:28:56 AM by luv2luvlong »

Tags: