Author Topic: Getting the correct item count in backpack w/o opening all containers inside?  (Read 4453 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Can this be done?  if u hover over paperdoll pack it says ... say 19 items

the problem is that 2 of the items are in a bag in your pack so when you finditem * c_ , #backpackid it say #findcnt 17.  Is there a way to read the backpack like you can on the paperdoll w/o opening and searching all little packs too?

I guess i could just ignore all items in pack too but i was interested in doing it the other way.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
One thing you can to is perform an "event property #BACKPACK".  Then just look at the second line.  There's a small problem with this because there are times when you don't get proper returned value from event property.  But when it does work, then you do get a true count of what's in your pack.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Yeah I would use event property.  When you use event property create a failsafe to count the number of "$"'s in property.  Sometimes it will return "Backback$" but not the rest.  If you do a "str count #property" then "if #strres < 2... (redo)" that should work since it should return three "lines of data" (In the #property case, one line but 2 "$"s).

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
nice.. i knew you all would throw some ideas out there.  never thought about event propertying it due to it being on the paperdoll.  cool

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
The main hitch is to be sure your paperdoll is open.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
Is there a trick to get the property to show again if it is blank?  I had two characters loaded last night and i open and closed back packs and closed reopened paperdolls and it stayed blank.  hrmm.  I see where it could be tricky. Maybe i could make the script halt until you had the backpack property showing.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Sometimes selecting something else, then selecting the backpack works.  Unfortunately that's not reliable either.  I haven't figured out a good way yet.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Using/Equiping an item can fix it.  Maybe opening the backpack would work?

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
i will toy with taking an item from the bag and dropping it back in the bag.  just opening the bag does not work.  I remember placing a new item in the bag has worked in the past now that you mention it.  Thx everyone for brainstorming this!

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
okay event property works well and here is what i am doing!

event property #backpackid
if /125 notin #property
   {
   gosub QuickDrop
   goto retry
   }
if 125/125 in #property
   set %shutdown #true

/125 does not show up when the backpack comes up blank so when i event property and it comes up blank (#backpack) i take an assigned item in the back pack and pick it up and redrop it in the pack.  that instantly resets the backpack for good.

then when the backpack gets to 125/125 in #property i halt the script!!!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
good solution c2.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: