Poll

Are you wondering this too?

Yes?
5 (100%)
No?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Iron Beetle  (Read 4389 times)

Offline anarchyPenguinTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • anarchyPenguin has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Iron Beetle
« on: October 27, 2009, 08:49:11 PM »
Does anyone have any solid information on the "a iron beetle" a friend of mine tamed one just after SA release and here's what we can and can't do with it.

Since Publish 61, he still cannot transfer it to me and it is bonded.
Cannot feed it ore, of any color by dropping it on him.
Can't mine it.

I'm a GM miner, and he's a tamer and I've scoured the net looking for solid info, but there appears to be none. Just figured I'd ask you gurus if you knew anything about it.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Beetle
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 09:06:47 PM »
I rember thier being lots of discussion on this in beta.. but i didnt read it :(

I vagely rember something about the beetle mining... were are they found ?
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline anarchyPenguinTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • anarchyPenguin has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 08:01:32 AM »
Ok the Iron Beetle spawns in the Goblin Caves in the far back by a bunch of wolf spiders and they're used in a quest also from what I read. Here is some gathered information on them.

On Publish 61 they stated that "Iron Beetles will no longer require Animal Taming to control. (SA Still a requirement though.)"
I tested this in game with a beetle tamed just after SA came out, before this publish. Could not transfer to a miner with 0 taming. Contacted a GM about it, and after re paging them 3 times to get them to really read my question, they said it was put in for further investigation. I did submit it on the bug page.

We tried feeding the Beetle Ores, but to no avail. We get the message "There is no container to put that in.". He will however eat meat.

I read somewhere that a guy did some research on his beetle in the following manner.
After beetle ate Ore 4 - 5 times, used Animal Lore to check Barding Difficulty. Barding Difficulty raised by .1 theorizing that these animals have an actual mining skill.

We have tried telling the beetle to "Drop" what it has, but it drops nothing even after it spits out ore.

Context menu on the beetle can be set just like any mining utility. Ore, Gems, Granite, You get the picture. BUT I have not seen a beetle that can actually mine anything besides Ore and I know that the rest of them were "disabled" in beta. My theory is that if you can mind Granite, then your beetle can mine Granite.

The beetles DO bond.

The beetles DO spawn different colors, which leads to the question as to why? My partner did notice that the colors of the beetles followed the colors of the ores. Could this have something to do with better stats?

Someone stated somewhere that the devs said that Iron Beetles weren't quite ready before the launch of SA so maybe they'll be fixed in an upcoming Publish.

If you have any information please help us out and post. Theories? Post them too! Your own research? Post it!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 05:04:57 PM »
I know almost a 2 year old post im rezzing.

I've just acquired an Iron beetle...I couldn't transfer it to my 0 tamer miner... so i put it on my tamer char for now.
Does anyone have any updated/additional  info from whats above or in the links which is basically nothing.

http://www.uoguide.com/Iron_Beetle
http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=hunters&id=2818
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 06:50:16 PM »
- The mining is essentially random.  To my knowledge, there is no "all kill" analog to command your beetle to mine
- The colors are a results of eating ore.  Occasionally, the beetle will eat ore it encounters on the ground.  The beetle assumes the color of the ore it last ate.
- These things are essentially useless.  A novelty only, and a poorly designed one at that. 

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 07:04:47 PM »
ow well at least i only paid 10k for it .. i guess it can rot in my stable until a usage is found for it

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 07:07:14 PM »
I believe I heard that sometimes they eat ore on the ground and crap out ore of a better color....

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 07:22:25 PM »
I believe I heard that sometimes they eat ore on the ground and crap out ore of a better color....

Now THAT would be amazing.  I have a couple 60K piles of iron that could really benefit from being Shadow ore instead =D.  Anyone care to test this?

I can't really believe they would do this, but then I couldn't believe they'd enable TC command son prodo shards, either...

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 07:45:30 PM »

Now THAT would be amazing.  I have a couple 60K piles of iron that could really benefit from being Shadow ore instead =D.  Anyone care to test this?

I can't really believe they would do this, but then I couldn't believe they'd enable TC command son prodo shards, either...

I also recall speculation that they sometimes enrich the ore spot you're mining at but I never saw any pictures or confirmations about it.

Tags: