Author Topic: I just had a thought about being teleported by trick or treating  (Read 5937 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
I just had a thought about being teleported by trick or treating
« on: November 02, 2009, 06:53:35 AM »
Say if you happen to see the naughty twin appear.. and drag something onto the cursor, would it stop you from being teleported?  The you just drop it in your pack after the time had passed?  Super easy to code if that is the case.  I would like to add that option.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
Re: I just had a thought about being teleported by trick or treating
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 07:12:53 AM »
Say if you happen to see the naughty twin appear.. and drag something onto the cursor, would it stop you from being teleported?  The you just drop it in your pack after the time had passed?  Super easy to code if that is the case.  I would like to add that option.

I actually thought about the same thing last night C2... great minds think alike I guess LOL.  Anyways, I havent seen your "this years version" of the trick or treater yet...I havent been blessed with Elite yet :P lol.  I am still using your last years version, which works well still for me, I just dont afk it, and recall back home when teleported away.

I was actually planning to try to add the mod you spoke about into your last years script this afternoon when I get off work.  I did however try last night, just picking up something and holding it on my cursor all the time... that of course did not work, it caused the script to sit in a loop because it could never click on the deed to make the guide.  Same thing happens if you get the guide up first, you cant dismiss it while holding something on your cursor... that was trying by manually lifting the item, i assume that lifting it with the exevent drag command would yeild the same results.  However, if you scan journal and see the twin, then drag an object, for "x" amount of time before dropping it again, then after dropping you dismiss the npc you would probably be ok I think.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 07:31:57 AM »
If you have the ID of this "evil twin" you could do a search for it, if it appears drag some predetermined item from your pack, use #LLiftedKind to ensure you have it on cursor, then wait till the thing is gone and drop it back into the pack.

XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 07:36:00 AM »
If you have the ID of this "evil twin" you could do a search for it, if it appears drag some predetermined item from your pack, use #LLiftedKind to ensure you have it on cursor, then wait till the thing is gone and drop it back into the pack.

You know how many times I've done that to not teleport in Hyth?  Why didn't I think of that? :)

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 08:17:04 AM »
well, I scan journal for naughty twin.  then pause to handle possible teleporting.  A drag routine would just just hold up the routine and releasing would not be an issue.  I could even make the script release while something on the cursor, i think.  either way it wouldn't matter if u waited.  The question still remains... will you not get teleported. 

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 09:35:53 AM »
only way to find out is to try it.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 10:42:31 AM »
The teleporting is the most annoying part of 'Trick or Treating' this year.  I have Trick or Treated in the Tokuno Shops and it teleports me to one of the Tokuno Gates, Isamu, I think it is called.  When I get teleported there I almost always get a 'Gate Crash Error' and I don't even go thru the gate.

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 10:51:05 AM »
better than dying.....
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Drak

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Drak has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 11:39:13 AM »
I tried the teleporting thing and it didnt work for me  :(

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 11:47:47 AM »
I tried the teleporting thing and it didnt work for me  :(

Huh?  Be a little more specific please.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 02:13:31 PM »
C2 I went though this and tried it several times. holding a pizza, speelbook, gold and an axe.  Each time it still teleported me and I had the item under my cursor holding it out.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 03:23:47 PM »
Not that hard to use TM's recall subs and a rail to bring you back home every time...

:)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 04:01:32 PM »
Not that hard to use TM's recall subs and a rail to bring you back home every time...

Nope not at all.  But not the point of this discussion either !!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 04:30:33 PM »
*duly chastised*

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 07:15:59 PM »
I just got home... err Mondays are long.  thx for checking into it.

Tags: