Author Topic: Best way to train magery on pets.  (Read 8730 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Best way to train magery on pets.
« on: November 05, 2009, 09:42:14 AM »
so i was wondering what the best way is to rain magery on pets.  Everything gains fast but magery and sometimes it seems like they are just there doing melle skills which are already gm and not casting for long windows of time with full mana when lored.  i am trying doing an all kill every 30 seconds but with mixed results.  So how do u make them cast as much as possible?

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to train magery on pets.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 10:28:49 AM »
Make them cast spells.

Yeah I know, it sounds like a smartazz thing to say, but it's the truth.

I have a floor in my house with stable stalls. When I train magery on something, I tame a CU and put it in the stall. Then I release it. I get my caster and put it in another stall. Then periodically tell it to kill the Cu.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 10:30:00 AM »
OH, and to train resist just get another account and cast the quick curse spells, feeblemind, weaken and clumsy(?). Do that for a few hours and you'll GM their resist.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 10:35:40 AM »
Some people take them to places where the mobs won't pathfind to them and tell them to kill a caster.
The little area right above the swoop spawn comes to mind trying to kill a changeling.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 11:05:18 AM »
k so that is what i was starting to think.. put soem space between them and make them only have casting coice.  thx for confirmation.  i think i will try boats

Scrripty

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 11:07:10 AM »
k so that is what i was starting to think.. put soem space between them and make them only have casting coice.  thx for confirmation.  i think i will try boats

You could also discord them so they go up faster.... ;)

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 11:25:33 AM »
I like to train most of my skills on a Pet with a Shadow Elemental, that I have dug up.  This trains most of the skills, including Magery. The Shadow Elemental takes virtually no damage and stays active as long as the Pet is logged in.  

To train Resist, take your Pet to Felucca in an unpopulated, secluded area and have a Mage with 0 (Zero) Evaluate Intelligence cast Energy Fields, as many in a line as possible.  Have your Pet walk through the energy fields, over and over again.  Keep having your friend cast the Energy Fields and in less than an hour, the resist will go from 50 to 100/GM in no time.  Keep going if your Pet can have higher resists, like a Greater Dragon.  You also cannot be "in a Guild" at the time you are doing this.

If you want to just train Magery, there is a way that takes a little bit of patience, but it is worth it.  Go to where the swoops spawn. Wait (or force) until a Swoop lands on the Rocks and then have your Pet attack it.  It will only be able to cast spells on the Swoop as it can't reach it.  (this way works if you can't customize a house like Cerveza was explaining).
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 11:42:53 AM »

If you want to just train Magery, there is a way that takes a little bit of patience, but it is worth it.  Go to where the swoops spawn. Wait (or force) until a Swoop lands on the Rocks and then have your Pet attack it.  It will only be able to cast spells on the Swoop as it can't reach it.  (this way works if you can't customize a house like Cerveza was explaining).

You can usually catch a changeling or a Cu-Sidhe in the passage above the quicksand area easier than catching Swoop on the rocks.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 11:50:51 AM »
You can usually catch a changeling or a Cu-Sidhe in the passage above the quicksand area easier than catching Swoop on the rocks.

Very true, better method!  Sometimes I think my toon is "silly" and just likes to chase that bird around with his 'Greater Dragon' in tow...
ORACLE

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 12:37:30 PM »
shadows are great for melle and poor for magery.  resist i always weaken spam and better yet if it is a mount i cast with on my mount while i am mounted.  that was the first thing gm'd while training melle

Magery is flying now.  i stuck a cu on a boat and am healing it while i attack it from island.  it is constant casting which was the goal.  thx for all the input everyone.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 12:58:17 PM »
I like to train most of my skills on a Pet with a Shadow Elemental, that I have dug up.  This trains most of the skills, including Magery. The Shadow Elemental takes virtually no damage and stays active as long as the Pet is logged in.  

To train Resist, take your Pet to Felucca in an unpopulated, secluded area and have a Mage with 0 (Zero) Evaluate Intelligence cast Energy Fields, as many in a line as possible.  Have your Pet walk through the energy fields, over and over again.  Keep having your friend cast the Energy Fields and in less than an hour, the resist will go from 50 to 100/GM in no time.  Keep going if your Pet can have higher resists, like a Greater Dragon.  You also cannot be "in a Guild" at the time you are doing this.

Don't you mean paralyze fields?

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 01:01:40 PM »
Don't you mean paralyze fields?

Ooppss!  Strike that -- not energy fields, paralyze fields...

Uh Oh...two strikes...need to hit a Home Run now!  (Is it still Baseball Season?)
ORACLE

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 01:34:33 PM »
I mean casting weaken over and over on pets for resist.  it is fast as hell

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 02:52:08 PM »
To train resist on a non-spellcasting monster:

Drag a bunch of spectral spellbinders to the house in old haven with a crumbled SE corner.  Put your pet inside and have it attack all the spellbinders outside.  Takes about 2hrs, if nothing interferes.

Golden.

:)

Tags: