Author Topic: Does UO currently have any Anti-Scripting code? I'm getting Random disconnects.  (Read 2214 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
So I've been script killing Thrasher lately with a toon built for the purpose, but I've noticed my character is randomly getting disconnected quite frequently.    I'm casting spells / Moving / looting etc so definately performing actions that in the past have kept me logged in.  Just wondering if they put in something sneaky....  perhaps if the mouse doesn't move around etc.. ?

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
You getting lag or just random kick? I've been getting discons since i came back a few months ago but i believe it's either server side lag spikes or some new recall crash for me. (resource scripting)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
I guess it could be random lag spikes, but enough that I get "connection lost" is very rare fore me.  It's definitely not recall / sacred journey related since I don't do either...   Just wasn't sure.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Does it happen if you are just sitting in one place, or are you always running a particular script?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
I guess it could be random lag spikes, but enough that I get "connection lost" is very rare fore me.  It's definitely not recall / sacred journey related since I don't do either...   Just wasn't sure.

When they see you doing some action and it looks to much routined they could manually kick you and see if you reconnect. Lets say if you dont reconnect they can be pretty sure u runned a script and be afk.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
@ TM..   I'm using Running rails & moving 12 times / Min or so...

@ Chrome..  I guess it could be a GM, but if that was the case I think they would simply ask if I was there & perma boot me after no response.   Unless of course UO is so hard up for subscribers that they are simply disconnecting scripters now with no action taken.....  Heh I like that idea but I'm sure not going to test it myself!

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
I get alot of random disconnects also.  It could be while script lj'ing, farming barbed leather, or macroing a skill.
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Tags: