Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester v1.19  (Read 349772 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester v1.16
« Reply #345 on: May 19, 2009, 07:12:41 PM »
Heh, well not supporting this for freeshards kinda means we won't answer questions about it.  :)

That said, I can bump you in certain directions.  The quester uses item #FINDTYPE and not the actual name of the item, so if you can determine what the #FINDTYPE is and see if it's different for your particular shard.  Problem is that even certain RunUO shards have different systems implementing Heartwood content since the base RunUO 2.0 code doesn't implement any Mondain's Legacy content, so one shard might have different values than another.

The best thing you can do is to single-step through the code and see how it's breaking.  Also, study up on how to determine what the #FINDTYPE of an item is (I have a script here that tells you all kinds of information about a targeted item).

Most of all, a search through the code looking for "%tool" can be quite enlightening.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 07:16:00 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Valeth

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Valeth has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 19, 2009, 07:14:57 PM »
Thank you for the quick reply. I'll be studying up on the script until it starts to make sense at a glance. I'm looking forward to eventually contributing with my own scripts in the future.
Courage is not the absence of fear. Its doing whats right in the presence of fear.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #347 on: May 19, 2009, 07:22:39 PM »
BTW, here's a link to the item information script:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=188.0

Sorry about the stance regarding freeshards, but when everyone is playing their own implementations of heartwood, I get totally swamped with PMs, ICQs, and general questions.  It was driving me crazy!!!  :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 07:24:16 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Valeth

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 19, 2009, 07:36:15 PM »
Okay, just about have it knocked out. The script is running but only after a bit of help. For instance, I have the initial setup done. Everything works flawlessly until it recalls to Heartwood. At that point, my runebook stays open and I have to manually walk into the gate. I'm not sure how to add a line or where to close the book or why it recalls and instantly opens. I believe thats all thats needed. If anyone can point me in the right direction from here, it would be most appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 09:24:16 PM by Valeth »
Courage is not the absence of fear. Its doing whats right in the presence of fear.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 20, 2009, 03:00:53 PM »
why would your rune book be open after a recall?
does it open your rune book after the recall?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #350 on: May 20, 2009, 03:07:15 PM »
RunUO leaves it open.  It's just the way it works.

Also, these routines are already supposed to close the runebook gump (I developed these originally for RunUO).  So if it's still staying open, then you'll have to determine what that is.  Locate this part of the code:

Code: [Select]
  if #CONTNAME = generic_gump && #CONTSIZE = 452_236 ; RunUO close runebook
  {
    set !clickx #CONTPOSX + 120
    set !clicky #CONTPOSY + 60
    click !clickx !clicky mc r
    wait 5
  }

In TM_TravelFromRunebook.  Verify that the gump is in fact named generic_gump and the #CONTSIZE is 452_236.  If this is the case, then the gump should be closed.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Valeth

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 20, 2009, 05:55:18 PM »
I changed the #CONTSIZE as suggested because it was different. I had (if #CONTNAME = generic_gump && #CONTSIZE = 420_280) However it did not close the book. The book seems to be a minor problem though. I believe my issues are stemming from the rail. I'm in the process of learning about rails so that I can change them for the RUNUO 2.0 servers. For instance, the rail walks south of the teleporter meaning that I have to manually walk north into the gate after the rail kicks in. At this point, the script is flawless and amazing to boot. I tried setting the recall point north of the gate and my character walks into the gate but then stops and I get the message "cant get there" multiple times. Also, when my wood is all used up from the beetle and he begins to leave heartwood, he doesnt make it to the gate. I think that logic points towards needing a rail designed for RUNUO. All in all, you've been extremely helpful and I've enjoyed what little I've learned over the last couple days and I do appreciate it.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #352 on: May 20, 2009, 06:06:41 PM »
Well the "IF" statement is just there to accommodate differences between RunUO and OSI, so if you are just going to be using it, you can just remove it and just include the meat in the brackets.  That'll close it for sure in that "R" means to right click the area and close the window.. ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #353 on: May 20, 2009, 06:08:27 PM »
Your rail problems are exactly why I didn't want to support it.  ;)

Just about anyone can implement their server-side code for Mondain's Legacy, and chances are EVERYONE will be different.  There's really where you will be on your own.  Sorry.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Valeth

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 20, 2009, 06:15:32 PM »
Your rail problems are exactly why I didn't want to support it.  ;)

Just about anyone can implement their server-side code for Mondain's Legacy, and chances are EVERYONE will be different.  There's really where you will be on your own.  Sorry.

No need to apologize. I wouldnt learn anything if your script just fell over with its legs in the air. It will much more rewarding if I learn to make my own rail.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #355 on: May 20, 2009, 06:21:55 PM »
I'm glad to see that you are taking initiative and trying to create solutions for the issues you find on your particular server.  It's good to see people take that up!  Kudos to you (really and true!)

I looking forward to seeing what you come up with.  Since you are working on this with obvious initiative, please don't hesitate asking whatever question comes to mind.  I don't mind helping people who choose to try and help themselves.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline jevislai

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jevislai has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 22, 2009, 05:10:09 AM »
i look for this script for long long long time!!!
thank you so much!!!!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 22, 2009, 06:21:17 AM »
Your account has been changed to restricted. You won't be able to do much on the ScriptUO forums.

This is probably due to your first post being a request or comment instead of an introduction.

Please read the SITE RULES. After that try posting a good introduction and we'll see about removing that restriction and allowing you access to one of the best UO Scripts sites around.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 22, 2009, 01:56:25 PM »
ouch... Community Service on the first day

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #359 on: May 22, 2009, 02:07:55 PM »
ouch... Community Service on the first day

Cerveza is mean.  :)

There's around 37 restricted people now.  Jeez.  One little introductory post...  Good grief.

Next step is automatic restriction upon registration.  Don't make me do that....
Come play RIFT with me!