Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester v1.19  (Read 349515 times)

Offline Dwallace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Dwallace has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester v1.16
« Reply #360 on: May 25, 2009, 07:48:12 PM »
i have a problem i set the script up everythign runs fine get down in heartwood and when the script goes to choose the quest it just keeps running throug them and doesnt choose one. any idea on y???

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 26, 2009, 05:31:57 AM »
A common occurrence. Please read through this post in it's ENTIRETY, and I think you'll find your answer.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Dwallace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Dwallace has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 26, 2009, 04:36:40 PM »
i read through everything and i do have my video card set to 32 bit but its still doing the same thing wont choose the quest just keeps going through them

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 26, 2009, 04:48:05 PM »
Do you have anything else up and running at the same time?? Sometimes this script does not like multi-tasking :)
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #364 on: May 26, 2009, 05:12:52 PM »
Are you playing OSI?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 26, 2009, 07:54:49 PM »
Not sure if you ever tried this TM but I wrote a heartwood script before for personal use and before I crafted my items I would get the toggle quest item cursor up, and as I crafted them I would toggle them.  It cut back a few seconds on each quest and really sped things up.  I'm sure it could get hairy with real high ping or slow computers, but it worked almost flawlessly for me.  I believe I was averaging about 20 seconds or under per footstool quest.  Thought I'd throw that out there if you haven't tried it.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #366 on: May 26, 2009, 10:54:18 PM »
Yup, we do this in the 2.0 quester.  The first go around does the computation, but subsequent ones actually just select it.  We leave the slow version for the masses.... :p

However the published version is pretty universal in that it will make the correct selection regardless of where it appears in the context menu.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:55:49 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 29, 2009, 07:19:39 PM »
There is a bug where if you get:

The quest down in heart wood:
Glassy Foe - Ryal
Dust to Dust -  Aniel
Circle of Life - Mielani

Does this bug still work?  Tried it and it didnt notice a difference, still scrolls through multiple quests half the time before it gets to the arch support.
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 29, 2009, 08:43:06 PM »
i read through everything and i do have my video card set to 32 bit but its still doing the same thing wont choose the quest just keeps going through them

TM and Cerveza don't yell at me for this because I know the rule is "Do not touch the mouse" but....the problem Dwallace  is having is something that happens quite often on both my computers and I run the Quester 24/7 VM on both computers.

The problem is solved for me by just clicking on the game screen a few times to ensure the cursor is actually in the UO game window. I'm not sure exactly what the issue with the cursor is but for some reason the cursor remains in windowed mode/EUOmode per se and it's not in UO Game screen so to speak if that make any sense even though it's toggling through all the various quests.

All I know is that it has worked for me umpteen times. And I still do this regulary. I always check to make sure I'm not just toggling through quests endlessly...because of the issue with the cursor.

I don't touch the mouse until my sprite has actually parked himself in heartwood and started toggling through the quests. Once he's toggling and I see he's not selecting anything then I click on the Big Open grey area inside the Quest Menu above the select a few times and bam next thing I know he's accepting quests and good to go til server down.

Maybe I should have posted this awhile ago eh'? Some tester I am!  ???

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #369 on: May 30, 2009, 03:11:53 AM »
Thanks Ultima for that bit of information.  I already modified the Q/A section with your input. :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 30, 2009, 06:36:19 AM »
Just a quick question about using virtual machines, I only have a 2.8 gigherz dual core machine with 2 gigs of memory and the virtual machine seems to run at best 70% of the speed of my main quester.  I have tried changing memory settings and processer affinity settings.  I am using xp service pack 3 and xp service pack 2 in the virtual machine.  I am using the microsoft virtual machine is that my speed problem?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #371 on: May 30, 2009, 10:54:25 AM »
@Petkiller:  My guess is that you've probably done just about all you can to speed things up.  Even though you have mulitple processors, you still have to share resources to get things working.  70% seems a little low, but that just could be the price you pay for using the MS product.  I also notice a speed-slowdown in VMware, but after I got my quad core 3.0G/8GB Phenom2, I don't notice much slowdown even with 3 VMs.  However I can't quantify the speed.  I'm just glad to be able to be doing more than one thing at once.  :)  Beats my Timex Sinclair.  heh.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #372 on: May 30, 2009, 10:56:30 AM »

Does this bug still work?  Tried it and it didnt notice a difference, still scrolls through multiple quests half the time before it gets to the arch support.

Not sure Hoby, I'm busy in other places in UO at the moment.  About 2 weeks ago, it still worked for me, but who knows what's changed?  Frankly it would be pretty darn silly for them to change that kind of game mechanic.  It would effect non-scripters more than scripters.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 01, 2009, 07:28:42 PM »
there's this guy on my shard that doubles my speed with the quester. I doubt he's running 2.0.  it might be the fact that I use the Claw as my item Evaluator.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #374 on: June 01, 2009, 07:38:58 PM »
There are some that don't even use item evaluation other than looking for the kits.  If you look at the CLAw execution time, it's less than 1 second.  They might actually bring in the bows/stools from outside instead of crafting them there also.   There's quite a few custom questers out there and I constantly get PMs about people wanting to modify our for this and that.

For the 2.0 quester using the single quest selection "bug/feature", the quester runs iterations at 31 seconds for me.  For someone to double your speed would be impossible unless they are bringing the stuff in.
Come play RIFT with me!