Author Topic: SUO Launcher - Feedback  (Read 48278 times)

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: SUO Launcher - Feedback
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 07:01:06 AM »
+1
OK - downloaded the file above
extracted to desktop
changed to admin using compatibility tab
run app
then nothing or error message

I am running malware bytes and Microsoft security

Windows 7, 8 ? Xp?  Windows 95?  <- jk on that one haha

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 08:17:33 AM »
+1
extracted to desktop
run app

Windows 7, 8 ? Xp?  Windows 95?  <- jk on that one haha

hehehehehe - Win 7

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 08:32:39 AM »
+1
extracted to desktop
run app

It sounds like your virus protection. Do you have the paid version or free version of Malware Bytes? Free does not scan in the background, so if free it would only block it if you were doing a scan. My guess would be Microsoft security. It is most likely disabling it. I know Norton removed it and I had to go in and restore it through Norton.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 08:50:09 AM »
+1
I'll disable both and check
Thanks

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 09:14:58 AM »
+1
I'll disable both and check
Thanks

Wasn't this working for you before, Gim? 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 09:34:49 AM »
+1
No first time I had time to try it!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2015, 10:04:18 AM »
+1
No first time I had time to try it!

Well hopefully the suggestions from Crisis will help.  I remember having an issue similar on my Win2003 server VM, and I *can't* remember how I fixed it.  I think it was admin rights, but I can't be sure because I was in the middle of a flurry of testing.  That was also before breaking out my notebook (paper one) to take notes as I think of things to add/test.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2015, 10:21:31 AM »
+1
Gawd, now rejected by Amazon affiliates.  WTF?  Ok, I had to add a link to the main page of the site and hopefully that will be enough to make them reconsider.   I thought that cat was in the bag...
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 03:10:43 AM »
+1
Additional Notice : Qihoo full Security counts it as malware. You have to allow it then.

It works great so far, the ads are a bit annoying but its fine for me else all works flawless...

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2015, 08:50:53 PM »
+1
It works great so far, the ads are a bit annoying but its fine for me else all works flawless...

Yes they are, aren't they.... :)

Seriously, the Amazon links may have to go away as they are being buttheads.  I'll pull the chitika ads because they sucks.  I'll figure out how to work in the 200x200 google ads though.  I love those ads because they are VERY good contextual ads that target your favorite things.  I acually love clicking them because they are interesting for me much of the time.  (example of the 2nd google ad at the bottom of this site)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:00:13 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 12:23:28 AM »
+1
Of course Google ads are going to be a pain in the ass as well. Google doesn't allow you to open up a window or a tab, but only open on the same page.  So it will be hard in .net to figure out.  Adsense has so many rules.   It looks like I may have to break a few of those rules in order to get this thing to work.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 08:57:51 PM »
+1
Not sure if it is intended, but when i hover over the top right ad, it opens the webpage right away, without a click :P

P.S. it seems to happen right when an ad changes.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2015, 09:09:18 PM »
+1
Not sure if it is intended, but when i hover over the top right ad, it opens the webpage right away, without a click :P

P.S. it seems to happen right when an ad changes.

Definitely not intended, but something I haven't quite worked out yet.  Google makes doing things a pain, so I'm trying to figure out how to be clever....

I noticed that too, so that issue was in the release notes on the download thread.

You figured out it was a hover thing.  Took me a while to figure out why the damn page kept opening!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2015, 09:59:09 PM »
+1
The update lets me LAUNCH !!!  boom, However it does not currently save the address when I exit and re launch. I just re pasted the path and it works :P

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2015, 10:17:40 PM »
+1
Try to click the "Update" Button.  That'll update all shard info in either personal or favorites tabs.  I'll make it work a little more automagically.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 10:19:36 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: