Casa de TrailMyx > Home Entertainment PCs

XBMC

(1/6) > >>

Ultima:

TrailMyx:
I'll give this a go.  I just sat through a couple movies on my HPC.  One DVD and one Bluray with zero issues.  I'm loving this integration and their software.  I'll be donating for sure.

Ultima:
What are you playing Blu Rays with? The Default XBMC player?

I edited my XML file, rather poorly I might add, to have VLC as my 'external' video player. It kinda defeats the purpose but with XBMC the BD quality was terrible.

TrailMyx:
I converted my Blurays to mkv format and just use vanilla XBMC.  I guess I haven't done much side by side comparison, but it was very acceptable on my 1080p plasma.  Where I notice a quality issue is with the DVDs.  Since there is no up-conversion going on with XBMC, that's pretty noticeable.

Ultima:
Just played around a little more with the Aeon MQ4 skin and it is the best skin I've used to date. Options galore!

Now for the first time I'm actually wishing I had a NAS to store my 700 Movies on. I'm currently using a 2T internal HD to play the movies I want and rotate new movies in from my External 3Ts.

H265 should be hitting the market in the near future and HD capacity should also increase in the next year or two beyond 3T Capacity.

Seeing how movie indexing software is evolving like XBMC AEON MQ4 along with the eventual changes to HD capacity plus H265 we're going to be able to build some pretty insane HTPCs in the coming years. It's not bad now but in the future it's only going to get better!

Lots of fun! 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version