Author Topic: I'll share this when it's finished (I don't embarass easily)  (Read 3740 times)

Offline GrandewdTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Grandewd has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
I'll share this when it's finished (I don't embarass easily)
« on: August 20, 2013, 11:50:29 PM »
I'm still making my massive all in one daily menu and would sure like to use graphic files in it. But I'm stuck trying to implement "Menu Image File" successfully. I posted this first on EasyUO out of respect for Cheffe and all he has done for our amazing game... But, I'm also posting it here because of the often present brainpower at this url....   8)

and if doin' this wasn't so much fun - I swear I'd get a life.... But all good things do come to an end, and I'm pretty close to the end of all the fun about now.....   :roll:

I've tried every Menu command that I can find in the docs - but I can't implement ( menu Image File ) in my menu.  
The definition of menu Image File says:  

The menu Image File command loads an external image file at position x/y within the specified image.  
name is a valid EUO name. it should match the name used with the menu Image Create command.
The X and Y values provided to this command are relative to within the Image created with the menu Image Create command, not the window itself. Therefore, menu Image File Test 0 0 test.bmp will place the image at the top right of the image container, not the top right of the window.
filename must be a valid path to an existing file.

For one thing - how does an image at 0 0 get anywhere near the top RIGHT of the window, unless the window is transparent and the writing is on the OTHER side? And what, exactly, constitutes a "valid EUO name"?   I mean.....
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:01:42 AM by Grandewd »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: I'll share this when it's finished (I don't embarass easily)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 04:18:35 AM »
I thought 0,0 was top left!
Move your cursor around screen with EUO open to see where coordinates are.

But I think that is for an image in a image.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:20:32 AM by gimlet »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 06:16:41 AM »

For one thing - how does an image at 0 0 get anywhere near the top RIGHT of the window, unless the window is transparent and the writing is on the OTHER side? And what, exactly, constitutes a "valid EUO name"?   I mean.....

Having never used the menu image commands myself... but from reading your posted copy of the command syntax " Image created with the menu Image Create command, not the window itself."

Have you done menu image create   prior to menu image file ??
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 07:57:07 AM »
I try and avoid using menu image for anything.  You'll notice that the bitmaps will resize on different machines which can be very annoying.  I might have some sample code I can post for you to at least show you how to do things.  As for the resizing issues, I never figured a way around it.

Here's a little snippet out of my sos autofarmer that loads 3 different size maps for navigation:

Code: [Select]
;---------------------------------------------------------------------
sub SetMapSize
  namespace push
  namespace local MAP
  set !list %1
  set !mapsize_in %2
  set !force_cal %3
  menu delete EUOBrittania
  menu Image Create EUOBrittania !xloc !yloc 400 400
  if !mapsize_in = 1
  {
    menu Image File EUOBrittania 0 0 #CURPATH , britania_small.jpg
  }
  if !mapsize_in = 2
  {
    menu Image File EUOBrittania 0 0 #CURPATH , britania.jpg
  }
  if !mapsize_in = 3
  {
    menu Image File EUOBrittania 0 0 #CURPATH , britania_big.jpg
  }
  gosub TM_DeleteAllPoints !list #FALSE ; also remove list
  gosub HideAllZones EUOListLandZones
  gosub HideAllZones EUOListSeaZones
  set !mapsize !mapsize_in
  set %mapsize !mapsize_in
  if !force_cal = #TRUE
  {
    set %calibrated #FALSE
    menu set EUOStatus WARNING! You must re-calibrate your map area to see SOS marks.
  }
  namespace pop
return
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:01:47 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 09:49:34 AM »
Dang!  I just found these great reply's but can't study them till tonight.... Grrrr

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 12:08:53 PM »
Ok, here's where I'm at right now:

I've been playing with Kal's Imgpic and Janus's conversion tool (both amazing pieces of work, btw) - as well as Cheffe's Menu Image File, and I have one question:

Is it possible to use an image (put in place by Menu Image File) as a button? I mean can I make a button transparent so the image appears to be the button and the actual button underneath works as a button?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 07:11:28 PM »
I try and avoid using menu image for anything.  You'll notice that the bitmaps will resize on different machines which can be very annoying.  I might have some sample code I can post for you to at least show you how to do things.  As for the resizing issues, I never figured a way around it.

Here's a little snippet out of my sos autofarmer that loads 3 different size maps for navigation:

Code: [Select]
;---------------------------------------------------------------------
sub SetMapSize
  namespace push
  namespace local MAP
  set !list %1
  set !mapsize_in %2
  set !force_cal %3
  menu delete EUOBrittania
  menu Image Create EUOBrittania !xloc !yloc 400 400
  if !mapsize_in = 1
  {
    menu Image File EUOBrittania 0 0 #CURPATH , britania_small.jpg
  }
  if !mapsize_in = 2
  {
    menu Image File EUOBrittania 0 0 #CURPATH , britania.jpg
  }
  if !mapsize_in = 3
  {
    menu Image File EUOBrittania 0 0 #CURPATH , britania_big.jpg
  }
  gosub TM_DeleteAllPoints !list #FALSE ; also remove list
  gosub HideAllZones EUOListLandZones
  gosub HideAllZones EUOListSeaZones
  set !mapsize !mapsize_in
  set %mapsize !mapsize_in
  if !force_cal = #TRUE
  {
    set %calibrated #FALSE
    menu set EUOStatus WARNING! You must re-calibrate your map area to see SOS marks.
  }
  namespace pop
return

Hey TM...

I came back to review the conversation here, and since I have enough sense to study your responses...well, here I am again.  Anyway - I came across this post of yours where you mentioned your sos autofarmer. 
I looked in the script library and can't find that one.  *pouts*  I've used Kal's SOS Master for some time now, and would LOVE to compare yours to his.  I know that you must know Kal In Ex from EasyUO, and I suspect KaliOfLS is one in the same - and might just be an actual Dr. Kali now...  You have seen/used Kali's SOS Master haven't you?

;)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:13:21 PM by Grandewd »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 08:25:33 PM »
Kal and Kaliofls are different peeps.  Both are gifted scripters.  For the Sos autofarmer, I used to determine the SOS coords myself, but with the recent changes to the SOS gumps, I stubbed in Kal's wonderful subs.  But since he doesn't allow for public release of his subs, I can't release my code.

Kal's SOS master is probably the only script I use other than the ones I write (and a couple that C2 does).  My SOS farmer takes the idea of Kal's SOS master to the max by totally automating the SOS process.  But that script is left to the Elite section.  ;)  Think fusing the FaF with Kal's SOS Master..
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 11:01:53 PM »
Kal and Kaliofls are different peeps.  Both are gifted scripters.  For the Sos autofarmer, I used to determine the SOS coords myself, but with the recent changes to the SOS gumps, I stubbed in Kal's wonderful subs.  But since he doesn't allow for public release of his subs, I can't release my code.

Kal's SOS master is probably the only script I use other than the ones I write (and a couple that C2 does).  My SOS farmer takes the idea of Kal's SOS master to the max by totally automating the SOS process.  But that script is left to the Elite section.  ;)  Think fusing the FaF with Kal's SOS Master..

*** Thinks fusing would be a good thing - Go for it ***

And, are you certain they are 2 different people?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 11:03:57 PM »
Kal and Kaliofls are different peeps.  Both are gifted scripters.  For the Sos autofarmer.... I stubbed in Kal's wonderful subs.  But since he doesn't allow for public release of his subs, I can't release my code.

I'm going to attempt to get his permission.... Wish me luck!  :)

Offline ximan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ximan has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile

Tags: