Author Topic: Corgul's Handbook giving me fits  (Read 2479 times)

Offline GrandewdTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Grandewd has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Corgul's Handbook giving me fits
« on: November 15, 2013, 03:56:36 PM »
I can use the following to drop my Tome of Lost Knowledge onto my PD and it works every time.

Code: [Select]
set %Tome QLIPOND
finditem %Tome C_ , #BACKPACKID
exevent drag #findID
wait 1s
exevent droppd
halt

but when I try the same simple script (with the variable names and their associated ID's properly assigned) for my Corgul's Handbook (another spellbook) it never drops it and it always get's stuck in my hand... What is causing this?

Offline ximan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ximan has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Corgul's Handbook giving me fits
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 04:27:43 PM »
when I try the same simple script (with the variable names and their associated ID's properly assigned) for my Corgul's Handbook (another spellbook) it never drops it and it always get's stuck in my hand... What is causing this?

You might bring it up on the easyuo main board; seen cases where Cheffe had to change something to get certain items to equip to the proper layer.  Along with the exact name, be sure to mention the type of the object ( can lift it manually and then look at #lliftedtype in the variable pane to determine it).

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 04:53:36 PM »
with your paperdoll open instead of droppd   try

dropc #charid
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline GrandewdTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Grandewd has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 10:49:04 PM »
with your paperdoll open instead of droppd   try

dropc #charid

???  That drops it back into the backpack, and isn't Exevent dropPD there specifically to drop it onto the PD?  And why would it work fine with other spellbooks and not with one specific spellbook?  Ahhh... Item type hmmm..... 

But why would that matter if they're both classified as being "held" and I'm giving it the #findID value?  Hmmm... but are they both classified as being able to be "held"?

**** OK, I did some experimenting and found the problem: ****

If you pick up something (using Exevent Drag) and the item you pick up is NOT an item that WILL drop onto the PD (such as a bank check), your script will be in trouble if it subsequently tries to use Exevent DropPD to drop it onto the PD.

Lesson learned: Exevent Drag in itself doesn't care whether or not it's "droppable" onto the PD - it's function is to simply pick the item up - which it does just fine.  But if you then tell Exevent Drag to "drop" that "undroppable" item on the PD - it cannot - but it keeps trying, over and over and over and over - until you finally issue it an Exevent DropC #charID, whereupon it will dutifully drop the item into your backpack, just as it should.  Isn't it interesting how these machines do EXACTLY what they're told?  But then, that's exactly what they're designed to do, right?

Now I know what has caused me so much grief over the years, when I'll occasionally give Exevent Drag/DropPD to something that should drop fine and doesn't.... So, if anyone is listening - could we somehow classify my Corgul's Handbook on Mysticism as dropPD(able)?

Tags: