Author Topic: Mage Weapon Question  (Read 2839 times)

Offline ZmokinTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Zmokin has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Mage Weapon Question
« on: January 30, 2014, 07:20:59 PM »
I have been attempting to decide on a template for a PVP mage and decided on a pure mage. In all my research I cant figure out the numbers on anatomy, wrestling and mage weapon as far as defense goes. I know all give some defense but don't know the math especially on the mage weapon. Another question would the defense stack if you put both wrestling on a template with a mage weapon? And then finally what is another option to put in your hand besides a mage weapon in pvp? I dont see many pvp mages carry a spellbook. As you can tell from these questions if you see me out there i will be an easy target, any help would appreciated though.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Weapon Question
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 07:43:38 PM »
Ok...heh lots of ground to cover but since I'm using my phone I'll give you the short version.  Your ability to be hit or missed is a comparison between your combat skill and your opponents.

Combat skills...
Fencing
Mace fighting
Swords
Wrestling
Archery
Throwing

If you have EQUAL skill as your opponent you hit and are missed 50% of the time.  Hit chance increase and defense chance increase modify that base number and basically cancel each other out.  Example...  you have any combat skill at 120 and so does your opponent.  Your on a mage with 45 dc I and your opponent has 45 hci. ..you are hit 50% of the time...Your hci and dc I cancel.

Mage weapons simply allow you to use your Magers skill as a "combat" skill though at a penalty...  If you have 120 real Magers skill and equip a -20 mage weapon you would effectively have 100 base combat skill for purposes of hitting or being missed.  The thing to do with mage weapons is to account for that negative Magers penalty.   So.....If you have +20 Magers skill increase on your suit the -20 mage weapon is accounted for and your getting a FREE combat skill at 120 for the cost of having to use the mage weapon...

Also.. multiple combat skills don't stack to make you harder to hit or any easier to hit someone else..
Gah.. At work heh.. someone else can email anatomy + evaluation dodge stuff...heh

Offline ZmokinTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Zmokin has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 07:49:49 PM »
Thanks Alpha I appreciate it. That cleared the mage weapon up. I actually didnt know the HCI and DCI math on that for pvp very helpful.
One last thought on that. I know the 100 anatomy+ 120 eval gives you the defense of 120 wresting. So if you are running a mage weapon then it really wouldnt be beneficial to have anatomy either right?

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 09:03:15 AM »
Thanks Alpha I appreciate it. That cleared the mage weapon up. I actually didnt know the HCI and DCI math on that for pvp very helpful.
One last thought on that. I know the 100 anatomy+ 120 eval gives you the defense of 120 wresting. So if you are running a mage weapon then it really wouldnt be beneficial to have anatomy either right?

Right...  Unless you get disarmed.

Tags: