Author Topic: Stealth UO Client Tutorial  (Read 10333 times)

Offline unisharpTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • unisharp has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Stealth UO Client Tutorial
« on: March 17, 2020, 04:22:28 AM »
+2
Download page: http://stealth.od.ua/Site/Downloads - latest version is usually on top

1.  Download and install Stealth UO Client.  If you have anti-virus software it's possible that it will complain because it hasn't seen this file many times and may not trust it.  The setup file may be compressed in a RAR file type which can be uncompressed with WinRAR or 7zip - I prefer 7zip.

2.  Run the Stealth application.

3.  Hit the cogwheel in the upper-right corner - this is the Settings.

4.  Change anything you want, but I suggest making these changes:
  a.  Under "Server" tab - click Full mode
  b.  Under "Logs" tab - uncheck everything

5.  Close Settings

6.  In the middle of the application, you'll see Profile, Accounts, Connect, Disconnect, Start Client.  Click the pen and paper icon to the right of Profile.

*THESE NEXT STEPS NEED TO BE DONE IN ORDER, CORRECTLY, WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING EXTRA - DO NOT HIT SAVE UNTIL I TELL YOU TO*

7.  Profiles setup - "Name" is the nickname for your account to, for display only - "Login" is your account username.  Fill in Name, Login, Pass, 120 Reconnect time, uncheck Remember my choice.

8.  Click the pen and paper icon to the right of Shard.

9.  Name: OSI, Address 107.23.176.74, Port: 7776, uncheck use proxy unless you need to use one, Client version: 7.0.85.14 (this needs to get changed every time you update UO), check Encrypted client, click the folder icon next to MUL or UOP Filepath and locate Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic folder.

10.  Click the pen and paper icon to the right of Selected Client

11.  Name: Classic, Path: Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\client.exe location to your client.exe, check use steal.cfg instead of login.cfg.

12.  In the "Clients" window, hit the green plus arrow then press OK(+Save), then close button

13.  In the Shards Setup window, select "Classic" under Selected Client, then press Add button, then press Save button, then press Close button.

14.  In the Profiles Setup window, select "OSI" for Shard, then press the green plus arrow button, then press Save button, then press Close button.

15.  Now we're ready to connect the profile you just setup.  Select your profile in the middle and click Connect.

16.  You should see a popup for shard selection, then character selection.

17.  After you've chosen a character, the bar on the left side should turn green, this indicates your character is connected and is in the world.

18.  At this point you can start running a script if you like.  A client window does not need to be open in order to run a script.  However if you want a client window open, click the Start Client button.  Do not type anything in Account or Pass, just click Login.  You should now have a classic client window open with your current connected character.

EDIT: Step 11 can be changed to work with Enhanced Client.  Stealth UO does work with Enhanced Client.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 08:40:43 AM by unisharp »

Offline daymorn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • daymorn has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
Re: Stealth UO Client Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 01:30:08 PM »
Hey, thanks for this. I was able to get the classic client example working and I'm definitely going to play with it some more. I was wondering if you are able to post a full working example of an EC connection? I tried modifying the values myself, but I'm not having any luck. Every attempt I do results in 'Login error: unknown user(login).' At first I thought it might be a different IP used for EC, and I'm not much of a windows user but I pulled out wireshark and saw EC hitting 107.23.176.74 on login attempts.
For 'MUL or UOP Filepath' im using: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced
For the client path I'm using: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UOSA.exe
All other settings should be the same.
Any guidance is greatly appreciated. I think this would be fun to get into and I'm excited about using python.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 04:35:33 AM »
Before continuing I have to warn you of a bug for stealth+EC - it doesn't load/save your character profiles in-game, meaning any hotbars or customization you've done will go away next time you login.

With that being said, there's only 1 thing you need to change from the regular CC configuration:

Create a new Client, name it EC and point the path to your EC location:
ie: E:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UOSA.exe

Then make sure you have it selected in your shards setup:

You do not need to change your MUL/OUP Filepath.

Tested, confirmed working 8/27/20
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 04:42:13 AM by unisharp »

Offline daymorn

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 06:29:48 AM »
You are truly a god among men. Thank you.

My only issue now is that, after connecting, when doing 'Start Client' it brings up the EC login screen and the login details are not auto populated like the CC is. I'm not sure where the login creds for the virtual server are defined at so all i have is the username 'StealthClient'.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 08:03:31 AM »
You are truly a god among men. Thank you.

My only issue now is that, after connecting, when doing 'Start Client' it brings up the EC login screen and the login details are not auto populated like the CC is. I'm not sure where the login creds for the virtual server are defined at so all i have is the username 'StealthClient'.

To be honest I was never sure about this, but what I've come to the conclusion is that it doesn't matter what you put in for login/pass - I don't think it passes back to the server at all, just to stealth.  It gives an error the first time and the second attempt logs you in.

Were you successful in logging in with EC?

Also, I spoke with Vizit0r and he is interested in fixing the profile problem!  Look for future updates ;)

Offline daymorn

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 10:25:21 AM »
Ah, sure enough. I tried logging in twice and was able to get logged in with the client. That would be really, really cool if he fixes the profiles for EC. Pass on my many thanks!

Tags: